Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Oxford v Charlton | 14th Aug 2021

Comments

• Options
    No goals in open play still. We got a penalty from a handball out of nothing and that's the only good chance we've had this season. 
  • Options
    I've been optimistic with regards to the whole depth of our playing staff but I'm worried now. That was pretty bad.
    I’m not worried…. Yet! 
    Only the second game of the season, and there will be more incoming.

but what irks and worries me is the game plan (or lack of it). 

Last season under Adkins we were solid both defensively and attacking- we don’t look either at the moment! 
  • Options
    No goals in open play still. We got a penalty from a handball out of nothing and that's the only good chance we've had this season. 
    Not even a handball,so we got lucky to even get back into the game…
  • Options
    Terrible. The football is worse than last year. 3 games in and still no goals from open play. 

Looking forward to hearing about the great pathway for the youngsters though!
  • Options
    A lucky penalty for us. Apart from that we didn’t test the goalie. Our midfield looks very weak. The balance of the whole team seems just wrong. Oxford far superior. 
    We never seemed to have control of the game. Not an entertaining game at all. Similar to last week really, but worse.
    lots of work to do on this team. 
  • Options
    Personally speaking, if, before the game, I thought we might need a goal or two with time running out, and provided Schwartz could move at all, I'd have had him on the bench - just to offer something different (including, hopefully, a goal scoring threat).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well we have exactly the same points and GD as the league champions Ipswich so that's a positive 😂 the negative bit is that we were so far from being near competitive. DJ not in the game at all. Defence for the 1st time looked shaky. Albie nowhere near good enough to be starting. Washington was the only other positive I could gleam from the game.

Hopefully we get Gilby back sooner rather than later
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Shocking!
    went from irrational and erratic play at times to plain complacency.

no midfield, which isn’t helped by Morgan trying to do everything- this is a make or break season for him and he shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11! Gilbey & JFC desperately missed!

nothing coming off from the bench, lack of Plan B is worrying - presumably with a few more bodies in that will change?

A Defence that was solid last week, looked mistake prone and all over the place- again not helped by Gunter out of position and then no shielding from the wingers! 

Early days yet, and first 5-10 games of a season don’t matter as much, as still trying to get into the swing of things- but hard to see where we go from here! 
    Where does Kirk fit in? We don’t play along the floor, and midfield is so overrun and static that it doesn’t bare thinking about! 

As others have/continue to say - need at least 5 more in!

Can’t see Kirk making much difference with the current quality of players he will be feeding.

• Options
    No one in the centre of the park to get the game by the scruff of the neck, something we didn't have last season either.
  • Options
    We looked very disorganised.
  • Options
    Sorry but that was a performance that was devoid of any ideas.
  • Options
    Some of the worst football I've seen from us for  long time  . Long ball after Long ball . Embarrassing  .
  • Options
    I’ve heard Adkins likes to play nice stuff. We aren’t seeing that yet. A lot of route one being played.

Kirk won’t change this side. A LB that can attack and a CAM that can link play will. If I’m being picky we could really do with a deeper luring playmaker too (I think I’m still spoilt from Bielik)

Dissapointing but I’m hopeful we will be active now. Seasons aren’t decided this early, but a good start sure as hell helps.
  • Options
    If we're going to lose, it's the perfect way to lose. Look so utterly bereft of ideas that Sandgaard realises you can't patch it with a couple of last minute loan deals. I still think we need 6/7 players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same Shit different Day.
    we need a good wing man which we may have?
    we need a proper Striker and we need our owner to cut the Rock N Roll bullshit and spend some real money, otherwise we stay in this Shit league 1.👎
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I’ve heard Adkins likes to play nice stuff. We aren’t seeing that yet. A lot of route one being played.

Kirk won’t change this side. A LB that can attack and a CAM that can link play will. If I’m being picky we could really do with a deeper luring playmaker too (I think I’m still spoilt from Bielik)

Dissapointing but I’m hopeful we will be active now. Seasons aren’t decided this early, but a good start sure as hell helps.
    Glaringly obvious today they are badly needed, and they need to be first choices not squad fillers.
  • Options
    I really don't like that Albie is becoming the scapegoat already. He's the only player not lumping it forward when he gets the ball. Always looks up and tries to get forward. 
    He doesn't hide but the 10 shirt has come too early for him imo. 
  • Options
    I never thought I would see someone with a worse not than sponge boy church.
    Step forward Morgan. 
    Fucking atrocious. 
  • Options
    Yep, all a bit predictable and not a lot of positives. Not very encouraging. Hope Kirk comes in and settles quickly. It felt a bit flat. Nothing on the bench to inspire. Hoping additional players come in are better than what we have got. Tough league this one and at the moment can't see us challenging with this squad. I know this is a bit negative but the performances so far have been poor.
  • Options
    To all my fellow bed wetter's out there.........................move over, looks like we are going to get busy.