Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Oxford v Charlton | 14th Aug 2021

Comments

• Options
    Jr UTBI went, said we were shocking. But added that the travelers made for a great day out. Didn’t hear a peep from the homies. Still joining him for a Tuesday night trip to nowheresville hope we do better, because by the sounds of it we could not do any worse.
  • Options
    Don’t know why I’m here. Need to find something better to do.

Misery loves company.👍
  • Options
    It was a foul on Matthews!
  • Options
    Fair play to the travelling fans, came across loud and clear all game on the stream.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    WHAddick said:
    Drop Morgan, put Washington in the centre and Kirk left wing for Tuesday. Only saving grace is that the all conquering (according to some) Ipswich are on the same points and GD as us!!
    Agreed Red. This seems like a good change with the personnel we have.
    Thought Morgan was the only midfielder with any drive and creativity today, and I’m not really a fan. Replace him with Washington and you’ll have the most turgid midfield imaginable. 
    Morgan is improving, but if we can replace him with better, that’s fine. I’d be surprised if Washington was the person to do that though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWR
    Tbh Stockley was completely ineffective until paired with Chuks and he then came alive.

I didn't bother following this match too closely and didn't expect any goals, so the Pen is a bonus. 

I'm happy that we've boosted the squad with Kirk but I'd be surprised if this makes the difference needed unless Washington can do that job.

We need another striker (amongst other positions) and hope our 2 first choice strikers keep fit. 
  • Options

• Options
    Good post match interview with Adkins and Minto. Seems a bit puzzled as to why we didn’t really turn up. More players being worked on behind the scenes. 
  • Options
    Drop Morgan, put Washington in the centre and Kirk left wing for Tuesday. Only saving grace is that the all conquering (according to some) Ipswich are on the same points and GD as us!!
    At least Ipswich have players they can bring in if the first 11 aren't winning. Look at our bench today. More akin to a struggling club with no resources or have just come out of administration. Davison & Claydon aren't the answer when you are 2-1 down and chasing a game.

Yep I don't disagree about our bench, however I'll start moaning about it when the window is shut, until then I'll wait and see what transpires. Ipswich did their business early, but are no further advanced than us after 2 games!
    One other thing I would add, if we had won both our games I would not be thinking we were the dogs bollocks...can't judge anything on just 2 league games!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm outta here for a bit. Negativity has gotten too much. 

We can all see where the gaps are, but rather than look for positives in what we have all people want to do is shit post about our players home grown or otherwise. 

It makes for an entirely unenjoyable experience.

See you all in a while.
    Positives?  @Dazzler21 unfortunately defending the bleeding obvious is going to wear you down.

1 point.  1 goal.  270 minutes of football. 

Not negative.   Just obvious.

You can't keep having a go that expect better.  Or just better than we've achieved.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Had a scan through and they seem to be missing so I will put it in for them “At least we have a club, we could have closed down “. Now let’s continue with the bitter disappointment of the current first team offering…..
  • Options
    I wasn't there but the midfield is lightweight, we have also been carrying a player for two games, in DJ. I didn't agree with Adkins assessment of his display against Sheff Wed, he was, in my opinion poor, it doesn't sound like he was much better today. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    At least Ipswich have players they can bring in if the first 11 aren't winning. Look at our bench today. More akin to a struggling club with no resources or have just come out of administration. Davison & Claydon aren't the answer when you are 2-1 down and chasing a game.

This is accurate. The bench looks like a struggling club. Why is it taking so long to bring in players? Yes, judge it when the window closes but we will be going some between now and then to get in the required number of players.

Its too late now. All you'll going to get are Premier League loanees who are being sent to us under duress. For every Gallagher there is a Matt Smith (x2)......and most of the Gallagher's have already been farmed out. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Three games in and even the naysayers now realise you can't win fuck all with no left back, no left winger and no creativity in.the middle of the park.

Kirk SHOULD have been on the bench.  Ridiculous to not think he could have done 20 mins.

Oxford will be up there.  At this point we are SO far away it is sad.

NOW people realise we are FIVE or SIX players off competing.

We have gone backwards.   Hate it.  Really hate how poor our current position is.  

Yes Kirk could have done 20 mins, but as he's been mourning the death of his father, it is understandable he may have needed some time.
    He managed to sign his bumper new contract after his £500,000 transfer. 

20 minutes and a chance to earn us a point isn't beyond reasonable. 
    Well that's utterly unpleasant. 
    Why?  It is 100% factually correct  
  • Options
    Bubble said:
    Absolutely baffling that they released Shinnie after watching that
    Adkins is a good manager, but if he would rather Clare in the side than Shinnie, he has a massive blind spot.
    I don't think it was an Adkins decision. 

'The recruitment team' took one look at Shinnie's age, Morgan's age and then released him. 
    Did they also tell Adkins not to pick him under any circumstances last season? 
  • Options
    A number 10 that can barely shoot, let alone score. 

An incredibly passive midfield

Yet another goalkeeper that pulls off worldy saves but also can't get the basics right

People playing out of position due to lack of depth

Ineffective wingers

An immobile lump up top