Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Was at the match, just trying to enjoy my ,Saturday night in lincoln, mrs has just confessed she flooded the hotel bathroom and my dads had a fall...what else can go wrong....

Just walked back with a couple of Lincoln lads and said we are the worst team they have seen all season.

Where to start, no pattern of play, first 20 mins was turgid and then they always had two men on the flanks after that....and look threatening.

Took 0-0 at HT...same pattern second half and the goal duly arrived....we then started to play got back in it....

Game was petering out till we let them wander down the wing, win a corner , it was over hit but of course there were two players out wide to look up put it back in....game over..

Special praise for our keeper, Kirk, leko, Davison   sources, Gunter....you were shite.
    Hope your Dad’s ok.
    He is fine mate and thanks for your thoughts. He was a die hard season ticket holder for years, but had to give it up due trying to walk up floyd rd and some of our dick head fans barging past him.
  • Options
    Was at the match, just trying to enjoy my ,Saturday night in lincoln, mrs has just confessed she flooded the hotel bathroom and my dads had a fall...what else can go wrong....

Just walked back with a couple of Lincoln lads and said we are the worst team they have seen all season.

Where to start, no pattern of play, first 20 mins was turgid and then they always had two men on the flanks after that....and look threatening.

Took 0-0 at HT...same pattern second half and the goal duly arrived....we then started to play got back in it....

Game was petering out till we let them wander down the wing, win a corner , it was over hit but of course there were two players out wide to look up put it back in....game over..

Special praise for our keeper, Kirk, leko, Davison   sources, Gunter....you were shite.
    Was she trying to drown herself having watch Charlton Athletic today !!!
    No mate  she didn't go....so third thing credit card ouch....
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    SE7toSG3 said:
    ****anyone travelling home, no trains from Newark currently due to a fatality at Doncaster. 

Newark Northagte staff suggesting we get to London via Nottingham....the joys of an away day 
    Yeah this is a painful journey. Should be in London in 80 minutes and we're about to jump on a train to Nottingham.

Edit. Two carriages again!
  • Options
    Carter said:
    What I'll say a few people have piled on Charlie Kirk and I agree he had a stinker today but bear in mind he lost his dad and he is only a kid, who then has upped and moved away from his family to London. Coupled with being expected to make this collective shower of cum we have drawing a wage of us, tick. 

He is there in body but not spirit and I don’t like the pile on, lacks class and human empathy 
    I agree mate too some extent, but there was a chance in the second half, someone previously mentioned where he had a clear run up field and create a chance, instead he passed it 15 yards across midfield to their player who had a run on goal.
  • Options
    We've tried our hardest as fans with season ticket sales and the sheer noise made at games. Really feeling letdown by all this at the moment.
  • Options
    Shocking performance all round  . We got lucky with the equaliser and without being anything special Lincoln deserved the three points . Souare is hopeless and Kirk is far too lightweight.  The only positive was our fans , a credit to the club . Can't wait to Tuesday. 
    1,354 of us yes. You can discount the overweight male in the dark blue hoodie who went on to the pitch when we scored and spat on the back of their keeper's neck. The club need to ban him for life.
    Amazing he was allowed to rejoin the crowd by the stewards.
  • Options
    Adkins out. 
    3 fucking wingers on the pitch wtf. 
  • Options
    As for the football. We did start fairly brightly, but once Lee went off, totally ran out of ideas.

As others have mentioned, we are too narrow in midfield, with no one tracking their overlapping full backs, leaving ours having to deal with a two on one situation several times a game.

Arter really tried, but still looks a bit off the pace, hence the late tackles.
    Davison worked his socks off, but with little support from those around him.
    Felt sorry for Gunter and Souare for the reasons mentioned above.
    Other than that, it's a team crippled by nerves and an almost complete lack of confidence.

Something rather drastic needs to happen soon, otherwise we will end up in unchartered territory next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shocking performance all round  . We got lucky with the equaliser and without being anything special Lincoln deserved the three points . Souare is hopeless and Kirk is far too lightweight.  The only positive was our fans , a credit to the club . Can't wait to Tuesday. 
    1,354 of us yes. You can discount the overweight male in the dark blue hoodie who went on to the pitch when we scored and spat on the back of their keeper's neck. The club need to ban him for life.
    Amazing he was allowed to rejoin the crowd by the stewards.
    And the police! Will the club be able to deal with this, assuming he can be identified. There were nearly ten thousand witnesses.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We've tried our hardest as fans with season ticket sales and the sheer noise made at games. Really feeling letdown by all this at the moment.
    Agreed.👍
  • Options
    As for the football. We did start fairly brightly, but once Lee went off, totally ran out of ideas.

As others have mentioned, we are too narrow in midfield, with no one tracking their overlapping full backs, leaving ours having to deal with a two on one situation several times a game.

Arter really tried, but still looks a bit off the pace, hence the late tackles.
    Davison worked his socks off, but with little support from those around him.
    Felt sorry for Gunter and Souare for the reasons mentioned above.
    Other than that, it's a team crippled by nerves and an almost complete lack of confidence.

Something rather drastic needs to happen soon, otherwise we will end up in unchartered territory next season.
    I think you are right. The thing is, you can see that there is no courage and that is often because there is a cloud over the team. A cloud over the manager often falls on the players and you don't have to be a student of football to have observed that when the manager goes, that cloud can be lifted.

All managers have a shelf life, and even if the manager who is brought in is no better, just the fresh start can make a difference. When you are in a stall like we are, it is a question of waiting for us to crash. Does Sandgaard after watching today, which was quite frankly a new low for us, not the result but the performance, think there is any chance the pilot in the stall is going to pull us out of it? If he does, he has not followed football. This isn't a poor run it is a STALL!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Needed a win but didn't get one. Huffed and puffed for the whole of the second half. Disappointed 😞
  • Options
    I’m coming up for the game against Plymouth with my Argyle supporting friends, funny thing is they still talk about that 6-0 like it is still ringing in their ears, it could be very different by then; starting to not look forward to it!
  • Options
    The score flattered us. My arse too.  Did he not watch the game FFS?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    Kirk is just a poser. Hides from the ball.
    First time I’ve seen him play. We’ve either bought a dud or his confidence is shot. Hid all game. Didn’t chase anything, won one tackle towards the end by accident. Worst performance I’ve seen by a Charlton player for some time.
  • Options
    I have seen him look good for Crewe. Maybe he is not the right player for the moment. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    It's a shame we are so lowly in the league without even investing and playing players from our youth system. 

We had zero home grown players in the squad today. 
    Arter?
  • Options
    so sorry for all the fans who had a long journey and had to suffer that absolutely shocking non performance .. I had a 60 mile round trip and that was 59 miles too far .. Adkins is proving again and again what a total waste of space he is .. Lee gets injured, so on comes B-Taylor to make it three wide men (including Leko) 1 striker and 2 non creative midfielders WHAT WHAT !! .. later we need a goal off comes Davison on comes Stockley, no change in formation .. W  T  F  .. so many poor performances to really pick out the worst .. Arter extremely lucky not to get sent off, at least he had a right good go , more than most did  .. but enough moaning and hair shirt wearing, Adkins is taking us down, rapidly ..  BUT I reckon we're still stuck with the waffling. walking, waster for a while yet
  • Options
    The thing is, we ended last season strongly. So your first objective is to maintain that and if you lose players, replace to get back to that. Then when you have that level you try to improve it. 

I believe that we played silly buggers in the Summer and a positive outlook turned sour. There were tweets from players suggesting all wasn't well which felt strange at the time. We left signings too late and those that have come in have fitness issues. We didn't need to build from scratch, but bust a gut to maintain a level in the first instance which we just allowed to slip. And I would add, massively slip at that. 

This is certainly more than Adkins' fault but I think we have some players in there who are good enough but confidence couldn't be lower and part of that will stem from the fact that their manager is a dead man walking. Every player will know that. He will still be a dead man walking if we nick a result against a poor Accrington on Tuesday and prolonging this agony is damaging the club more and more every week.

We made Lincoln look like a team of World beaters today and quite frankly, we couldn't live with them to the extent that it was embarrassing to watch their movement and pace compared to us being as static as wheelie bins!
    An insult to wheelie bins , they would trash us . We are rubbish  .
  • Options
    If Adkins goes the fans will get behind the players, if he stays they will boo. That is where we are at this moment in time. You have change sometimes as it becomes toxic and recovery gets harder and harder.
  • Options
    The thing is, we ended last season strongly. So your first objective is to maintain that and if you lose players, replace to get back to that. Then when you have that level you try to improve it. 

I believe that we played silly buggers in the Summer and a positive outlook turned sour. There were tweets from players suggesting all wasn't well which felt strange at the time. We left signings too late and those that have come in have fitness issues. We didn't need to build from scratch, but bust a gut to maintain a level in the first instance which we just allowed to slip. And I would add, massively slip at that. 

This is certainly more than Adkins' fault but I think we have some players in there who are good enough but confidence couldn't be lower and part of that will stem from the fact that their manager is a dead man walking. Every player will know that. He will still be a dead man walking if we nick a result against a poor Accrington on Tuesday and prolonging this agony is damaging the club more and more every week.

We made Lincoln look like a team of World beaters today and quite frankly, we couldn't live with them to the extent that it was embarrassing to watch their movement and pace compared to us being as static as wheelie bins!
    What were the tweets from players?