Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford v Charlton - PSF Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    just what I was about to say Henry 
  • Options
    Dartford have def not accepted defeat, and could see them getting back into this if we don't get a third, bloody hell, listen to me, anyone would think the result was 3 points B)
  • Options
    Barker is having a mare.
    Looks to have gone backwards.
  • Options
    Aneke and Leko up front for Birmingham both come on as subs no surprise there 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I didn't think professional footballers could kick a ball cleanly if they hadn't been on for at least 15 minutes 🤷‍♂️
    Yes, a preseason friendly at Dartford is very similar in terms of pressure and intensity to a penalty shootout in a major international final. 
  • Options
    Unsurprisingly the youth look a more coherent team having played together a lot more and trying harder to impress.

Good as some of the kids are we still need more senior players, as Adkins, Gallen, TS and Roddy very well know.
    And not just numbers, but also much  better quality in midfield and attack. Tall order.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Morgan looks busy and generally effective, but we're lacking any control with our midfield in general. If we are playing Dobson and Albie, we'll need someone whose more of a complete midfielder between them.
    Seriously, I would expect that Steven Gallen is chasing a midfielder  like that.

If we can see what's missing, you can bet the recruitment team have already seen that too.
    If Steve catches him, he's probably not what we need.
  • Options
    FT Orient 1-1 Spurs 

sorry posted on wrong thread ( Rumours)
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Morgan looks busy and generally effective, but we're lacking any control with our midfield in general. If we are playing Dobson and Albie, we'll need someone whose more of a complete midfielder between them.
    Seriously, I would expect that Steven Gallen is chasing a midfielder  like that.

If we can see what's missing, you can bet the recruitment team have already seen that too.
    If Steve catches him, he's probably not what we need.
    We'll send Watson instead, then. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry but we look poor. Really thought things would be positive this season, but can't see us anywhere near automatics
    You're watching the youth team.
  • Options
    Sorry but we look poor. Really thought things would be positive this season, but can't see us anywhere near automatics
    And you judge that on what ? 
  • Options
    It's all bollox Bolder. 

• Options
    It will be alright on the night!🤗
  • Options
    In the week Kings Lynn 1-0 Ipswich . How do you judge Ipswich after that ?
  • Options
    FT  1-2 B), good workout, and second half better than first.
  • Options
    Now, now.......don't you know you're not allowed to say things like that on here.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Not been a classic by any means. Ipswich struggled to a 1-0 win here with a late goal last week. Dartford are no mugs and certainly a tougher test than Welling right now.
    Yes Dartford are very decent.
    Very impressed with our young keeper Nathan Harness.
    Spoke too soon
    Yeah wondered that when I posted.
    Curse of the commentator.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I didn't think professional footballers could kick a ball cleanly if they hadn't been on for at least 15 minutes 🤷‍♂️
    Yes, a preseason friendly at Dartford is very similar in terms of pressure and intensity to a penalty shootout in a major international final. 
    And we somehow managed to slaughter Dartford 2-1.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Its the same old summer on here when it comes to pre-season friendlies

All results get an over-reaction... Its not even restricted to a Charlton thing

Nice 2-1 win today, bit more match sharpness for the first team, a few kids have hopefully given Adkins a bit of a headache... We move on to the next one, the first game we should worry about is Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now, now.......don't you know you're not allowed to say things like that on here.
    Of course you can, but we’ve all seen enough summers to know pre-season results mean nothing, and that a squad can look very different in a few months time.
  • Options
    I think our first team attack will look alot better once we get that key central midfielder we need. They just had to chase long punts up the pitch as we couldn't connect back to front.
  • Options
    Bed wetting in its purest form!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Poor there from Clayden should’ve put the runner in. I’m all for individual skill but he needs to learn to mix it up a bit and he’s got plenty of time to do so.

Davison took his goal well and I was impressed with 2nd half keeper Beadle. Barker seemed to get done a few times and Harness shouldn’t have been beaten at his near post.

A good run out for the squad and it’s another useful step in pre season build up towards kick off v Wendies.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    It was Ipswich's U18s for the second time!!

Or do you actually mean Ipswich 1 Bury St Edmunds 1.  That was Ipswich's U18s as well. 
  • Options
    People making predictions based on 3 pre-season friendlies without a complete squad and unfinished recruitment, we have some footballing genius on this forum. Let’s wait and see!!👍😂
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Poor there from Clayden should’ve put the runner in. I’m all for individual skill but he needs to learn to mix it up a bit and he’s got plenty of time to do so.

Davison took his goal well and I was impressed with 2nd half keeper Beadle. Barker seemed to get done a few times and Harness shouldn’t have been beaten at his near post.

A good run out for the squad and it’s another useful step in pre season build up towards kick off.
    Agree. Points for me were:

First half
    Morgan looked one of our better players bit passing wayward.
    Liked the look of Deji.
    Stockley seemed way off being match sharp or even his usually domineering self in the air.
    DJ was too tricky for them, decent performance. 

Second half
    Clayden looks exciting but a little wasteful at the moment.
    Barker very poor, seemed a yard slow every time.
    Davison pretty good and more agile than I remember from 2 seasons ago.
  • Options
    Even with three goals that game was still magnolia woodchip.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

A good run out for the squad and it’s another useful step in pre season build up towards kick off.
    Agree. Points for me were:

First half
    Morgan looked one of our better players bit passing wayward.
    Liked the look of Deji.
    Stockley seemed way off being match sharp or even his usually domineering self in the air.
    DJ was too tricky for them, decent performance. 

Second half
    Clayden looks exciting but a little wasteful at the moment.
    Barker very poor, seemed a yard slow every time.
    Davison pretty good and more agile than I remember from 2 seasons ago.
    Would add that Beadle made a couple of very good saves