Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th October 2021

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’ve tried hard to find the positives in every match this season, which hasn’t always proved easy. But today I couldn’t see any, other than Lee’s cameo. 
    Abject performance in every way. Awful substitution too, which only highlighted the lopsided bench, with Watson the only midfield option.
    Nigel knows the buck stops with him, and I think he should go ASAP to give a replacement enough time to sort the mess out. 
    Just been reminded of a game where Robert Lee had to go off because he had lost a contact lens when playing at Selurst. We lost that game too.

Like father like son.
  • Options
    Excellent post Kips
  • Options
    Kips said:

Was at the game. 

After improved performances since Gills away inclusive,  lots wrong yesterday to unpack so here goes...

All football played in our own half after Lee went off and we were only average up to that point. It wasnt the massive game changer NAds is trying to make out.

We only kept the ball when we passed backwards which was lots. As soon as we ventured forwards we quickly lost possession.

Left side of defence weak. Soare frequently out of position, and Famewo (who doesn't look fit enough) offered very poor distribution.

Kirk and Gilbey in midfield anonymous for such talented players at this level.

Davison isolated up front and out muscled by 2 defenders who had their deck chairs and cigars out in the autumn sunshine.

Starting formation needed changing in game again because it was obviously not working. Why not start with 2 up top and therefore work with that shape all week rather than it always being a plan b.

Wingers are crucial for 4231 to work effectively yet we had no width. Lincoln showed us how to use them, constantly pinging balls to their wingers hugging the touchline who ran at us putting us on the back foot with streams of dangerous crosses as the end product. If lincoln had a finisher they would have been out of sight.

This is the most talented and biggest squad we've had in our 8 seasons I've seen us play in this league yet we look miles away from what i expect in both results and performance.  Over a quarter of the season in and sadly yesterday showed me that I was wrong in thinking we had turned the corner.

Good post. Agree completely. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    When they scored their winner, it looks like our players reaction was 'Ow well, that's what we do'. Awful. 

Cue the typical changes of bringing in Pearce and Watson as if they're Chiellini and Gattuso. This is beyond a joke.
  • Options
    Hope we stay up.
    What a time to be an Addick, when survival in League One is seen as success.
    It is a sad state of affairs but tbh at present given how terrible we are relegation seems a possibility.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Half arsed followed on the match thread, sounds like rinse and repeat of most of the games this season although without that magic 20 minutes?

Shit players (one or two are top 6 let's be honest) 
    Shit manager 
    Shit transfer window 

Add all those together aaaaaand you get a relegation battle, shock, that's where we are. 
  • Options
    Chatting to Lincoln fans in a pub after the game.  

“Worse team we’ve had here this season no doubt”
  • Options

They've just been lucky to have seen us before it all clicks!
  • Options
    With Roddy in TS’s ear he isn’t going to sack Adkins 
  • Options
    Maybe the plan is we should all learn to love relegation.
    An exercise in humility.
  • Options
    Can we give Hendo a go between the sticks? Or Harness??
    McG is poor, as you say, time for the return of big Steve .. nothing spreads a lack of confidence throughout a team as much as a dodgy keeper' s frailties
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

chatted to a few Linconians on the way back to the station. Most seemed genuinely shocked that 'a club as big as Charlton' (sic) put up such a dire performance. They regarded me with pitying looks akin to what they'd give a man dying from an incurable illness
    I am beginning to think our football club is dying from an incurable disease.
    We finally get a proper owner and a manager with pedigree and we still manage to fcuk up.
  • Options
    So Tuesdays chant if he is still here, worse than Karel Fraeye, your even worse than Karel Fraeye.
  • Options
    Our fitness levels are shocking but haven't we been told several times that we have excellent medical and fitness staff at the club. 

Almost said in a way to hypnotise the audience.