Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th October 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Great day out, ruined by the football.

On the bus back to the hotel overheard some Lincoln fans talking about the match, they said Charlton were the worst side they’d come up against this season, and couldn’t believe how bad we were, compared to last season, says it all really, how much more is TS going to be able to take of this?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    JFC and Pearce before they eventually signed, probably because of a lack of options. How hard did we try to keep Aneke and Amos? I didn't hear any statements of intent or get the feeling we tried at all. Maybe we did but it felt like something might be wrong. And why did we not try to keep Shinnie?
  • Options
    TEL said:

Dreadful team performance. 

It's 3am I think it's time to go to bed.
    Have a day off.
  • Options
    TS can't run the club from across the pond. He has put his faith in Ged Roddy who, apparently, recommended NA. Does anyone know what experience GR has in running a league club ?  Our recruitment when it was Gallen and Bowyer wasn't too bad. Under the new committee system it's been a joke. Definition of a camel ? A horse designed by committee. Just look at our team to prove that.
    If NA does go who is TS going to ask to find a replacement - GR !
    Oh for the days of Peter Varney and Curbs !!!

Gonna point out again as I think this is so so important and I've asked the question on both the CAST webinar with Roddy and Gallen and directly to Thomas via email (assuming its him of course) twice. Who introduced/recommended Ged Roddy to you (Thomas). He will not answer this yet he is more than happy to answer other stuff that is more sensitive on a personal level.
  • Options
    Shyte! 
  • Options
    Absolutely fucking awful. Terrible.

And to cap it all the trains are fucked and am only now at Nottingham waiting for this train to leave.

And I’ve not even had a light ale!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I managed to find the only decent micropub in Newark and have two beers and a cheeseboard before lucking out on a train home so I'm in the 'could be worse' camp
  • Options
    TEL said:

Dreadful team performance. 

It's 3am I think it's time to go to bed.
    Have a day off.
    Evening Nigel
  • Options
    So it turns out that about half an hour after the woman at Newark Northgate insisted there were “no more trains from this station tonight” a train mysteriously materialised out of nowhere and is pulling into London about now.

Just as the train I’m on leaves Nottingham. Absolute ****s.
  • Options
    Currently in Nottingham with the trains being fucked. That was a truly heartless performance, up there with the worst I've seen. Can't even get worked up about it anymore. Please get rid. How he can say we were good in the first 20. Fuck right off, complete delusion. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    When I commuted to London to work I realised that most of the time train staff tell you bollocks. The system is from the 19th century in terms of communications. I got home quicker on many an occasion by ignoring what they said.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I managed to find the only decent micropub in Newark and have two beers and a cheeseboard before lucking out on a train home so I'm in the 'could be worse' camp
    Looks great 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    So it turns out that about half an hour after the woman at Newark Northgate insisted there were “no more trains from this station tonight” a train mysteriously materialised out of nowhere and is pulling into London about now.

Just as the train I’m on leaves Nottingham. Absolute ****s.
    #gaslighted
  • Options
    Brilliant celebrations when we scored but the performance was very poor overall. Still think the formation is a massive problem. We don’t create enough but then get overrun in center mid and down the flanks. Why does he insist on 433 it just doesn’t work? I think cos we did ok at the end of last season lining up that way he still thinks it will come good but we are losing to bang average league one teams week in week out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mattwils said:
    Brilliant celebrations when we scored but the performance was very poor overall. Still think the formation is a massive problem. We don’t create enough but then get overrun in center mid and down the flanks. Why does he insist on 433 it just doesn’t work? I think cos we did ok at the end of last season lining up that way he still thinks it will come good but we are losing to bang average league one teams week in week out. 
    17th place at the start of the match suggested Lincoln were bang average but they looked far better than that. Making a bang average team look as good as we made them look says it all really.
    Thing is it's not the first time we have made a bang average team look like world beaters this season, we certainly have a very benevolent streak in us for sure.. B)
  • Options
    edited October 2021

• Options
    Adkins out. 
    3 fucking wingers on the pitch wtf. 
    Agree 100%
  • Options
    The delayed trains through Newark all came through eventually in a bunch between 8:40 and 8:55
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Hasslebank - doing a good job -  do our strikers the world of good -

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Scoham said:
    I dread to think how that got smuggled in to the match.
    Adkins was smiling more before the game, that's for sure.