Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Wigan — 21/8/2021

Comments

• Options
    We’re missing Gilbey as the number 10 pulling strings and putting Stockley through. Morgan hasn’t been able to do that. Which leaves us only the wings and that’s not enough. Problem is, he’s not fit and I assume it’ll be a while before he’s back and even longer before he finds form.

We also need a left back, which I assume they’re waiting on a loanee, as per last year.

Those two immediately, at the very least, will give us a lot more going forward and something close to an attacking threat.

Even then, is Dobson and Morgan enough in front of the back line? Maybe, maybe not.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    mogodon said:
    Just out of interest, how many players short do people think we are of being a decent side for this division 
    After Sheff Wed, I said 3-4.

After Oxford, it was more like 4-5.

After MK, it seemed to be 5-6.

After today, I’m thinking 7-8.
    Thank you!  I know it must be difficult to admit, but we are just getting worse
    No I’m fine with it. Don’t feel like I’m admitting anything. 

Always best to go into the season with an open mind and trusting the people at the club have got it right, in contrast to the criticism and negativity.

Unfortunately the season is looking very bleak from where I’m sitting.
    I'm just a realist
    And realistically we are proper shit
    That’s not realism.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    mogodon said:
    Just out of interest, how many players short do people think we are of being a decent side for this division 
    After Sheff Wed, I said 3-4.

After Oxford, it was more like 4-5.

After MK, it seemed to be 5-6.

After today, I’m thinking 7-8.
    Thank you!  I know it must be difficult to admit, but we are just getting worse
    No I’m fine with it. Don’t feel like I’m admitting anything. 

Always best to go into the season with an open mind and trusting the people at the club have got it right, in contrast to the criticism and negativity.

Unfortunately the season is looking very bleak from where I’m sitting.
    I'm just a realist
    And realistically we are proper shit
    That’s not realism.
    Yes you continue to be right.
    I continue to be wrong.

And repeat. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Left on 80 as I have to get to work at 7, and I live between basingstoke and Newbury ....and before the usual numpties question it I worked nights last night.....that was grim ...I have seen 3 games this season,  Wimbledon, oxford and today.   Can anyone tell me what Dobson brings to the party he is awful.

The rest not better....no midfield or any threat up top,  long season beckons...
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    LoOkOuT said:
    We’re missing Gilbey as the number 10 pulling strings and putting Stockley through. Morgan hasn’t been able to do that. Which leaves us only the wings and that’s not enough. Problem is, he’s not fit and I assume it’ll be a while before he’s back and even longer before he finds form.

We also need a left back, which I assume they’re waiting on a loanee, as per last year.

Those two immediately, at the very least, will give us a lot more going forward and something close to an attacking threat.

Even then, is Dobson and Morgan enough in front of the back line? Maybe, maybe not.
    It isn't him putting Stockley through that we miss. We miss him putting himself through thinking if you are going to deprive Stockley the space, I'll take it. It is what the Wigan midfielders did when they attacked. It is why we create so little.
  • Options
    If we dont get some decent signings in I think Adkins will walk. He looked deflated today for the 1st time, yes he can be blamed for tactics but there are too many players just not good enough. If it is that TS is trying to do things on a reduced budget I'm pretty sure today will have shown him that isnt going to work. Watson is only here as his contract extension was activated and should be nowhere near starting. Morgan is like a rabbit in the headlights and again should be nowhere near the squad. The plus side is if we can get a decent LB, DM and CM we would do so much better
  • Options
    I'm still thinking .. it's only the start of the season AND I must NOT lose heart just yet  .. despite the fact that I have absolutely no faith in either the owner or the manager AND I am concerned that we are stuck with both for a long time
  • Options
    Adkins said in his interview that we didn’t test Amos enough…

Did we test him at all?

I think I could count our shots on target from open play this season on one hand! 

Utter shite 
    Homer Simpson could count them on one of his hands
  • Options
    Adkins said in his interview that we didn’t test Amos enough…

Did we test him at all?

I think I could count our shots on target from open play this season on one hand! 

Utter shite 
    Homer Simpson could count them on one of his hands
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result" Einstein 
  • Options
    Albie is just not good enough, wherever he plays in the team. I have no problem going 442, but to do it with Morgan and Watson in the center was suicidal, neither are mobile nor quick enough. Full backs are totally not working, one winger DJ, doesn’t help Stockley  when not in possession and no midfielder is interested in joining the attack let alone try and shoot. That side is a disaster waiting to happen at the moment. We need a cm desperately, a left back a striker to play along side stockley. By the way Washington has been dog shot aswell. We are so bad at the moment I just can’t believe it!!!.
  • Options
    Well , we're gonna blow this  league out of the water eh ?
    Europe in 7 years is gonna be a quick backpacking trip to Benedorm . 
    FFS.

• Options
    Thought the overall performance was lacklustre and the final ball woeful 

Did I hear Minto right re' - it looked like 2 very good League 1 sides?