Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th October 2021

Comments

• Options
    I am making the trip to Sunderland, Normally i go with a spring in my step and and a positive attitude to away fixtures... this time i fear the worst, i think we might be on the end of a right hammering.
    If Tuesday turns into another poor performance and Nice Nigel is still at the helm... God help us at the Stadium of Light.

So full of hope this season..... Off to get pissed... proper pissed.. i mean stinking rotten pissed.
    If your going to be feeling sick by Tuesday we will play you in midfield for 20 mins.
  • Options
    ****anyone travelling home, no trains from Newark currently due to a fatality at Doncaster. 

Newark Northagte staff suggesting we get to London via Nottingham....the joys of an away day 
  • Options
    Good luck getting back.
  • Options
    Shocking performance all round  . We got lucky with the equaliser and without being anything special Lincoln deserved the three points . Souare is hopeless and Kirk is far too lightweight.  The only positive was our fans , a credit to the club . Can't wait to Tuesday. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I'm not blaming any players. 

They played like they'd been bollocked when they'd done nothing wrong.

Off a win they should look confident and lively. Seriously concerned and despite acting as though all is groovy after turning too early last season on Bowyer... I can't keep trying to find excuses to not turn anymore.

We should have played them off the park, they were so shite. 

If he doesn't go before next week, I will be dumbfounded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I'd normally be re-arranging meetings at work Tuesday so I could get out at 4:30 for the game. Instead I'm really pleased I have a 4:30-5:30pm meeting and therefore won't have to go! 

Come Tuesday morning and you’ll be rearranging it :-) 

Sadly it’s what we do. Addicks is an apt nickname 
    Gonna look into starting up a Charlton Athletic Anonymous
  • Options
    Even the little things like MacGivillary’s distribution.  The UK public can get hold of petrol quicker than he can get the ball out from the back.  It’s a huge part of modern day football.  He keeps hold of the ball, and inevitably rolls it out to Famewo or Lavelle

Their first goal.  So easy for their defensive midfielder in the centre to pick up the ball, turn and start a move.

Gunter is absolutely taking the piss out the fan base, picking up a wage.  He doesn’t care.  To make him captain was a criminal decision 

Leko couldn’t be bothered today.  That’s alright mate, just don’t try why fans spend hard earned money whilst you take the piss.

unacceptable all over the shop 
  • Options
    Thanks @Cloudworm.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

If that is the case then a change needs to happen very quickly. Adkins can't blame anything or anyone now, Lee going off was a blow but with a squad of this size there should be a plan B. He rigidly sticks to three up top and then bemoans the fact that there are gaps and simply can't fathom that his three man midfield are overrun. Go Nigel, you have had a decent enough career but you are now seriously lacking in tactical awareness. 
  • Options
    I'm going to find the cricket bat in the shed and wack myself over the head with it constantly on Tuesday night. It ought to be more fun than watching that shite and cheaper too! I think it is amazing that Adkins had the nerve to complain about the penalty. Whether it was or wasn't, he should have been complaining about or at least acknowledging the crap performance. Today showed he isn't going to turn this around and if Sandgaard want's to delay the inevitable it is the equivalent of the captain heading straight for the iceberg. How Adkins still has a job is bewildering.  
  • Options
    NA says we "We were good for 20 minutes" What a clown this guy is. We should have been pushing for promotion and we are instead heading for relegation under his leadership. 
  • Options
    It is becoming a question of who you would actually want to keep at the club out of our players.

I missed the first 30 minutes but the rest was awful, as awful as I can remember. Was any of that an attempt to play 442, a system which makes us look at least solid.

Only thing I have to add to all the comments is that usually the invited ex-player on TV is a little more circumspect but Forch was not at all as there was really nothing else he could say we were that bad. We didn't even have 10 mins where we looked good only 10 minutes whwre we looked slightly less bad.

We have gone through too many managers in recent years and I am not one to pull the trigger but Adkins has to go, I can't see anything that even suggests an improvement. The team aren't playing for him/the coaches and whilst that really pisses me off from the players (play for the fans ffs), so we can't sack all the team (although...) so I am afraid the manager, coaches (sorry JJ) and Roddy need to go.
  • Options
    It's a shame we are so lowly in the league without even investing and playing players from our youth system. 

We had zero home grown players in the squad today. 
  • Options
    Was at the match, just trying to enjoy my ,Saturday night in lincoln, mrs has just confessed she flooded the hotel bathroom and my dads had a fall...what else can go wrong....

Just walked back with a couple of Lincoln lads and said we are the worst team they have seen all season.

Where to start, no pattern of play, first 20 mins was turgid and then they always had two men on the flanks after that....and look threatening.

Took 0-0 at HT...same pattern second half and the goal duly arrived....we then started to play got back in it....

Game was petering out till we let them wander down the wing, win a corner , it was over hit but of course there were two players out wide to look up put it back in....game over..

Special praise for our keeper, Kirk, leko, Davison   sources, Gunter....you were shite.
    Was she trying to drown herself having watch Charlton Athletic today !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You've lost me with this one.

The players did nothing right all afternoon. 
    I meant they started like it. Updated my comment to clarify.
  • Options
    Gilbey would have been a better swap for Lee with Watson coming on. But we needed better options off the bench as midfield is where we lose the games. They don't support the attack or defence or win any second ball.
  • Options
    At the end we were like a boxer on the ropes.
  • Options
    As for individuals, nobody comes out with any credit today. Other than those who didn't play...

Arter put in a shift BUT was really lucky to not get a second yellow.
  • Options
    I would say Gunter and Arter were ok as in average. The others were below average, some further below it than others.