Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    Have Cray Valley Paper Mills put in a cheeky offer?
    They offered a chocolate teapot and we tore their arms off
  • Options
    Talal said:
    The best passer of the ball backwards we've ever had, absolutely effortless. 
    I mean there’s lots of competition there in this current squad…
  • Options
    Good decision, saves both parties being stuck with each other for the next few years. No doubt he'll score against us wherever he ends up 
    Not unless we draw a team from the Northern premier in the cup.
  • Options
    Showed occasional glimpses of good technical skills, passing ability and vision but complete lack of ambition or, apparent, effort.  Supposedly was well liked in the dressing room - but never seemed to really settle "down here".  Think he got a 4 year deal as that was probably the only way he'd sign with the upheaval to his family.  Think he probably agreed a reduced settlement payout as we're less than 2 weeks from the window opening and I'd guess he may well have something already lined up...no doubt he'll come back to haunt us at some point...
  • Options
    Good work by Andy Scott. 

An expensive mistake by Charlton but at least he can go back up North and hopefully his partner can get her hairdressing clients back !
    Kirk was a light weight the whole time he was here. 

Who decided after watching Crewe that Charlie was not only worth signing ? but 4 years !

If it was Steve Gallen's recommendation then he made a terrible decision. Did Kirk ever make a challenge  ? Did he ever dribble pass any one ?  Did he ever look interested?
    I even saw him go down injured with a slight knock  in the warm up at the valley and Pearce gave him such a dirty look.

Charlie Kirk's gone and with some more counselling for Charlton fans, hopefully forgotten.
    Is it? Good work would be being able to shift him onto someone else for free in the window. 

Paying him off is basically a last resort play that anyone could do. 
  • Options
    It's a tough old game. Hope he's not in the 2024 Calendar.
  • Options
    Best for both parties. Won't be forgotten for all the wrong reasons. 
  • Options
    When you are purchasing players at this level there is a higher probability of it not working out and £500000 on Charlie Kirk is definitely one that didn't work out. 
  • Options
    Probably a bit more mutual on our end. What a let down, the signing from that sad window that actually felt like we’d gone for and got a proper L1 stand-out. Instead we got a miserable shadow of a footballer who managed to be simultaneously completely absent and impossible to ignore with how frustrating he was. In my head I gave him so many chances but that Cray Valley performance was probably the worst I’ve ever seen in terms of effort and quality together. Such a disappointment 
    I was there for Lincoln away two seasons ago. To say he was abysmal that day would be to lavish wholesome praise
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    se9addick said:
    All that being said, I do hope for the sake of his own well being that he goes on to find happier times elsewhere.
    I think that goes without saying .

Beyond that Lepoint / Polish Pete types , who could barely justify being called a pro, I’m struggling to think of a worse pound for pound signing 
    Pound for pound and Simon Walton has to be in the mix 
  • Options
    Good work by Andy Scott. 

An expensive mistake by Charlton but at least he can go back up North and hopefully his partner can get her hairdressing clients back !

Who decided after watching Crewe that Charlie was not only worth signing ? but 4 years !

If it was Steve Gallen's recommendation then he made a terrible decision. Did Kirk ever make a challenge  ? Did he ever dribble pass any one ?  Did he ever look interested?
    I even saw him go down injured with a slight knock  in the warm up at the valley and Pearce gave him such a dirty look.

Charlie Kirk's gone and with some more counselling for Charlton fans, hopefully forgotten.
    Is it? Good work would be being able to shift him onto someone else for free in the window. 

Tried that already, didn’t work. No one wanted him.

Now we’ve had to pay to get him off our books.

Not ideal but it should create room for someone to come in nice and early in the window.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Good work by Andy Scott. 

Tried that already, didn’t work. No one wanted him.

Now we’ve had to pay to get him off our books.

Not ideal but it should create room for someone to come in nice and early in the window.
    Right but it's not really something to be credited or praised. It's just the logical conclusion of Kirk's time here. 
  • Options
    Terrible timing and extremely inconsiderate of the club to do this so close to christmas. Now i need to ring the club shop and see if i can get a refund on the 'Kirk 14' shirt i ordered this morning.
    I wonder how many of those shirts were sold?
  • Options
    Thank Gawd.
    We have had some poor players recently and I can forgive that but complete lack of effort, fight, hunger. No.
    The absolute antithesis of a Curbs signing.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    wmcf123 said:
    se9addick said:
    All that being said, I do hope for the sake of his own well being that he goes on to find happier times elsewhere.
    I think that goes without saying .

Beyond that Lepoint / Polish Pete types , who could barely justify being called a pro, I’m struggling to think of a worse pound for pound signing 
    Pound for pound and Simon Walton has to be in the mix 

Simon Walton was bought from Championship Leeds ( 34 apps) when he was a teenager and Cafc were in the Premier. Walton never played a League match for Charlton and I find that an unfair shout as very few players are good enough for the Premier.
    Sure, we paid money for him and it was disappointing that he didn't continue to progress.
    307 apps in EFL until dropping out of league 2 in 15/16 season.
    Still playing for Havant at 36.
  • Options
    If he had ripped up his contract and left I would have wished him all the best. That has not happened , we have had to pay him off £2-300k probably. He has stolen a living at Charlton , good riddance.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I think the club have made a terrible mistake. This should've been announced at 2:50pm on Saturday. We would all be dancing a jig in the stands and would have created a magical atmosphere ahead of the match. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adiós, whatever his issues hope he sorts it out, drove me nuts though.
  • Options
    His issues were: Lack of ability, Lack of effort and a shitty haircut.

The last one can be fixed, but the first two?  No chance.
  • Options
    Why do people wish him the best? Guy was a disgrace, complete shirker who didn't try and wasn't good. 
    Do you wish him the worst?

It takes nothing to be a kind person.
    Maybe i'm a prick but i don't want him to be success at other clubs. Why would i? 
  • Options
    This wouldn’t have been cheap. He’s not going to give up the last 18 months of his contract for peanuts. Yeah we might have saved a bit of his wages but the pay off would have been substantial.
  • Options
    Not his fault that the powers be spent half a million on him and then offered him a 4 year contract.

Thank god those individuals have left the building. Just the Aneke saga left to run now 
  • Options
    His issues were: Lack of ability, Lack of effort and a shitty haircut.

The last one can be fixed, but the first two?  No chance.
    Ouch !
  • Options
    250K for Alfie May. Jordan Rhoades... (not much? free?) you have to be VERY good to identify young players to make an impact on this league. You just have to look at the facts to identify impactful players otherwise - it's not that difficult.