Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    After last week's shit show, I'd like to know what they can't come out in the first minute and play with the same urgency as they did in the 94th f****** minute.

CBT 7/10 MOTM the rest 3s and 4s
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    That sounded bloody awful....something has to give and I think it has to be Adkins, but as I said on the match thread JJ is not the answer.
    We sounded bereft of ideas, fight and passion; 1 shot on target in 95 mins tells the story! Who will come in, I have no idea, it certainly wont be Wilder or|Howe and Houghton wouldn't be my choice either!! However not an idea who it could be, but it has to change and quickly.
    I have a decision to make about next week now....do I travel down for the Portsmouth game with all the time spent on the road and it turning into another 14 hour day.....or do I stay at home and watch the Ryder Cup!
    The Ryder Cup is looking favourite at the moment!!
  • Options
    3-4-3 can get thrown on the “fucking never again” formation scrap heap.

Maybe a 442 Nigel?
  • Options
    Not sure how Nige can survive this. We’ve all seen this before in the championship when we were relegation fodder. Sandgard need to act now to stop the rot. 
  • Options
    Only one person to blame.
    Jeremy Corbyn 
    Are you the mainstream media?
    No.

I am Boris Johnson 
  • Options
    It’s got to be the Ryder, RM….no comparison for me!
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    At least Kent are going well!
    Wonder if they play football ⚽️……….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gills stuffed at home today. If we go there on Tuesday and fail to get anything but a convincing win I think we will see changes at the top.
    No excuses about bedding players in ffs.
    CBT has to start, rather barker than gunter, deji for pearce, lee starts, stockley doesnt, my brief thoughts on stopping the rot
  • Options
    Highlight was watching the red kites circling above the ground. The team is devoid of passion, ideas, confidence and strategy. We’re a fourth division team at the moment and that’s where we’re heading unless something changes quickly. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not half as shit as some are saying. 

Not good enough though and we need to turn things around fast if we are to have any chance of playoffs.

Personally think it's a mix of the players, manager, SMT and owner that are at fault.

To pin it on Adkins alone isn't fair. Hard to argue Houghton would be an exciting replacement though.
    Why would we want someone that has been doing equally as bad as our current manager? Maybe get somebody used to winning and not losing?
  • Options
    Any truth in the rumour Curbs not on Valley TV today as he's in negotiations with TS?
    That'd be a good idea.......not.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not half as shit as some are saying. 

Not good enough though and we need to turn things around fast if we are to have any chance of playoffs.

Personally think it's a mix of the players, manager, SMT and owner that are at fault.

To pin it on Adkins alone isn't fair. Hard to argue Houghton would be an exciting replacement though.
    Isn’t it literally our worst ever start to a season? 
    This is a post match thread so I was talking about the game in the first sentence.

• Options
    Rylo said:
    Yeah doesnt that "difficult position" mean the League table, or a decision over the Manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why isn't it fair to pin it on Adkins, surely he had some input in signing these players?
    I'm beginning to think he is making Karel Fryeoo(??) (the clown in Duchelets time)
    look good. Adkins never a fit for this club. Rapidly becoming our worst British manager
    since the war! Done well at Scunthorpe, so what. Michael Duff showed much more
    football knowledge last week. Give Jacko and Jason with maybe Curbs a chance please.
    At least Bowyer mostly had a team with guts and spirit. Not like these no-hopers!
  • Options
    No fight or spirit, at least Bowyer instilled some passion in the team. Shame but think Nads has got to go.
  • Options
    This season really has the same feel as 08/09.
    Second season syndrome Charlton style.
  • Options
    What I don’t understand is how Adkins got so much out of the players (who didn’t seem to be playing for Bowyer) last season, and now some of these are his players, but they are seemingly not playing for him. Anyone got an explanation?
    the explanation is, Adkins was a good manager 10 years ago, he is the 10 years before yesterday's man .. players know who can and who can't manage and motivate and they just won't respond for a rubbish talking chancer .. Adkins no longer has the ability to be a successful football/man manager .. the players gave him a chance and responded in the short term, the honeymoon was over weeks ago
    Bit harsh calling him a chance.  Of course he would take the job, I'd lay the blame at whoever looked to appoint him.
  • Options
    I keep saying it
    4-4-2 with Stockley and Leko upfront. 

FFS, he took Leko off - the fans let NADS know that was a mistake. 

NADS will be gone by the end of the month. 
  • Options
    The end of the game should not paper over the cracks. Wycombe took off their most dangerous players and coasted. 
  • Options
    Who recruited Adkins …….