Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    When we did decide to try to put them under pressure they looked very brittle defensively. Shame we left it until the dying embers of the game but that is what cowards do. Too afraid to try to win so we end up losing. 
    Maybe their right back was brittle v CBT but their two centre backs were rock solid....especially the one with the Italian name....he was immense. 
  • Options
    Why isn't it fair to pin it on Adkins, surely he had some input in signing these players?
    I'm beginning to think he is making Karel Fryeoo(??) (the clown in Duchelets time)
    look good. Adkins never a fit for this club. Rapidly becoming our worst British manager
    since the war! Done well at Scunthorpe, so what. Michael Duff showed much more
    football knowledge last week. Give Jacko and Jason with maybe Curbs a chance please.
    At least Bowyer mostly had a team with guts and spirit. Not like these no-hopers!
    Just what we need, another crap poet.
  • Options
    Embarrassing performance today . Half our players were blowing out of their arseholes after twenty minutes.  What happened to all that energy shown in training this week ?
    Stockley  , our star player  , was hopeless , as was Washington.  Only positives were the crowd and Blackett-Taylor.  Not looking forward to Tuesday against the pikie c***s .
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Clean slate needed if we are to change manager.
  • Options
    Taken a couple of hours to try and process this. That team with the experience in there now should not be bottom of league one.
    Totally understand that there was a late rush on the transfer market and it will take some games to get up to speed. However, there is a need for urgency and marked improvement in results. Next 4 or 5 are crucial games and if no change we need to look elsewhere for a manager. No if’s or buts it’s not acceptable to be where we are.
  • Options
    Watching Charlton TV before the kick-of and they showed the Leeds v Charlton playoff game....Shirtliff....Miller etc...players who would go out and give their all even if it did mean kneeing someone in the back of the head lol.....real men who gave a shit....what have we got?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Clean slate needed if we are to change manager.

Again? Ok who?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t know about anyone else but I’m finding it hard to take two consecutive defeats to sides that were playing non-league football not so long ago.
  • Options
    After the shite [non] performances of the last 2 games, up next we have the obese foul-mouthed whinger Evans on the touchline & our nemesis ref Keith Stroud. What could possibly go wrong! 😫
  • Options
    I wonder if Adkins comment about lack of quality is a reference to the injured Gilbey and Forster Caskey, if it was then it might be a question for the recruiting team as to why that gap wasn't filled, even in the short term.
  • Options
    So Adkins is finally realising that Stockley is the root of our problem.

I think I said that after the Sheff Wed game.
  • Options
    Just a thought, is it Atkins fault the squad was not good enough?
    It’s not a bottom of the league squad
  • Options
    ro_addick said:
    Something at the very root of Our Club definitely isn't working, just now.
    Agree totally. There's definitely something wrong behind the scenes. Wonder if it's Ged Roddy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just a thought, is it Atkins fault the squad was not good enough?
    Definitely not as we don't have an Atkins.
  • Options
    We are just so predictable how many times this season do we knock it about from the defence to the midfield, then back to a defender who then passes back to Mac for him to knock it long to Stockley giving possession straight back to the opposition. Gunter was the main culprit today not once did he try to progress the ball forwards.
    If they keep playing like they are frightened to lose then we will lose far more often than we win. Wtf we havent tried Barker at RB is beyond me from what I have seen atleast he tries to get forward with the ball.
    CBT the only player today who looked like he had a point to prove. If NA rotates the squad and starts with morgan and watson again on tuesday he needs to go
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Just go just got back. I don’t believe things will click into place and we kick on.
    We are fecked (and I like Nige) and this is like the days of Fraeye.
    Something dramatic needs to happen.
    Spot on 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Pretty damning that Nigel told the players pre-match, half-time and at full-time not to hoof it Stockley and yet that's all they did all game. To the point that I truly believed that was the game plan. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    I wonder if Adkins comment about lack of quality is a reference to the injured Gilbey and Forster Caskey, if it was then it might be a question for the recruiting team as to why that gap wasn't filled, even in the short term.
    I think they were, with Arter and Lee far too late.  The real issue was that someone thought Dobson and Clare were good enough that we didn't have to replace them.