Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    Kirk and Burger boy, what a great start to 2024.
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories, Charlie 🤔
  • Options
    I can't really bring myself to "wish him well". An irritating and aloof footballer/person, is how I found him.
  • Options
    Good work by Andy Scott. 

An expensive mistake by Charlton but at least he can go back up North and hopefully his partner can get her hairdressing clients back !
    Kirk was a light weight the whole time he was here. 

Who decided after watching Crewe that Charlie was not only worth signing ? but 4 years !

If it was Steve Gallen's recommendation then he made a terrible decision. Did Kirk ever make a challenge  ? Did he ever dribble pass any one ?  Did he ever look interested?
    I even saw him go now with a slight knock  in the warm up at the valley and Pearce gave him such a dirty look.

Charlie Kirk's gone and with some more counselling for Charlton fans, hopefully forgotten.
    Is it?

Hasnt he only negotiated the pay off for him? It’s not good work until we see the replacements to the squad. 
  • Options
    The best passer of the ball backwards we've ever had, absolutely effortless. 
  • Options
    I wonder if that is his full contract paid up? Hopefully not! 
    I would imagine quite a bit of it. A player will want security over the next xxxx months. Lots of players free in the summer & Kirky boy could be sat twiddling his thumbs for a good few months if he doesn't watch out.  
  • Options
    No winners overall from this. CAFC lost money, time, and fan support. Charlie Kirk's career went down the plug hole. There has to be some sort of analysis1) why was he targeted 2) why was he bought 3) why was he offered such a long contract on (allegedly) big money 4) why/who made these decisions.
    He has my sympathy to the extent that he was never the player that some fans wanted/expected.He wasn't that tough tackling hard working type or electric fast, able to beat players A lot of what we saw showed a lack of confidence in himself, especially the Cray Valley misses.
    I'm not sorry to see him go, he didn't fit and wasn't going to get any more chances. But so many people accusing him of not trying- that's a cheap shot and I don't believe it, nor any other player  can remember at the moment. Confidence is such an illusive quality that profoundly affects what you can achieve and is regularly ignored on this site ( and  probably others as well).
    We all move on.
  • Options
    Should be the first name on the CAFC team list

of worst buys ever 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Much fanfare when he came, much fanfare when he left.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    All that being said, I do hope for the sake of his own well being that he goes on to find happier times elsewhere.
    I think that goes without saying .

Beyond that Lepoint / Polish Pete types , who could barely justify being called a pro, I’m struggling to think of a worse pound for pound signing 
  • Options
    Have we finally found something that all Addicks can agree on, bye! 
  • Options
    Kirk is nowhere near the worst signings list when we've had the likes of Lepoint and Bergdich under Roland or Marcus Bent. Some deals just don't work out 
  • Options
    Some of the remarks on here with regard to Kirk are quite inappropriate, he arrived at Charlton just after the death of his father, he played under a few different managers. OK it didn't work out but that is no reason for some of the remarks on here., Also if you are going to use 4 letter swear words then have the bollocks to spell them right.
    Feck off, he was shot.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    “I always felt there was a player in there”
    The swine !!

Wonder which player it was ? 

Should have nicknamed him Hannibal.... :)
    He was too scared to tackle so I can’t see him eating anyone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    I still remember "His car's in The Valley" and the photos stuff, along with the general feeling of here we go when he signed, how things change...best all round that he moves on...
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Kirk is nowhere near the worst signings list when we've had the likes of Lepoint and Bergdich under Roland or Marcus Bent. Some deals just don't work out 
    Nah, he's definitely up there. 
  • Options
    Oh Charlie wanted to love ya but so glad you’re gone. I think most fans gave you a well deserved pass when your dad passed but it seems like you didn’t want to be here from the moment you arrived. The ultimate “best for both parties”. 
  • Options
    Weird one with Kirk.
    He was one of the most highly rated wingers in the EFL, so buying him made sense.
    But he was good at Crewe because of the full back playing behind him. 
    His dad passing away on the eve of the transfer didn’t help him either.
    Has to be one of the most disappointing signings ever. 
    Hopefully he finds his way elsewhere but glad it’s over. 

• Options
    Baffling how he was SO bad for us. It's not as if he was a kid who had hardly played when we signed him, he had played 200 times for Crewe in L1 and L2.

Strangely the only time I've ever seen him fired up was a pre season friendly at Dartford, in 2022 I think. He was weirdly angry because someone made a bad pass to him!
  • Options
    Copping the “Worst Charlton Signing Ever” accolade is a fair achievement given that the likes of Yohann Thuram-Ulien lurk in the annals of our history! 
  • Options
    I was pleased we got him at the time … how wrong I was! 
  • Options
    He also had his chances back oop north on 2 half season loans at Blackpool and Burton and did f-all there either - not going to be many clubs queueing up to sign him now.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    It's good that he didn't Winston Bogarde us. I'm sure whatever we paid him was less than he could've made by sitting out his contract. 
  • Options
    Byeeeee 🙏👋

Merrry Christmas everyone!