Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I'll be there but really not looking forward to it.

No idea on the score, but it could turn nasty pretty quickly if we don't start well - dread to think if we concede early on.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

I’d give Hendo a go between the sticks he can’t be worse than stay at home McG who is a downgrade on Amos. As a defender you need to have confidence that your keeper will come and clean stuff out when the bombs are coming into your penalty box, McG doesn’t! he stays at home😤. 

Souare has plenty of enthusiasm but his basic defending was rank on Saturday so Purrington must replace him. Famewo took a knock and may be doubtful but as this will be a ‘Pearce type’ game he gets my nod anyways. I’d also play Eleware for his height and composure on the ball. Midfield Dobson and Gilbey with Leko and Washington either of side / just behind Stockley in a 343 / 3421 formation to match up;

Hendo 

Elleware Lavelle Pearce

Gunter Dobson Gilbey Purrington

Leko Stockley Washington

Subs McG, Matthews, Morgan, DJ, Clare, CBT, Davison (Kirk needs a further time out and assuming Lee still unwell)

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Henderson

Clare, Elerewe, Lavelle, Soare

Morgan, Gilbey, Dobson, Leko 

Washington, Davison. 

More legs and energy, 2 solid banks of 4 with 2 strikers that will work hard .  

Your defence is awful. 

A CM at RB
    A RCB at LCB
    A youth player at RCB

The mixture of inexperience and positional awareness alone would see us getting a proper dicking. In addition to that you've also gone for Henderson who has not played in over a year. 

No issues with midfield or forwards though. 
  • Options
    Wont be going, I am away in the north west this week. Only my 3rd home game missed since the late 90's, second Sheff Wed this season.

After Saturdays debacle cant see anything else other than a defeat.
  • Options
    Currently staying at Blacpool FC hotel, lovely place with a great view of the pitch. 
  • Options
    Adkins has got to go. Quite simple really. He cant motivate the players and after this long its a worry...the real threat of relegation is a sad point to be at. 

We arent playing well enough and let teams have there wicked way with us and I am fed up with it tbh. 

That said, I will support the team through thick and thin as we all do but TS needs to be brave and try salvage some of the season. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Henderson

Clare, Elerewe, Lavelle, Soare

Morgan, Gilbey, Dobson, Leko 

Washington, Davison. 

More legs and energy, 2 solid banks of 4 with 2 strikers that will work hard .  

Your defence is awful. 

A CM at RB
    A RCB at LCB
    A youth player at RCB

The mixture of inexperience and positional awareness alone would see us getting a proper dicking. In addition to that you've also gone for Henderson who has not played in over a year. 

No issues with midfield or forwards though. 
    You don’t have to have a left footed centre back .  In fact, I can hardly think of any good ones bar Laporte.  Clare has played right back most of his career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hate my mrs and kids , I smell misery, blood and wibbleness in the air and that's a bit of me ... so I'm taking the whole family for an evening out at The Valley our first game all together since Doncaster semi final 
    I've not been to a midweek (play off games excluded) for years ..
    I'm sickly looking forward to losing the plot,  foaming at the mouth , screaming my nut off at all and sundry but enough of the car journey down there ....
    let the fun commence
    Should be a guaranteed evening of misery if it's a repeat of the Bolton game with some torrential rain as well just to finish things off nicely.
  • Options
    There sure are a lot of you picking Gilbey in your team
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Very observant, he didn’t excel on Saturday.  Lee unwell, Watson bench at most, is Clare fit because he wasn’t in the squad, that leaves Morgan who has failed to nail down a slot and Dobson has the be the CDM. What’s your master  plan then 😉.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    When TS was taking over the club he chatted to everybody like they were best friends. Now he is silent and avoiding communication. Says it all really. The fans wanted ESI out and he delivered. The fans want action in the context of this team performing worse than any Charlton team in living and non living memory. TS has to grow a pair, talk to Curbs and Brownie. Not to appoint him, but to get an alternative view on what we are doing wrong. I would suggest he talks to Airman too. And read the forums.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    Very observant, he didn’t excel on Saturday.  Lee unwell, Watson bench at most, is Clare fit because he wasn’t in the squad, that leaves Morgan who has failed to nail down a slot and Dobson has the be the CDM. What’s your master  plan then 😉.

Dobson and Clare. I know it's been tried, but not as a two. If Clare is injured, Dobson and Morgan, again as a two. The less we have Gilbey or Arter on the field, the better 
  • Options
    Our overall crap form and there apparent poor away form...in for a storming game tomorrow then 😐
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:

Dobson and Clare. I know it's been tried, but not as a two. If Clare is injured, Dobson and Morgan, again as a two. The less we have Gilbey or Arter on the field, the better 
    Fair enough, I’m not Gilbey’s number one fan I’d have him in over Morgan though alongside Dobson if nothing else for his experience. Morgan alongside Dobson is too youthful for me and Gilbey can also get you a goal. 

Arter was one of the few that showed he cared so if fit I would start him every game. All about opinions, great isn’t it 😉.
  • Options
    Arter will probably be an asset when he is fit but like so many of our players, not far from November now and he isn't!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Big shout out for @ForeverAddickted and @Sage for your high standard previews in the face of adversity.

Have we reached our Nadir ? As in life and football, NO unless you make a change.

We have more chance of having 7k than the 27k that Thomas Sandgaard wants to fill the Valley and not make his tenure an abject failure. 

Watching some top young coaches recently at work where every player knows his role in a side and how to get back in a defensive shape when the ball is lost. I find the chaos theory employed by Cafc on the pitch and no noticeable understanding or relationships being developed over the last dozen games, mind boggling. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:

I get it, you don’t like him.
    We need to accept we are currently in a relegation battle and I would be happy with a central midfield of Clair, Gilbey and Dobson in a five with JS on the right and Leko on the left. 
  • Options
    Our overall crap form and there apparent poor away form...in for a storming game tomorrow then 😐
    If anyone wants to turn their form around playing us is usually the best solution 
  • Options
    If anyone wants to turn their form around playing us is usually the best solution 
    Sadly this has been all too true over the majority of last 65 years in my experience 😞.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:

Fair enough, I’m not Gilbey’s number one fan I’d have him in over Morgan though alongside Dobson if nothing else for his experience. Morgan alongside Dobson is too youthful for me and Gilbey can also get you a goal. 

Arter was one of the few that showed he cared so if fit I would start him every game. All about opinions, great isn’t it 😉.
    I think most if not all of them care. Arter's main problem is that his legs have gone. Either he plays like he did against Portsmouth - hiding disgracefully - or he attempts to relive his glory days of combative, action-packed midfield industry like he did on Saturday, at which point he becomes a walking red card (and as he's a Watsonian half-second too late into everything, he can't affect the game positively either).

Gilbey's legs haven't gone, but while he is mobile and carries the ball fairly well, playmaking is not his forte, and he's not much of a presence off the ball, so you're left with a game trier who doesn't actually start or finish anything
  • Options
    Sadly I can't see a win. Will watch as you can't really help it as a lifelong supporter. Love the club but this current team are hard to take to. I think a draw at best but could easily be another defeat. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:

I think most if not all of them care. Arter's main problem is that his legs have gone. Either he plays like he did against Portsmouth - hiding disgracefully - or he attempts to relive his glory days of combative, action-packed midfield industry like he did on Saturday, at which point he becomes a walking red card (and as he's a Watsonian half-second too late into everything, he can't affect the game positively either).

Gilbey's legs haven't gone, but while he is mobile and carries the ball fairly well, playmaking is not his forte, and he's not much of a presence off the ball, so you're left with a game trier who doesn't actually start or finish anything
    So you’ve pigeon holed Arter and effectively written him off after four appearances, truly amazing! And Gilbey’s form at the end of last season has been expunged from your memory banks then 😉.
  • Options
    Not to mention the quote at the very end: “We’ve got to be more consistent and more of a threat going forward. We can’t just be banging balls up to Colby.”  - Going to have a aching neck by the end of the game on Tuesday night
  • Options
    Tuesday will be a real hard slog to watch.  Accrington are effective, but god awful to watch & we're just shit!!!!

Looking forward to it 😂
  • Options
    Going back to those players who arent playing like Dobson, Clare etc now is the time to give them a go. The players playing arent doing it so why not give them a chance. 

Good wingers in the squad who can beat players and deliver crosses...I could go on but we just arent doing the simple things right and the teams that do end up beating us.