Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 21st September 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Anyone mad enough to want to buy a ticket? I’ve got 2 spare
    Both gone. 

As an ex salesman you have an interesting sales pitch; but it worked  :)
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Thanks @ForeverAddickted for posting - I’ve added to your likes now! Much prefer the view I’ve got than what we have had so far this season. Big game tomorrow night.
    Gillingham has improved a lot since I was last down the Strand!!

My guess would be Whitstable, since it was gentrified. 
  • Options
    VFR4life said:
    Line up is…

mcgillivray
    matthews
    lavelle 
    pearce
    purrington
    watson 
    morgan
    lee
    cbt
    davison
    washington
    You need to careful posting this stuff, careless talk costs jobs, or perhaps that's the point.
  • Options
    I have no reluctance in slagging off Medway believe me.  If have lived here since 1998.  The Strand however is a delightful park, with lots of options when the weather is co-operating.  The clientelle may be "edgy" of course, but I find it pleasant and edifying in a Henry James sort of fashion.  The rest is a complete shite hole though...
  • Options
    Will be right behind the team as always but have lost confidence in this cohort of players. Weaker than last year's squad and other than the return of Gilbey, there is little in the way of changes that fills with optimism. Sad, cos we should be really competing this season. Hate to say it but a negative 2-1 defeat I fear. Love to be wrong.
  • Options
    If it doesn’t click tomorrow, we genuinely are fcuked until TS bites the bullet on his man. I think it will be more clack than click, but enough to leave the Priestfield with an unfamiliar 3 points. Gills 1 Charlton 3 Leko, CBT and Lee. I would take Stockley out for a game to stop the long punt routine too and go with Washington and Leko up top.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    VFR4life said:
    Line up is…

mcgillivray
    matthews
    lavelle 
    pearce
    purrington
    watson 
    morgan
    lee
    cbt
    davison
    washington
    442 with Morgan and Watson makes me feel unwell.
    Any two of the ones we have got aren't good enough 
    Arter?
    Clare, we’ve only seen about 180 minutes of him.
    Dobson ill give you that. 
    Arter not yet, he could be when he is fully fit.  There isn't two available that are. 
    Probably right on arter to be fair, needs match fitness bit by bit.

I think Clare deserves another punt I mean how much worse can he be?
    This is exactly what happened last season, you drop people because they were shit, then bring others in, then drop them for being shit and you end up back with the shit you dropped. 

Mate, we don't always agree but you always put your views especially about formations in a coherent fashion.

I had to LOL the above because it has poetic qualities and it summed up all fans frustrations.

Bizarrely I said earlier we would win 3-2 with a brace from Davison and Lee scoring one.
    Now if the info from VFR (has good form as an ITK) is correct both may be starting ! 

• Options
    If Pearce and Stockley do not start, who will captain the team?   
  • Options
    We need to see if Souare and Kirk on the left can give us the creativity we’ve been sorely lacking. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    VFR4life said:
    Line up is…

mcgillivray
    matthews
    lavelle 
    pearce
    purrington
    watson 
    morgan
    lee
    cbt
    davison
    washington
    If that's seriously the team then wtf is Adkins thinking?

Pearce and Watson are past it.
    Where is Arter?
    Where is Leko?
    Morgan was dropped at Wycombe because he's been dire all season. Now he's going to play in a midfield 2?

The only things i like about that team are giving CBT a go (i thought he looked lively when he came on at Wycombe) and Lee coming back in as i think he's a quality player.
  • Options
    I see that team has the change I suggested earlier - a change that would have seemed unthinkable to most at the start of the season
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Dansk_Red said:
    A quorum made up of our midfield, they have not been needed last few games...
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    In this scenario, Washington imo
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    1-2 We go behind early but a mazy classic Leko run ends with a toe poke finish from Stockley. Everyone clamours about "That's why you should play the ball to his feet" 

Late in the second half Gillingham hit the crossbar. Gunter/Matthews smashes the ball out for a throw whilst completely unpressured from the rebound. A poor throw routine gives substitute Elliott Lee a chance to break, he rounds half the team and is scythed down by his evil brother in the 18 yard box. 

Our Lee gets the last laugh as he slots home, not once but twice as the ref demands a retake. 

Team:

MacGillivray
    Gunter/Matthews - Lavelle - Famewo - Souare
    Dobson 
    Morgan - Arter
    Leko
    Washington - Stockley

(Subs: Harness, Pearce, Gunter/Matthews, Purrington, Clare, Lee, Davison)
    (Morgan & Leko off around 68, Lee & Clare on. 

For what it's worth (nothing), I'd choose the following to start in a straightforward 4-4-2: 

MacGillivray 
    Matthews - Lavelle - Famewo - Souare 
    Leko - Dobson - Clare - B.Taylor 
    Washington - Davison

Bench:
    Harness, Gunter, Elerewe, Morgan, Jaiyesimi/Lee, Kirk, Stockley

*Edit* or: 

4-2-3-1 

MacG 
    Dobson - Clare
    Leko - Lee - B.Taylor 
    Davison

That gives you Washington and Stockley available for a shape change to 4-4-2 if it's not working. (Lee could also join Davison up top)
    That midfield looks horrible - no passing quality whatsoever 
  • Options
    VFR4life said:
    Line up is…

mcgillivray
    matthews
    lavelle 
    pearce
    purrington
    watson 
    morgan
    lee
    cbt
    davison
    washington
    If that's seriously the team then wtf is Adkins thinking?

Pearce and Watson are past it.
    Where is Arter?
    Where is Leko?
    Morgan was dropped at Wycombe because he's been dire all season. Now he's going to play in a midfield 2?

The only things i like about that team are giving CBT a go (i thought he looked lively when he came on at Wycombe) and Lee coming back in as i think he's a quality player.
    I presume Arter, Leko, Souare and Famewo aren't fit to start and play a full game (we know the first 3 aren't).
    Gunter & Stockley both dropped/rested.
  • Options
    Anyone want a friendly bet that if that is our team tomorrow that we get more yellow cards than goals ? Lol
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Anyone want a friendly bet that if that is our team tomorrow that we get more yellow cards than goals ? Lol
     I think you deserve a flag for lol-ing your own post.
  • Options

Stupid Nigel still has no idea.

One up front doesn't work, you complete bell end!

You need to go!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
     I think you deserve a flag for lol-ing your own post.
    Just trying to beat you too it Golfie.

I can see 4 yellow cards minimum for us, what do you think bearing in mind Watson and Pearce are 100% 1 each minimum 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    VFR4life said:
    Line up is…

mcgillivray
    matthews
    lavelle 
    pearce
    purrington
    watson 
    morgan
    lee
    cbt
    davison
    washington
    442 with Morgan and Watson makes me feel unwell.
    Any two of the ones we have got aren't good enough 
    Arter?
    Clare, we’ve only seen about 180 minutes of him.
    Dobson ill give you that. 
    Arter not yet, he could be when he is fully fit.  There isn't two available that are. 
    Probably right on arter to be fair, needs match fitness bit by bit.

I think Clare deserves another punt I mean how much worse can he be?
    This is exactly what happened last season, you drop people because they were shit, then bring others in, then drop them for being shit and you end up back with the shit you dropped. 
    What I took from that last season, and starting to think the same this, is that it isn't the players who are shit but the manager and/or tactics.
    Last season I am 100% convinced, despite the embargo, despite the injuries, we should have got in the play offs and no one will ever convince me other wise.

This season I am 100% convinced we shouldn't be 23rd, no where near.  What I am not convinced about is who exactly is at fault. 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Big Craig. Should never have a striker as captain.
  • Options
    Washington will captain a la pre-season.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    It would be Washington but I'm not sure it even matters, none of them are leaders.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    1-2 We go behind early but a mazy classic Leko run ends with a toe poke finish from Stockley. Everyone clamours about "That's why you should play the ball to his feet" 

Late in the second half Gillingham hit the crossbar. Gunter/Matthews smashes the ball out for a throw whilst completely unpressured from the rebound. A poor throw routine gives substitute Elliott Lee a chance to break, he rounds half the team and is scythed down by his evil brother in the 18 yard box. 

Our Lee gets the last laugh as he slots home, not once but twice as the ref demands a retake. 

Team:

MacGillivray
    Gunter/Matthews - Lavelle - Famewo - Souare
    Dobson 
    Morgan - Arter
    Leko
    Washington - Stockley

(Subs: Harness, Pearce, Gunter/Matthews, Purrington, Clare, Lee, Davison)
    (Morgan & Leko off around 68, Lee & Clare on. 

For what it's worth (nothing), I'd choose the following to start in a straightforward 4-4-2: 

MacGillivray 
    Leko - Dobson - Clare - B.Taylor 
    Washington - Davison

Bench:
    Harness, Gunter, Elerewe, Morgan, Jaiyesimi/Lee, Kirk, Stockley

*Edit* or: 

4-2-3-1 

MacG 
    Dobson - Clare
    Leko - Lee - B.Taylor 
    Davison

That gives you Washington and Stockley available for a shape change to 4-4-2 if it's not working. (Lee could also join Davison up top)
    That midfield looks horrible - no passing quality whatsoever 
    We have to make do with what we have. 

If it was entirely up to me, Morgan would be in there, but I'll just have people whining about how shit this 21 year old that keeps getting picked by managers is. 
  • Options
    Has the club laundry basket been found cos I think it's gonna be needed!
  • Options
    arny23394 said:

Stupid Nigel still has no idea.

One up front doesn't work, you complete bell end!

You need to go!
    I assume the team above is what you’d put out tomorrow and it only has one up top??
    Nope.  This was published as the most likely team for tomorrow.  Adkins doesn't learn from his mistakes.  No one in their right mind would play one up front, when you lose every week using this formation.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!