Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    He’s a nice guy but this isn’t working.
    JJ in. Start again. 
  • Options
    Any truth in the rumour Curbs not on Valley TV today as he's in negotiations with TS?
    Where did you hear that?
  • Options
    CBT motm and he was only on for 10 mins 
  • Options
    Any truth in the rumour Curbs not on Valley TV today as he's in negotiations with TS?
    Please don’t get our hopes up!
  • Options
    .Justafan said:
    Getting the dip in form  out the way early this season 
    No hasn’t happened yet 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    And yet TS was on the A40 heading up to Wycombe...
  • Options
    Saw 343, and I thought no, no, no.  If our full backs can't get up the pitch on the overlap, how are they going to dominate the wings on their own?

We don't create chances, and usually we give away possession.  Is it that hard to just block midfield, and double up your left and right wingers with your full backs?  Asking all these new and young players to be stardust and solve the slow painful play by themselves without a compact formation is beyond madness.  We're crap with some OK players, give them a chance by doubling up all over the pitch.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Where did you hear that?
    In My Head GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    He’s a nice guy but this isn’t working.
    JJ in. Start again. 
    How do we know he's not part of the problem 
    We don’t. But I suspect he’s not. 
    Perhaps Adkins should have brought in his own staff. The guy he always has as his number two.
    whatever way you cut it, something isn’t right.
    it just feels like a Charlton man would be the right thing to do in our current position.
    but I’ve given up trying to guess how we get this club back on track. Apart from the wembley win season it feels like we’ve been walking in treacle since the Powell days.
  • Options
    Only one person to blame.
    Jeremy Corbyn 
    Are you the mainstream media?
  • Options
    I think Robinson was more honest and humble than Adkins. Clearly he feels we were ok and have potential. Its a real concern.
  • Options
    What I don’t understand is how Adkins got so much out of the players (who didn’t seem to be playing for Bowyer) last season, and now some of these are his players, but they are seemingly not playing for him. Anyone got an explanation?
    Teams always regress to the mean, called new manager bounce 
  • Options
    Bring back Curbs the saviour!
  • Options
    What I don’t understand is how Adkins got so much out of the players (who didn’t seem to be playing for Bowyer) last season, and now some of these are his players, but they are seemingly not playing for him. Anyone got an explanation?
    My feeling is Adkins positivity and reduced formation/starting 11 changes was exactly what they needed.

It no longer has the same impact and players are likely growing tired of it just as us fans are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Season has gone now….be lucky to stay up on this form
  • Options
    At least we won the yellow card count 5-0
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Where did you hear that?
    In My Head GIFs  Tenor
    Exactly
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    the explanation is, Adkins was a good manager 10 years ago, he is the 10 years before yesterday's man .. players know who can and who can't manage and motivate and they just won't respond for a rubbish talking chancer .. Adkins no longer has the ability to be a successful football/man manager .. the players gave him a chance and responded in the short term, the honeymoon was over weeks ago
  • Options
    We have the fucking players. They just don't look up for it, watching their goals back you can see they're not trying. We looked better when stockley came off. I'm afraid to say I think Nigel has lost it already. 
  • Options
    Bods64 said:
    At least we won the yellow card count 5-0
    5-1  ;)