Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th October 2021

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Scoham said:
    I dread to think how that got smuggled in to the match.
    I do hope someone had some custard for that cock!!!
  • Options
    I thought death and taxes were the only two sure things in life. Hang on, I think I've found a third......
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I'll take 5th from bottom now. A disgrace to have to say that in league 1 but are there 4 worse teams than us? I'm not convinced that there are on our form so far this season.
    Sadly, there are only 2 at the moment, and looking increasingly unlikely there will be any more over a full season
  • Options
    after listening to Nigel Adkins 
    Scouce summing up of today’s Shite performance……………..
    it’s same Shit Different Day.
    This Guy is not good enough to manage this Club……..time to say Goodbye 👍👍👍
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Scoham said:
    How a flare gets in AND onto the pitch, but the woman in front of me (not exact Palace Ultra material) has her Louis Vuitton handbag searched, is beyond me. 

Strange event of the day was in the streets near to the ground, prior to the game and some Charlton and Lincoln (old enough to know better) had to be separated by about half a dozen police with a trusty German Shepherd, as they were having a willy waving contest, which sounded like they were arguing about who had got to the pub in the high street first! 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I missed out on this one (thankfully) and feel so sorry for the fans that made the long trip, only to have their misery compounded by the train fiasco.

No sympathy required here. Absolutely know not to travel to Charlton, home or away, with any expectations of them performing. Still had a lovely day despite the team being a bunch of twats and the trains being rubbish. 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    I did wonder if Curbs had been sounded out about a job in the football side after today’s CAtv prematch.

he had said he wanted to get to the cup game hoping to see the youngsters and ones who could make a step up etc 
    Just fuck off with the Curbs thing….. Adkins is the problem…. Curbs is NOT THE SOLUTION. 

• Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    LenGlover said:
    I'll take 5th from bottom now. A disgrace to have to say that in league 1 but are there 4 worse teams than us? I'm not convinced that there are on our form so far this season.
    Sadly, there are only 2 at the moment, and looking increasingly unlikely there will be any more over a full season
    100% this.  I appreciate NA isn’t getting the best out of the players, but I think a lot of them aren’t getting as scrutinized for how abysmal they’ve been because most of the fans anger is aimed at NA.  A common view is we should be higher up with the players we’ve got, which I agree with to an extent, but a lot of them look very much like they fit a relegation threatened side.  I think we are giving them too much credit compared to their actual ability.  
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Absolutely fucking awful. Terrible.

And to cap it all the trains are fucked and am only now at Nottingham waiting for this train to leave.

And I’ve not even had a light ale!
    WHAT????
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Scoham said:
    How a flare gets in AND onto the pitch, but the woman in front of me (not exact Palace Ultra material) has her Louis Vuitton handbag searched, is beyond me. 

Strange event of the day was in the streets near to the ground, prior to the game and some Charlton and Lincoln (old enough to know better) had to be separated by about half a dozen police with a trusty German Shepherd, as they were having a willy waving contest, which sounded like they were arguing about who had got to the pub in the high street first! 

The steward finished it by kicking it into the goal.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    PWR after a long day, crap journey home & an abject of all abject performances by the Men in Black.

I'm certain most will have posted this earlier than me but nevertheless, it's worth stating yet again just how abysmal we were once more. 

I just need to get a few choice remarks off my chest as these pathetic performances are seriously getting on my t*ts!

Lee's early knock didn't help but that's no excuse for what those of us there, with mouths open wide in horror at what we were witnessing, were forced to watch. Indeed, Halloween came early.....

My finger is itching to point at those more culpable than others on the pitch but TBH, apart from Kirk ( why did we fight so hard for his signature ???) no-one out there was blameless. There were fleeting glimpses early in the 2nd half of what MIGHT be, but, as always, they were few & far between and disappeared before you could say Johnnie Robinson. 

These players are those WANTED by NA, SG & GR, so we are told - not brought in by the whims of a certain previous owner - and yet, they are clearly not performing ...or should that be performing for the current manager ? 

We've been here before, time after time with similar questions, even when we've managed to gain a point or, as at Fleetwood, all 3. NONE of this season's displays have been what we expect to see from this squad, but most especially now, with a round dozen games under our belts, there should surely be no-one still struggling to reach 100% fitness. And for some reason, I reckon that I worked more gel into my silver locks this morning than I saw from this team today. 

In a nutshell, that fickle finger of fate must only point in one direction. 

Like it or not, whatever formation he chooses, whichever players are in the matchday squad, whatever subs he makes, NA is the common denominator in this unholy mess. 

I could add more but surely we must all agree at this moment in time, that a change has to be made NOW before this lacklustre group of lads decide that enough's enough and send a deputation to face our owner and put their cards on the table. THEY don't want their playing careers to be tarnished by the way this season is panning out & to me, it looks as though they may be "voting with their feet" already by the manner in which they performing/not performing on the pitch....

And as each fixture is crossed off the list, the gulf between our famous football club and our competitors in L1 grows ever bigger. 

And, as I'm sure Thomas will recognise, the home attendances will diminish match on match accordingly. 

In conclusion, for SO many reasons, it's time for Nigel to walk off into the sunset with the thought that he'll be able to spend even more time communing with nature. 

Thanks for coming, gaffer, but it's time to go.
    You write so eloquently Jean. Really lovely stuff and (sadly) I agree with every word 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve tried hard to find the positives in every match this season, which hasn’t always proved easy. But today I couldn’t see any, other than Lee’s cameo. 
    Abject performance in every way. Awful substitution too, which only highlighted the lopsided bench, with Watson the only midfield option.
    Nigel knows the buck stops with him, and I think he should go ASAP to give a replacement enough time to sort the mess out. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

And to cap it all the trains are fucked and am only now at Nottingham waiting for this train to leave.

WHAT????
    It's true. Went with my son who is now a season ticket holder at Lincoln after I somehow managed to put him off Charlton for life . We finally got home at 5 to midnight.

I've definitely had worse days at football. But am struggling to think of many right now. 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

WHAT????
    It's true. Went with my son who is now a season ticket holder at Lincoln after I somehow managed to put him off Charlton for life . We finally got home at 5 to midnight.

I've definitely had worse days at football. But am struggling to think of many right now. 

That's a bit of an overreaction.

What will he do if we lose at Sunderland?
    He got it at the start of the season. Today was his fourth "home" game of the season and he's done a few aways. He sat in the home end today in his usual seat and I was in the away end.
  • Options
    Serious question as i honestly don't know if we even have one. Who is our defensive coach?

It might be time to consider getting a new one.
    Jackson. The man most people on here want to replace Adkins. Jumping from the frying pan into the fire if that was the case.

New broom needed. Everywhere. Manager & back room staff.
    Quite correct. In my opinion part of the problem is Adkins having to work with JJ and Euell as opposed to bringing in his own trusted men. It’s ok wanting a progression route for the coaches but not at the detriment of the actual team on the pitch. If JJ has ambition to be a manager then he needs to cut his teeth elsewhere. If you hire a manager then you hire their coaching team too. If you don’t you will quite possibly end up 22nd in the league.
  • Options
    Hope we stay up.
    What a time to be an Addick, when survival in League One is seen as success.