Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    What will happen when Inniss plays (could be tomorrow)?
    Not much reason to play Inniss, we shouldn’t be renewing his contract. Need players who can play 30/40+ games, even more so at CB.
  • Options
    Was not a big fan of Lavelle,  but have been really impressed last 4-5 games, and with those performances I do think he's good enough to be part of a promotion team. Who goes along side him is a very different question, and I think the answer lies outside our current squad. 
  • Options
    Just confirmed on Instagram that his seasons over. Hope he recovers fully before preseason starts
  • Options

• Options
    That's a shame. Wasn't convinced at first, but he's been getting better in recent weeks. Wish him a speedy recovery. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Did I read somewhere that he was previously rarely ever injured , until he came to us? (of course!)

Edit: yep, just read it again in the post above mine!
  • Options
    Didn't he say his injury earlier this season was his first serious one? Now another one to end his season. We even turn players who weren't crocks into crocks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like our freakish injury list of 15 players in the Championship. An area we can alway excel in.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

The sort of character we need to be a cornerstone of next season's team.

Well, that's one then!
  • Options
    I know it sounds like an odd thing to say about a center back, but I honestly have hardly noticed him in the games he has played. Just doesn’t stand out.
  • Options
    Not convinced he’s that good but he’s the only centre half that’s likely be here next season; well him and Clare .  
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I know it sounds like an odd thing to say about a center back, but I honestly have hardly noticed him in the games he has played. Just doesn’t stand out.
    With a CB that can be a positive. 
    He needs a taller player alongside him I think, because he’s not massively dominant in the air. 
  • Options
    Why do we keep getting all these injuries? I mean it's year on year, this isn't an isolated case. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Feel the same, never think he had a really good game, but doesn't stand out for having a bad one either.

Not necessarily a bad thing, Matt Taylor was like that in a good way. Solly, Morrison stood out more, as did Cort when he replaced Taylor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Why do we keep getting all these injuries? I mean it's year on year, this isn't an isolated case. 
    I mean dislocated shoulders are very, very rare. Remember when we got two in one game?!
    Walsall away wasn't it
  • Options
    Real shame for him, as I was just beginning to warm to him in recent games, where he seemed to be quietly in charge in the centre of the 3 man defence. 

However...when he went down in the first half, as a result of that ridiculous hospital ball from Elliott Lee (who should be fined for it if there was any justice), Terry Smith mentioned that "he had been nursing a shoulder injury" (or maybe Terry said "niggle"), I can't recall, coming into the game. It does call into question whether he should have been declared fit, or whether it wouldn't have been better to start Famewo there. It's not as if the game was crucial. Then again I'm not sure Inniss was ready, physically or mentally, so I suppose there were some difficult choices. 
  • Options
    Real shame for him, as I was just beginning to warm to him in recent games, where he seemed to be quietly in charge in the centre of the 3 man defence. 

However...when he went down in the first half, as a result of that ridiculous hospital ball from Elliott Lee (who should be fined for it if there was any justice), Terry Smith mentioned that "he had been nursing a shoulder injury" (or maybe Terry said "niggle"), I can't recall, coming into the game. It does call into question whether he should have been declared fit, or whether it wouldn't have been better to start Famewo there. It's not as if the game was crucial. Then again I'm not sure Inniss was ready, physically or mentally, so I suppose there were some difficult choices. 
    Pearce was also available, and the obvious replacement for the centre position.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I'd take that over the usual case of our defenders standing out for all the wring reasons.
  • Options

Was he available? Curbs, for one, seemed unsure about that.
  • Options
    Player comes to us with no history of injuries and then in his first season for us, he's out long term. Comes back from that injury and then he's out for the season. 

When will it stop?
  • Options

Was he available? Curbs, for one, seemed unsure about that.

he travelled with the squad apparently.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafc999 said:
    I mean dislocated shoulders are very, very rare. Remember when we got two in one game?!
    Yep, and you can't even question coaching or training issues for that.

It's just a freak injury, depending how that player falls to the ground. 
    Could happen to any player, anytime.

• Options
    clive said:
    With Lavelle out for the season and obviously Innis suspended for the next 3 games, Jacko gives us an update on the CB positions.
    Note also Ben Purr could be likely to miss the next game:

"Inniss starts a three game suspension with fellow centre-back Deje Elerewe (knee) also not available for Saturday’s match at Rotherham United.

“We’ve got Pearcey and Akin [Famewo], who came on [after Inniss was dismissed],” said Jackson. “Gunter is available. We’ve got some options. So we’ll have to have a look this morning. Ben Purrington was struggling towards the end, he took a whack to his knee."

Thanks for posting, @clive