Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford v Charlton - PSF Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Morgan looks busy and generally effective, but we're lacking any control with our midfield in general. If we are playing Dobson and Albie, we'll need someone whose more of a complete midfielder between them.
    Seriously, I would expect that Steven Gallen is chasing a midfielder  like that.

If we can see what's missing, you can bet the recruitment team have already seen that too.
    You have more faith than I do. We 100% needed a centre half in January and got Smith. 
    That was Bowyer though. He wanted to gamble the early return of our injured twin CBs.

Anyway, he's gone now. I can't see Adkins takin the same risk - he'll ensure he's got adequate squad cover.
    He's already told us that getting the spine of the team right, is the first priority.

• Options
    The one way system in the ground is stupid
  • Options
    can we swap Stockley for a striker
    He'll be fine when we re-sign Shinnie to provide the assists. 

• Options
    I'm not looking for a result just that some of our more experienced players show they have at last a vague idea of what they need to do
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Inniss is so injury prone it's unreal.
    Nowhere has it been said that Inniss is injured.

Nowhere? Someone just said he's been out with a niggle.
    That was specifically Gilbey. Adkins said so.

But he did tell us that Innis was to join the training last Monday. I would guess it's too soon for him to get games.
    Adkins has previously told us that Inniss has had his own schedule or whatever .... as he's expected to be a big player for us this season. Something like that.

Why does he still need his own regime. That doesn't  sound so good to me. 
    Imagine everyone gets their own personalised regime for the off-season during the summer and then during pre-season, BMI | Heart-Rate | pure fitness... Everyone is going to be different with what they can hack each day / week.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Inniss is so injury prone it's unreal.
    Nowhere has it been said that Inniss is injured.

Nowhere? Someone just said he's been out with a niggle.
    That was specifically Gilbey. Adkins said so.

But he did tell us that Innis was to join the training last Monday. I would guess it's too soon for him to get games.
    Adkins has previously told us that Inniss has had his own schedule or whatever .... as he's expected to be a big player for us this season. Something like that.

Why does he still need his own regime. That doesn't  sound so good to me. 
    Because Inniss is made of glass? He's had injury history, and just got over a lengthy troublesome injury.
    Adkins tells us they are just being precautionary with Inniss when it comes to training schedules so far.

Other than that I don't know anymore than you do, except I pay attention to what the manager tells us. :wink:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not been a classic by any means. Ipswich struggled to a 1-0 win here with a late goal last week. Dartford are no mugs and certainly a tougher test than Welling right now.
    Welling were also a team of trialists...
  • Options
    Not been a classic by any means. Ipswich struggled to a 1-0 win here with a late goal last week. Dartford are no mugs and certainly a tougher test than Welling right now.
    Pretty decent chance they would have been in the National League if it wasn’t for the shut down, decent team 
  • Options
    Famewo looking a bit rusty, some poor passing and a couple of shaky moments in defence. Deji 2 looks very composed, he needs to fill out a bit though
  • Options
    Just saw some clips from the Sunderland friendly going on. Christ it's like a different sport to what we're watching.
  • Options
    Not making wholesale changes at HT
  • Options
    Yes Dartford are very decent.
    Very impressed with our young keeper Nathan Harness.
  • Options
    Not making wholesale changes at HT
    Probably going to give 60mins to the major players in the squad as originally planned

Its just the reverses who'll miss out on that extra fitness
  • Options
    Pearce and Barker on for Famewo and Matthews
  • Options
    Just saw some clips from the Sunderland friendly going on. Christ it's like a different sport to what we're watching.
    Who are they playing....?
  • Options
    Front 3 pretty poor and not impressed by Vennings. Morgan's excellent game blighted by bad final balls. But... err, no actually, it just wasn't a very good half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hearts
  • Options
    Not a classic by any means this match so far, but it’s good to see Albie Morgan on the front foot and looking confident in the midfield.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Morgan looks busy and generally effective, but we're lacking any control with our midfield in general. If we are playing Dobson and Albie, we'll need someone whose more of a complete midfielder between them.
    Seriously, I would expect that Steven Gallen is chasing a midfielder  like that.

If we can see what's missing, you can bet the recruitment team have already seen that too.
    They should and probably have been since about ten minutes into the Lincoln game, if they weren't already.

Was a massive problem last season as we only had one player who even resembled a complete midfielder, despite having about a dozen of them. 

Well the way things are going we are likely going to need to cobble a midfield together for the first game or two. And with the current squad that would likely be Watson, Dobson and Gilbey. Or Dobson, Morgan and Gilbey. Neither have the correct balance but I'd assume it will be the first option.
    Ah yes but we need to remember Watson, Morgan and Gilbey was our midfield when we beat Hull and Lincoln in the last 2 games last season.

Is it ideal, of course not.  It's far from perfect and there is no chance it will be our first choice during the season but it's not as bad as some will make out and we will probably win some games with it next season. 
  • Options
    I'm not looking for a result just that some of our more experienced players show they have at last a vague idea of what they need to do
    They are specifically told to play within themselves and not to take any risks ..... it's just a practice training game, for experimentation, fitness and minutes. Players are not yet sharp, tackles and offball runs not made, passing rusty. 

Don't forget Dartford players will have keenly looked forward to playing against a League side.
    They'll put more effort in and hope to claim a scalp.

• Options
    physically the Dartford team look a lot chunkier than our lot
  • Options
    Hearts.

Their second goal:
    https://streamable.com/r4sd5m

Their new 17 yr old centre back on loan from Man City:
    https://streamable.com/5r9hwx
  • Options
    Best ball of the day by Purrington, great finish by DJ. 1-0
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Great finish from DJ B) 0-1
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    1-1 - Harness will be disappointed with that, shouldnt be beaten at that post