Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th October 2021

Comments

• Options
    We had 14 days to prepare for this and fell apart after 20 minutes with no plan B.No movement, energy or desire from too many players. Just 11 individuals who are all looking and pointing at each other. Incredible if you think about it with the coaching staff we have and their experience. And that is also why I can't see this turning around. We are looking at a relegation battle and our squad really isn't up for it. It is mid october, we have no real game plan and we players blowing out of their arse after 30 minutes and then again after 60/70 minutes. Get some of the U23s in, they will at least play for the shirt and give their all.

• Options
    Fuck me I could be the manager, fluke 2-wins and lose the rest, think of the money you’d save Thomas (PS can I have one of those good contracts that rewards me with a fat pay off when you sack me for being shit?)
  • Options
    I don't know whether to blame Lee or Adkins for that.

Lee surely didn't just start to feel sick after 19 minutes, did he say he was ok to play? Did he say he felt rough but Adkins decide it was worth a gamble?

Bad call whoever's fault it is.
  • Options
    Seen a fair bit of flak heading the keepers way for the first goal. TBF, my instant reaction during the game was "wtf is he doing" but having seen the replay, he actually does a out all he can. It was properly smacked at him. Kirk needs to take a big share of the blame - he basically stood and watched their winger and full back set it up. Made no move to defend the situation. Appreciate he has had personal issues since the move, but he has been so poor.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Can't help but think that the players are better than the sum of their parts.....
    They are bereft of ideas on how to put their collective into performances, which can only reflect on the training pitch and the SMT, in particular Nige, JJ and Jason..something is going very badly wrong with that relationship, and can only be resolved with a clear out from the Manager down by Thomas.
    We were in this game for the usual first 10/15 minutes, to be fair it really started to fall apart when Lee went off with what Nige described as an illness??, and he really was our only light in the darkness regarding midfield, and after that well, Goodnight Vienna.
    Stockley was very unlucky with the OG, which he could do nothing about, and we were fortunate to get back into it so quickly, but that was about it, another loss and we go again Tuesday, probably still with Nige, and could end the night propping everyone up all on our own by 10pm..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Needs a 4-0 plus in the next game 
  • Options
    There was more flair from our fan base chanting which side of the post they were sat behind the goal.  

Disgusting performance.  Manager and players to blame.  If I could get rid of all of them that would make me happy.  None of them deserved to wear the shirt today and NA certainly shouldn’t be managing this team.

TS needs to act now or the fanbase will turn on him and they would be perfectly entitled to
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Stood in a Covid friendly, 2 carriage train going back to Newark. That was dreadful. I put more effort into my five a side than most of those twats did today. 

I don't blame Adkins. Are we signing people off spreadsheets again rather than their effort and personalities being watched?
  • Options
    Serious question as i honestly don't know if we even have one. Who is our defensive coach?

It might be time to consider getting a new one.
    So… JJ out then?
  • Options
    Gutted with this situation and I have to admit I got it very wrong in the summer. I honestly thought just before Famewo signed we had enough even then with the kids coming through to make a good go of it. But two things.

1. Nigel has to go but would anyone really take the job on? I certainly don't think he will walk. Why would he? This is probably going to be his last real crack at a project of this magnitude and Thomas has the money to pay him off surely? Plus the set up with Roddy and the Black Box which has been clearly coded by a fella who walks around the stage talking about the demise of Nokia. I desperately want to see the club solvent even at this this level but to trade that off with what is probably the worst Charlton side I've ever seen as it stands is a struggle.

2. If the decision is made to get rid of Adkins then it needs to be a complete clear out of the backroom staff as well. Thomas will also need to take a back seat and let the new coach and staff do it their way. But I don't think he will do that. It's a long road he say's.
  • Options
    I’m feeling as sick as Elliot Lee after reading that gash from Adkins. I gave up listening to the post match waffle a long time ago especially with the  pseudo wank waffle shite that Adkins spouts.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I've said it multiple times and I'll say it again, he won't be sacked.
    Though I'm not a fan of protests after all we have been through in recent years with RD but maybe something like that might push TS to do the right thing. 
    Pack it in. 
    We need a new CEO, new manager, new coaching team, and in January a proper transfer window with proper players coming in.

Note I am NOT saying new owner. I am saying new CEO.

Whole structure of the club needs tearing up.

More than happy then for TS to sit in front of a crackling log fire in Colorado hoping the offensive line is scoring more penalty strikes. And I couldn’t care less if he wants to pen 20 new ditty’s and builds up a songbook to rival Lennon and McCartney.

But sort our fucking club out and get someone to do the work of running it day to day.
    Can we really expect that many new signings after the money spent in the Summer? 
  • Options
    Serious question as i honestly don't know if we even have one. Who is our defensive coach?

It might be time to consider getting a new one.
    Jackson. The man most people on here want to replace Adkins. Jumping from the frying pan into the fire if that was the case.

New broom needed. Everywhere. Manager & back room staff.
    Except that from what I’ve read the majority of people are saying whole new coaching set up is needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jdsd42 said:
    Who would you put your money on to score the 4…
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:
    Yes, but I just don't see this team of players having potential to win 4-0. Depressing at the moment. 
  • Options
    I am making the trip to Sunderland, Normally i go with a spring in my step and and a positive attitude to away fixtures... this time i fear the worst, i think we might be on the end of a right hammering.
    If Tuesday turns into another poor performance and Nice Nigel is still at the helm... God help us at the Stadium of Light.

So full of hope this season..... Off to get pissed... proper pissed.. i mean stinking rotten pissed.
  • Options
    Hope we stay up.
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:
    Who would you put your money on to score the 4…
    We would let in 5!!!
  • Options
    Kirk a disgrace