Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Wigan — 21/8/2021

Comments

• Options
    PWR … Glad I didn’t go. Had a feeling it was going to end in disappointment. But never mind … Walking is Brilliant 
  • Options
    Had a beer and thought about it. Players gave there all but aren’t good enough. Never looked like scoring. Feel sick saying this but you compare the quality of their subs (I.e, the guy who got their second) compared to ours and no where near the quality. 

3 defeats in a row in league 1 is a crisis for us. Not good enough and it’s already August and dreading this season.
    A bit like Naby Sarr at Wembley, if you are going to fuck it up, then fuck it up early in the game and give everybody a chance to put it right. 
  • Options
    We went for the three points at the death and it probably cost us one. I don't think one would have been a massive help and it was understandable. It didn't work, but it was understandable.
    Did we really? I thought once again they controlled the last 20 like Oxford did and like MK Dons did. 

We haven’t got the fitness at the end of games
  • Options
    We need to see the players that will make a difference come in. If we don't relegation isn't a certainty but it is a possibility. If we improve our goal threat, we could still be challenging at the top.
  • Options
    I’m mr positive. Fuck off adkins and your shitty walks. 4 defeats in 5. Time to go
    Can't really blame Adkins that much, i think Guardiola would struggle to get much out of this team.
    He might at least try to use the midfield though. 
  • Options
    Never looked like scoring. Formation doesn't work. Keeper made some really good saves to keep us in it.

Midfield just isn't good enough. We're going to struggle to win many games 
  • Options
    I know this is a favourite point of mine, but we took three kick offs today and lost the ball within seconds of each one. The way we are playing, we are going to have many, many kick offs this season. Can we please do some work on not gifting possession to the opposition?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m mr positive. Fuck off adkins and your shitty walks. 4 defeats in 5. Time to go
    Can't really blame Adkins that much, i think Guardiola would struggle to get much out of this team.
    He might at least try to use the midfield though. 
    What midfield??
  • Options
    The worst Charlton team I have am seen since going in the mid 70s. We don’t even look like we are going to do anything l, let alone score or dare I say it win a game . The first time in my life I wasn’t really up for going football.
    I never ever thought I would our team in the bottom four of League 1.
    This week is going to be massive, it will show intent, ambition and recognising how shit we are. If nothing happens this week I can see Adkins walking 
  • Options
    Never looked like scoring. Formation doesn't work. Keeper made some really good saves to keep us in it.

Midfield just isn't good enough. We're going to struggle to win many games 
    You can shuffle it all around but if you have too many players with no goal scoring history who don't know how to even get into goal scoring positions, what formation will work?
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    Just out of interest, how many players short do people think we are of being a decent side for this division 
  • Options
    Adkins isn’t blameless in the last 5 games. Yes the team isn’t great but his tactics, approach and game management leave a lot to be desired.
    bingo 
  • Options
    We went for the three points at the death 
    Did we?
  • Options
    Had a beer and thought about it. Players gave there all but aren’t good enough. Never looked like scoring. Feel sick saying this but you compare the quality of their subs (I.e, the guy who got their second) compared to ours and no where near the quality. 

3 defeats in a row in league 1 is a crisis for us. Not good enough and it’s already August and dreading this season.
    I'd sooner have genital warts than James McClean in the side. Things ain't that bad 
  • Options
    We did, by playing two up front but it didn't work because Wigan exploited the midfield gaps and we couldn't get the ball to them. We were more solid with the three but probably wouldn't score if we were still playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The last premiership team to name a starting team numbered 1 to 11 before Burnley today?

Charlton in 1998.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    I've given up on Morgan. He's a lost cause. Even the players look like they've had enough of him.
    He was no worse than anyone else out there, other than MacG
    I'm not basing that on one performance. He doesn't have the quality or the brain to play as a 10 and he doesn't have the defensive side of his game to play as a CM. I'm not sure what he is, other than not ready for this level. 
    Agree with this. And that is not knocking Morgan, because he was trying his hardest. But having seen most of his games in League One he currently lacks several qualities that a 10 or CM really should have. The problem is at the moment we have no one else.
  • Options
    Difficult in finding any positives to be honest. I think we can put thoughts of promotion to bed. Things can only get better from this. As we’ve done to death it hard to apportion blame but something has gone spectacularly wrong. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    I've given up on Morgan. He's a lost cause. Even the players look like they've had enough of him.
    He was no worse than anyone else out there, other than MacG
    I'm not basing that on one performance. He doesn't have the quality or the brain to play as a 10 and he doesn't have the defensive side of his game to play as a CM. I'm not sure what he is, other than not ready for this level. 
    Agree with this. And that is not knocking Morgan, because he was trying his hardest. But having seen most of his games in League One he currently lacks several qualities that a 10 or CM really should have. The problem is at the moment we have no one else.
    If you want to be successful a number 10 should be looking to get into or very close to double figures for goals and assists, I can't see Morgan doing either.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    People blaming Adkins are mad, it’s TS who has the cheque book and he’s given us a budget that gets us Dobson and Clare. Can’t describe how pissed off I am. 
    TS has given us a bigger budget than most teams. Very few have spent as much money as us. Stockley £750k (outbidding Portsmouth) £500k on Kirk and others. 
    As for Dobson and Clare, I'm not sure who signed them but in case you didn't notice Clare didn't play today!
    Tactics were dreadful. That was our biggest downfall
  • Options
    Come back Roland, all is forgiven!

....would be a ridiculous thing to say right now.
  • Options
    We need another CB because those two won't stay fit all season, 1x LB, 3 midfielders, a #10 X 2 because we can all see that Albie isn't going to cut it, and another CF to support JS.

I doubt we'll get half that. 

What's pissing people off is TS' claims pre season of what to expect, and that expectation was to win the league. 

Currently our midfield is weaker than last year's. Our forward line is weaker than last year's, as too our defense,  with IM going back to chelsea. We won't win half our games let alone promotion with that strategy. 

Theses 1 answer to all this. TS has to spend money, In for a penny, in for a pound.