Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Accrington have nothing to worry about with poor away form.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    For some reason you still get better odds on a Stanley win.  Charlton 21/20, Stanley 27/10.
  • Options
    Wont be going tomorrow night & I'm assuming you can watch the game on Charlton tv as it's a midweek match. If so, what the latest you can purchase the stream as last season wasn't it 10am on the day of an evening match ?
  • Options
    Christ I wouldnt pay £10 to watch this.
  • Options
    Wont be going tomorrow night & I'm assuming you can watch the game on Charlton tv as it's a midweek match. If so, what the latest you can purchase the stream as last season wasn't it 10am on the day of an evening match ?

I have bought streams 5 mins before kick off (last season) but I don't have a ST.
  • Options
    I've made a purchase a few minutes after a game has started in the past as have completely forgotten to set it up etc. - Dont think there is a time limit on when you can purchase.

The only time you had until 10am on the day etc. was when they had to send the streaming codes out to Season Ticket Holders when no fans could attend the games, thats no longer an option.
  • Options
    Ten pounds to watch a car crash with the victims being us lot.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Ten pounds to watch a car train crash with the victims being us lot.
    Fixed that for you mate, choo choo🚂😉.
  • Options
    I think the earlier deadline was to do with using your CAFC cash, I don’t think there is a deadline for buying it with your hard earned.

Not sure it’s good for Golfies reputation as a financial advisor to be seen investing in a bucket of bolts like this :-)
  • Options
    Still totally mystified as to why Dobson is not playing.  Adkins was part of the recruitment ream that signed him. By all accounts played well in the 2 jpt games. 

So much wrong with my club,  so so depressing.  Actually dreading Tuesday night.  Will be there, but no longer in expectation.
    Agree. He’s looked lively and busy. Why isn’t he involved at all?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe that Adkins has to go because he has orchestrated too many changes that havnt clearly worked. However if you look at the squad with one or two exceptions the vast majority of signings have never completed the majority of games for their previous clubs. We are hamstrung by budget by clearly recruitment is shocking. Why with the exception of injuries and suspensions is that the case? Is it because they are inconsistent ? If that is the case and i believe it is recruitment must also shoulder blame for our plight. The squad is too big and that also must cause unrest.

Time to change and keep with the basic 8 players and rotate the rest around plus if possible off load.

I find it incredulous that we talk about extended contracts to players who are in losing teams as well.

Lots to change and hopefully a better Jan window.

• Options
    Can we turn the corner..... I'm not convinced.

We don't keep clean sheets, and neither do they. So it's got 0-0 all over it :-)

I'm hoping for a win, but thinking a draw, 2-2 and we'll concede early and late.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Thanks for all your responses. Still not sure what to do so might make up my mind once I've had dinner & settled down in front of the tv ready to watch Jules & the team on Soccer Special. 

As for any prediction. Perversely I reckon we will win just because it keeps Adkins in his job for another week.

3-1 
  • Options
    It would be astonishing if we lose and Adkins is still in charge for the next game. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    cabbles said:
    Mac

Gunter Lavelle Pearce Purrington 

Watson Clare 

Leko Gilbey CBT

Stockley 

This is the team I think he’ll go with rather than the one I would like to see.  For the record I’d rather see 

Paulie

Leuth Henry Irving Oohaahmortimer Gribbo

Aliwibble Fanny

Mr Largo Sage Seth Plum 

Elfsborg 

They would do a better job 
    Genius! At least it’ll stop the route one stuff to Elfs and he’ll be brilliant with nutmegs as he runs between the CBs legs 😉.
    Without ducking as well.
  • Options

If that Bumble comes on here after the game and starts his chirpy Northern bollex about going down to the Smoke in London and beating the mighty Charlton Athletic at a canter … 

I’ll have to say 

“OY BUMBLE NO!!!”

• Options
    Looking forward to listening to Nigel’s bullshit. 
    How hard we’ve been training for this. Seeing the exciting corey  Blackett ( not touch the ball ) how well we played for 20 minutes. The fine margin of defeat the referee decisions go against us  especially the offsides that look offside (because our defenders are not marking anyone. )
    Oh yeah and lifting the trophy in may  just like hull did. That will be us this season. 
    I wonder if there working too hard in training because on match day they can’t get in touching distance of opposition players. 
    Bowyers teams trained hard and played hard they got tired because they worked hard he took Williams off for pulling out off a tackle they don’t even put a tackle in now. With the exception of Arter at Lincoln.who else was showing any fight. 
    This team looks like the clown Dowies no closing down no pressure to stop crosses no marking. Forwards not prepared to work back. 
    Bowyers teams first line of defence forwards. 
    No excuses no bullshit. See what bullshit he comes up with tonight I really don’t mind losing 4-0 tonight if it means he goes. 
  • Options
    6 changes to the team and a 0-2 score line. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    There sure are a lot of you picking Gilbey in your team
    Very observant, he didn’t excel on Saturday.  Lee unwell, Watson bench at most, is Clare fit because he wasn’t in the squad, that leaves Morgan who has failed to nail down a slot and Dobson has the be the CDM. What’s your master  plan then 😉.

Dobson and Clare. I know it's been tried, but not as a two. If Clare is injured, Dobson and Morgan, again as a two. The less we have Gilbey or Arter on the field, the better 
    Fair enough, I’m not Gilbey’s number one fan I’d have him in over Morgan though alongside Dobson if nothing else for his experience. Morgan alongside Dobson is too youthful for me and Gilbey can also get you a goal. 

Arter was one of the few that showed he cared so if fit I would start him every game. All about opinions, great isn’t it 😉.
    I think most if not all of them care. Arter's main problem is that his legs have gone. Either he plays like he did against Portsmouth - hiding disgracefully - or he attempts to relive his glory days of combative, action-packed midfield industry like he did on Saturday, at which point he becomes a walking red card (and as he's a Watsonian half-second too late into everything, he can't affect the game positively either).

Gilbey's legs haven't gone, but while he is mobile and carries the ball fairly well, playmaking is not his forte, and he's not much of a presence off the ball, so you're left with a game trier who doesn't actually start or finish anything
    Gilbey isn’t a playmaker so let’s play Clare and Dobson? In what way are those two anything like playmakers?
  • Options
    I am struggling to justify the 60 mile round trip from medway,in what is usual crap traffic conditions,to watch what promises to be an appalling game,with a possibly toxic atmosphere if things go wrong from the start.Could watch it on tv,could watch Atletico v Liverpool,blind loyalty will no doubt prevail.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cold damp Tuesday evening in October against Accrington Stanley with Charlton 3rd bottom of Div 3 - gonna probably swerve this one, which says more about Charlton than me !!!
  • Options
    ALL note that Southeastern Trains have track issues in the New Cross area and services are significantly disrupted on all lines - this is expected to continue all day and into the evening - that seals it for me https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?uq=637702232671750000#INC8FC390A30A014583875769966AE1E23C
  • Options
    This season just gets better, lets turn this around 2-0 home win. On the face of it, Adkins is gone if we don't so silver lining perhaps? Come on you reds! 
  • Options
    We are too predictable every team knows exactly how we line up its just personnel that changes.

when the chips are down you need to be hard to beat and ugly. Wingers are great when things are going well but when like on saturday CBT cant track a full back and kirk has acres of space and passes to them you need basics.

Mac

CG SL JP BP

Lee Arter Clare soare

Stockley washington

Not too flash but get it in too stockley and have CW working off him
  • Options
    Probably one of the better footballing teams to come to the Valley last season and I’m expecting them to be up for this. Can’t see anything past another defeat, I’m afraid. I’m very down about our club at the minute so I’m gonna give this a swerve tonight. I’ll save £5 on the parking and £20 on refreshments. Gonna watch the game on the stream with a glass of red wine and a bowl of Chilli Con Carne 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Mac

Gunter Lavelle Pearce Purrington 

Watson Clare 

Leko Gilbey CBT

Stockley 

This is the team I think he’ll go with rather than the one I would like to see.  For the record I’d rather see 

Paulie

Leuth Henry Irving Oohaahmortimer Gribbo

Aliwibble Fanny

Mr Largo Sage Seth Plum 

Elfsborg 

They would do a better job 
    Why have I been dropped.!  I’m a much better player than Seth Plum. I demand a transfer … 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    CAFC 2 - Stanley 0

I refuse to believe that Charlton won’t beat Accrington Stanley at The Valley. I refuse. 
  • Options
    Adkins said Arter had a tight hamstring after Saturday, so could see him on the bench. Which means Watson would come back in.

Whatever combination we have in midfield it doesn't seem to be able to control a game which is very worrying