Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Wigan — 21/8/2021

Comments

• Options
    On the bright side, if we get drawn against a pub team in the FA Cup we might get to see a replay with those tactics and level of commitment 
  • Options
    We were not terrible but toothless. If you lose 25-30 goals from the team, you have to put them back in. It is chapter one in Tactics for dummies but seems lost on us for whatever reason.
    Nope, we were terrible. We didn’t create a decent chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    The last 4 are possibly the worst sequence of Charlton games I've ever seen as a fan. We've had like 5-6 shots on target across all if them. Utter utter dogshit.
  • Options
    How can Wigan could get 4 or 5 players in box and we could only get 1 in box. Never look like scoring 
  • Options
    The worst Charlton side I have seen in my 30 years. Clueless players, clueless management . Happily never see Morgan play for us ever again. Love to know how Gunter has over 100 caps for his country. So much shit to pick out of that. Hate the lot of them 
  • Options
    No goal threat. Curbs right -  if you're no 10 you should be scoring or making a goal. 
    Tactics,  plan & identity not there from coaches or players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are we allowed to criticise yet? 

It doesn't matter how 'stable' we are if we're going down to League Two anyway. 
    There's a lot to be said for stability, just as long as we don't sink to the bottom to achieve it, I mean the Titanic has been really stable since 1912...

Is there honestly any chance that we can strengthen this squad enough, with the time left in the transfer window, and whatever loans can be negotiated?  
  • Options
    Will post later once I'm home.

But now you have to believe that I have been right all along.

You and me both mate. 
    We're shit 
  • Options
    We are not very good. 

We can't play 433 with the midfield and full backs we currently have in the squad. 

Adkins needs to have a rethink. 

Expansive flowing football is great if you have the players to do so, but we just don't have the quality. 

Famewo, Stockley and Kirk played well. Keeper was better this game. 

The rest, blah

Best we can hope for at the moment is to play 442.
  • Options
    Won't struggle to stay up but I do have to admit we need more going forward. 
    I do however think that 2-0 was generous to a bang average Wigan side but maybe that shows where we are! 
  • Options
    On the plus side, Watson is up to speed for a full game.

Oh
    Watson was one of the better ones today. What did he do wrong?

Nothing other than get old.

Cheek tongue etc. 
  • Options
    Gets worse @ElfsborgAddick was seen at the valley today
  • Options
    I see Aneke scored off the bench today.