Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• wmcf123 said:
    I'm with Leuth (yes really) I'd like to see Purrington used as a wide(?) CB option on the left side.

I mean, if Gunter and Matthews can look handy in that role on the right side then Purrington should be getting an England call up if deployed on the left of a back 3.
    With no pace and no passing ability ? Hmm. 
    Purrington, no pace?! Got more pace than Lavelle, Inniss and Pearce, that's for sure!
  • edited February 2022
    sam3110 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I'm with Leuth (yes really) I'd like to see Purrington used as a wide(?) CB option on the left side.

I mean, if Gunter and Matthews can look handy in that role on the right side then Purrington should be getting an England call up if deployed on the left of a back 3.
    With no pace and no passing ability ? Hmm. 
    Purrington, no pace?! Got more pace than Lavelle, Inniss and Pearce, that's for sure!
    More than Pearce , certainly. 

I know most on here think Purrington is the second coming of Roberto Carlos!
  • edited February 2022
    Purrington can definitely be our left footed Sean Clare. Great idea, gives us a nice balance with an overlapping centre back option on each side.

-----Clare - Inniss/Lavelle - Famewo
    OR
    -----Lavelle - Inniss - Purrington

• -----Lavelle - Inniss - Purrington

I would be going with this at Wigan. Shocking from both Clare and Famewo this evening.
  • Clare messed up for a goal but has been great. He stays. Inniss can play LCB? 
  • (tbh I like the idea of Purrington there) 
  • edited February 2022
    Leuth said:
    Clare messed up for a goal but has been great. He stays. Inniss can play LCB? 
    No doubt he's been excellent but I think he needs a rest. He's been really good but he made two errors back to back that cost the deciding goal. Lack of concentration to give away the foul and then lost his man who scored the winning goal from the set piece.
  • Good to see Sam back last night, and ignoring the result I thought he played well.
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Clare messed up for a goal but has been great. He stays. Inniss can play LCB? 
    Why do we have to drop players after one mistake ?  Our best back 3 is Clare, Inniss and Famewo- we just need to stop conceding stupid goals.  
    Clare might need a rest rather than dropping.

Famewo doesn’t help our passing out from the back, we need a left sided version of Clare.
  • Although he didn't have much to do of not, I felt so much calmer when he was on the pitch.
  • FWIW I'd get Inniss back in at CB and keep Famewo and Clare in. 
  • I think Sam has more about him than Famewo. More comfortable on the ball.
  • I think he played well considering first league game in months and being up against one of the best forwards in the division. 

He certainly stood upright and less awkwards than Pearce and Famewo all game who played like they've got half a leg to operate with.
  • I still remain wholly unconvinced by Lavelle. Not sure we are getting promoted at any point unless he is a squad player / 3rd choice centre back at best.

You can count the number of points we've won when he's started and finished a game on one hand and you can chop that hand off and still count the number of clean sheets.
  • edited February 2022
    Jac_52 said:
    I still remain wholly unconvinced by Lavelle. Not sure we are getting promoted at any point unless he is a squad player / 3rd choice centre back at best.

You can count the number of points we've won when he's started and finished a game on one hand and you can chop that hand off and still count the number of clean sheets.
    You would've been able to say the same about Clare and Dobson if they had got injured at the same time as Lavelle did. Now they are first names on the teamsheet for many fans.

He clearly has a lot of doubters among CAFC fans to prove wrong but I think he's getting unfair stick because he came over from an unfashionable "minnow" club.
  • He’s going to be a very good player for us, likely long term captain too.
  • Promising start yesterday - he managed to spend more time standing up than Pearce and Famewo did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Growing in confidence every week.
  • Looks more comfortable playing central in the three where he isn’t being asked to chase wingers into the corners too often. Liked his surge forward with the ball in the first half. Thought he looked bang average to begin with but starting to see some potential. Hope he continues on this path as he is at least one who is looking like he might be up to the job next season. 
  • I thought Lavelle played better today, and was impressed by that time he carried the ball out of defence
  • With a full pre season with us hopefully he can become a main stay in the team and a real leader in the dressing room.
  • Not good in the air and limited passing range .  He will need a dominant partner next year but he is an old school, rustic stopper .  
  • What will happen when Inniss plays (could be tomorrow)?
  • edited April 2022
  • Not really stood out when I've seen him play.
  • ross1 said:
    What will happen when Inniss plays (could be tomorrow)?
    Inniss could play left side .  
  • Pleased he is in our squad,  but wouldn't want him starting in a promotion push.