Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th October 2021

Comments

• Options
    With Roddy in TS’s ear he isn’t going to sack Adkins 
    How do you know it’s Roddy that’s giving Adkins so much backing? And why?
  • Options
    At the game and others have made great points so to sum it up quick...it was fucking shit.

Adkins to go ASAP or we will be having an away day at Sutton next year 👍
  • Options
    At the game and others have made great points so to sum it up quick...it was fucking shit.

Sutton are going up so no. Wrexham probably. 
  • Options
    I woke up this morning and thought I'd look at all social media to see what comments were being made about yesterdays game, I read a couple (noting that no-one had said Adkins had been sacked) of comments and then I realised, for the first time in living memory, I really couldn't be arsed! So I shut it all back down again and went and watched MoD instead. 
    For me not to be bothered about reading others comments sums up how I feel, and although now a season ticket holder for the first time in over 20 years, I'm not sure I'm going to bother going to anymore home games all the time we get dished up shit like this. For now....count me out!
  • Options
    Didn't watch yesterday, but not seeing anyone saying we were good, or even okay, for 10 / 20 / 30 minutes, so take it we were shit for the entire 90? Which would mean we're getting worst by the week.....
  • Options

Sutton are going up so no. Wrexham probably. 
    At least if Carlisle stay up we could have a last day shootout up there to keep out of the National League.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    This is what will force the issue. Crowd numbers will start to fall if they keep putting out performances like we have seen so far.
    I have 4 tickets for Sunderland away for myself, wife and 2 kids but I wont be bothering. I cant be arsed to spend hours travelling there to watch this shite. As I keep saying it isnt the results it's the ineptitude of the performances that is driving mad
    I am getting in the same bad frame of mind .. forecast is cold (10 degrees ish), possible rain, and despite the fact that I am booked in a hotel for a long weekend and enjoy the North East, I am having serious doubts about leaving home on Thursday morning
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    This is what will force the issue. Crowd numbers will start to fall if they keep putting out performances like we have seen so far.
    I have 4 tickets for Sunderland away for myself, wife and 2 kids but I wont be bothering. I cant be arsed to spend hours travelling there to watch this shite. As I keep saying it isnt the results it's the ineptitude of the performances that is driving mad
    I wouldn't have thought that the club will be that bothered by the away numbers seeing as we dont keep any of the money generated from them. As for home games - lots of ST bought which means cash in the bank already. Might lose a thousand of match-by-match fans or "walk-ups" but not a vast number on the scheme of things.

One big positive for the club is that there will be less people to watch the shitshow & a lot less left to boo after 90 mins - wont sound so bad than if there was a packed stadium.

Win win. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Embarrassing performance by grown men on the pitch, embarrassing behaviour by grown men off it.
    That was the minority of grown men...
  • Options
    I woke up this morning and thought I'd look at all social media to see what comments were being made about yesterdays game, I read a couple (noting that no-one had said Adkins had been sacked) of comments and then I realised, for the first time in living memory, I really couldn't be arsed! So I shut it all back down again and went and watched MoD instead. 
    For me not to be bothered about reading others comments sums up how I feel, and although now a season ticket holder for the first time in over 20 years, I'm not sure I'm going to bother going to anymore home games all the time we get dished up shit like this. For now....count me out!
    Exactly the same as I feel.

Have to admit yesterday was a superb day out, apart from the match and the trains home.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I wouldn't have thought that the club will be that bothered by the away numbers seeing as we dont keep any of the money generated from them. As for home games - lots of ST bought which means cash in the bank already. Might lose a thousand of match-by-match fans or "walk-ups" but not a vast number on the scheme of things.

One big positive for the club is that there will be less people to watch the shitshow & a lot less left to boo after 90 mins - wont sound so bad than if there was a packed stadium.

Win win. 
    I think you are wrong mate.

TS has always publically stated his aim is to build the fan base both locally and internationally. He has opened up an academy abroad with the stated intention of adding more. This is all to try and increase the fanbase. Obviously as a businessman he knows that if he can increase the fanbase ( customers ) then the value of his business increases. I cant see him being that happy if attendances and streams start to fall away. Also although he may not know much about football he will be very aware that in order to be able to sell a product that product needs to be able to create a desire from customers. The shite this team are dishing up will not be creating much of a sizzle in order to sell the vision 
  • Options
    I have spent the season telling people that there's no chance we're going down, because there's just too many poor teams in the league.

I'm now starting to get a bit twitchy.
  • Options
    Someone needs to tag politely tag TS in that Tweet and explain exactly who Fraeye was.

And they he shoulda stayed inthe pie business
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Scoham said:
    I dread to think how that got smuggled in to the match.
    Check CCTV for the fan with the biggest smile.

• Options
    I thought I might be less angry this morning but that post match bollocks from Adkins has not made me any less livid. If he didn't see what was happening on the pitch, then he should be sacked, if he wants to pretend it wasn't happening he should be sacked. What a complete **** he is.
  • Options
    I didn't see the game, I didn't follow the game. Just seen the goals: the first was just stupid, the second was a result of lack of marking; basics, especially at that time of the game. Defensive errors have cost us over the past couple of seasons. How much of this is down to not having a defender in a senior coaching position. If it's JJ or Basey doing that role, they are as culpable as anyone for our position.

I don't understand the sub. With Eliot Lee coming off, surely the obvious relacement was Conor Washington, who at least tries whenever he's on the pitch. But no, change the shape and put a wide player in the middle. Washington not ready after nis Northern Ireland games? Crap! They're professional athletes, or at least that's what they're paid to be and the fitness levels this season are just not good enough.

I was thinking of going on Tuesday but at the moment I'm leaning towards giving it a miss; if the players aren't giving 100% then why should I? And with many more thinking like me we will see attendances drop. Plus I still have memories of the train problems at the last game!

TS needs to do some serious thinking and follow this with action.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He clearly isn't sacking Adkins before Tuesday or he would have done so by now to give time for preparation.
  • Options
    I forgot to add the only positive from yesterday is my 14-1 bet on Lavelle to score obviously won 😁😁
  • Options
    At this point our only hope is Adkins resigns … and that isn’t happening.

I see this continuing until post the Rotherham game at least (next International break)
  • Options
    Trouble is mate what does TS do ? 
    He is trying to please the fanbase at every opportunity. Does he sack Adkins and leave the Charlton immortals in place ? If I were him I would clear the decks totally but then he would get pelters for having the audacity being nasty to JJ, Ewuel etc.
    I honestly dont believe this current mess is all Adkins fault although admittedly some of the substitutions have seemed weird. When Lee wentvof yesterday the obvious thing to do would have been to bring Washington on, for a team that apparently has fitness issues the bloke does atleast run for 90 minutes 
  • Options
    I thought I might be less angry this morning but that post match bollocks from Adkins has not made me any less livid. If he didn't see what was happening on the pitch, then he should be sacked, if he wants to pretend it wasn't happening he should be sacked. What a complete **** he is.
    The difficulty for any manager is that if they throw the players to the wolves with honesty then they get slammed, and also run the risk of "losing the dressing room".  If they try to be upbeat then they are accused of being unrealistic.

Adkins is also not a bad or inexperienced manager. He thinks carefully what he says post match. He is also not an idiot and probably know as well as any of us how dire things are at the moment.  The only question is has the ability and the tools at his disposal to turn things round.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I hoped that after scoring the equaliser it would have helped the team raise their game. But nothing happened, in fact Lincoln went chasing the game. We seemed to go backwards, instead of pushing on and trying to dominate to get that second goal.

We didn't play as a team for most of the game. Simple football was difficult, too many mistakes. The formation does not suit the individuals and the team as a whole.

One of the few crosses that stuck out was by CBT . It was directed towards the near post when we were playing towards the away stand in the second half. It was a well worked cross, and any Charlton player running towards the near post had a chance of heading towards goal. 

Not one player tried that run, only Stockley was in the box and he was towards the centre of the goal. CBT just looked frustrated, and it sums the team up for me. Frustrating and disappointing.

• Options
    There’s a rumour on Twitter today saying DJ told Adkins to go for a walk… if that’s the case he’s already lost the room or at least their respect 
  • Options
    Time for Harness and Deji to come in methinks. 

Assuming Lee is out for a while, go 4-4-2;

Harness - Gunter Lavelle Deji Purrington - Clare Gilbey Arter CBT- Leko Stockley 
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    I have backed Adkins but there comes a point when you have to start looking at alternatives.  My real fear here is that while he will be the fall guy, there's something more fundamentally wrong in the entire structure from the top down and, if that is the case, then it needs something more unsentimental than a managerial change.

An absentee owner (and I accept all he did and is doing) has to rely on good staff to manage all aspects. At the moment it seems that is woefully lacking.

Excellent post.

We were crap at Oxford and MK Dons but in the two months since then we are just as bad or even worse. Playing poorly at the beginning of the season might be excused as getting the cobwebs out of the system but we are now a quarter through the season and we are just as bad, if not worse. I note that some posters have worried that we could end up in a relegation battle; I fear that we are already in one.