Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Adkins Gone - Jackson Caretaker**

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can't wait to see the team JJ picks for Sunderland. He's had Thursday to get them fit. 🤣
    MacGillivray
    Matthews - Lavelle - Famewo Pearce - Purrington
    Jaiyesime- Leko - Dobson - Arter - Gilbey
    Washington - Stockley

Henderson, Gunter, Pearce, Morgan, Watson, Leko, Davison, Famewo,   DJ, 

That'd be my pick. If DJ isn't doing it, easy to rotate him with Leko and Morgan has also done a job from LM before now.
    Not sure about persevering with 2 wingers again Daz so I’ve made a couple of changes to make us a bit more solid and experienced 😉

Exactly we've already seen you can't play with two wingers, even more with two wingers who won't chase back. What we need is a Johnny Robinson who'll run up & down all day long & a Graham Stuart who'll give you width but can also tuck in & again will chase back. Well I can dream can't I ?
    Winning post.
    Get rid of the non contributing light weight wingers.
    It's like playing with 9 men and when NA brought on CBT for Lee at Lincoln, it was like playing with 8 players.
    Then he couldn't understand why we barely got a kick for 70 mins.
    CBT has been a genuine bright spark when used well. He's looked superb when Lee has been on the field and less good when Lee hasn't, but ruling him out is very weird. 

As for Leko, he's been arguably our best player this season.

What's wrong with wide forwards? If you play a midfield 3 behind them, they should be able to cover the full-backs adequately and the wingers should be free to attack
    Kirk and Leko barely touched the ball at Lincoln and CBT didn't either until late on.
    What percentage of time has CBT been used well?
    We need 100%, but I'd reckon it's around 25%, so not contributing 75%.
    The wide forwards have not been doing any defensive duties and not much offensive either.
    Leko played well against Accrington, but CBT barely figured again until late on.
    What is needed is players that can offer 100% from first to last whistle.
    Not players that contribute every 4 or 5 games and even then only for a small part of the game.
    Our full backs have been 2v1 all season and boy could they do with some protection.
    We're 3rd from bottom, not 3rd from top.
    If you play 3 in midfield, it is surely the absolute basics that the two wider of the 3 cover their respective fullbacks. Adkins hasn't had us doing that for some reason
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Leuth said:
    'non contributing lightweight wingers' is some Bowyer talk. At some point you have to back attacking play. Really annoyed by that phrase. Leko, CBT, even DJ really not contributed? Look at our goals and assists...
    Ok fair enough, I should have said the rarely/occasional contributing light weight wingers.
    It's what wingers do, that's why they are wingers.
    Kirk has shown zero passion, DJ has shown little more, Leko gets involved one game and not the next and CBT gets involved spasmodically. None of them have shown any understanding of being part of a team and assisting their team mates by chasing back.

Like Bob said oh for a Johnny Robinson or Graham Stuart or a Scott Wagstaff or a Liam Miller.

We can get away with playing one as long as we supply them and they fulfil their defensive duties.
  • Options
    Not sure I should be sharing this with you all, dear friends but......

I'm ALMOST getting excited about Saturday's match ( even though we won't be there ) ! 

And, dare I add, that the infamous Tingle is threatening to burst through its long term fettered state ! 

Can't wait !!!!
    Cup of bromide and an early night and no more of your nonsense now  ;)
  • Options
    I hope we sell a number of players in January. Replace them with a better and more motivated bunch. Have a clear out.

If they lack match fitness, then they should blame themselves. Do they think Nigel Adkins was going to have a magic wand for everything? They can't look after themselves?

Everyone has problems, but on the surface, they are adults...who earn good money..by doing a dream job. 

They also have the benefit of not being very recognisable, so they won't get stopped on the street etc

Are they not ambitious enough?

Everything's the managers fault yeh. Adkins did a crap job but they obviously are a gobby bunch that treated him like shit.
  • Options
    What it looks like at the moment.

Sad for Nigel as a man as lovely bloke but it wasn't working. 

Hopefully JJ & JE can do the business.

Who's Michael Flynn? 

He's either an aspiring young league 2 manager, or his name just makes people think of Walt junior
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    20 points behind Plymouth!!!  Plymouth!!!
    I know. Count yourself lucky that you don't live down here in Cornwall. 
    And all your mates are GREEN ARMY!

To be fair, they haven't really rubbed my nose in it.
    More like, "WTF is going on at your club? I had them down as a good bet for promotion."

Mind you, we go to Argyle in a few weeks. Might be a bit different then!

Think you will find they are coming to us Oggy.
    Thanks, Large. Let's hope it's Fortress Valley by then.

Even if its only to give me bragging rights. And 3 points to keep every Addick happy. :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    20 points behind Plymouth!!!  Plymouth!!!
    I know. Count yourself lucky that you don't live down here in Cornwall. 
    And all your mates are GREEN ARMY!

To be fair, they haven't really rubbed my nose in it.
    More like, "WTF is going on at your club? I had them down as a good bet for promotion."

Mind you, we go to Argyle in a few weeks. Might be a bit different then!

Try living in Plymouth!
    …and Argyle come to the valley first don’t they?

…and my house is worth £320,000 😉
    Are you sure? @clb74 said you can get a 3-bed semi in Plymouth for less than £100,000. :smile:

• Options
    Mentioning Johnny Robbo I think its fair to say that Shaun Newton was always there to help his full back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm pleased we released Adkins and even more pleased JJ is in interim charge.

I've not for a long time wanted someone to be more successful that Jackson, I truly hope he is, gets given the job permanently and takes us up the divisions.

One thing we can be sure of is he'll do anything for this club. I expect him to get the players really fired up for Saturday. We may still lose (but you never know), but he'll get a performance out of them I'm sure.

The team selection will be interesting, I think we'll see a very different shape.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    PWR hearing Jacko gonna be given a go before anybody else...
    Sorry don't see the joke here :)
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    What it looks like at the moment.

Sad for Nigel as a man as lovely bloke but it wasn't working. 

Hopefully JJ & JE can do the business.

Who's Michael Flynn? 

He's either an aspiring young league 2 manager, or his name just makes people think of Walt junior
    He was the Newport Manager, resigned a few weeks ago
  • Options
    Feeling positive about JJ and Euell.  We could do with a bit of a fairly tale after all the years of absolute tripe.

Next game I'm hoping for a strong performance, and for it to last 90 minutes. If the team busts a gut, I'll be happy.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    'non contributing lightweight wingers' is some Bowyer talk. At some point you have to back attacking play. Really annoyed by that phrase. Leko, CBT, even DJ really not contributed? Look at our goals and assists...
    Problem is that they largely don’t contribute much, especially when things aren’t going well.  I’m not saying I wouldn’t play them but the new manager will have to find a way to get them a lot more involved. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Ok fair enough, I should have said the rarely/occasional contributing light weight wingers.
    Kirk has shown zero passion, DJ has shown little more, Leko gets involved one game and not the next and CBT gets involved spasmodically. None of them have shown any understanding of being part of a team and assisting their team mates by chasing back.

Like Bob said oh for a Johnny Robinson or Graham Stuart or a Scott Wagstaff or a Liam Miller.

We can get away with playing one as long as we supply them and they fulfil their defensive duties.
    agreed, would like to see a flat 4 in midfield with Clare on the right and the left Kirk/DJ or CBT.

Can either then have Leko playing off Stockey in a 2 or Lee deeper in a 4, 4, 1, 1
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can't wait to see the team JJ picks for Sunderland. He's had Thursday to get them fit. 🤣
    MacGillivray
    Matthews - Lavelle - Famewo Pearce - Purrington
    Jaiyesime- Leko - Dobson - Arter - Gilbey
    Washington - Stockley

Henderson, Gunter, Pearce, Morgan, Watson, Leko, Davison, Famewo,   DJ, 

That'd be my pick. If DJ isn't doing it, easy to rotate him with Leko and Morgan has also done a job from LM before now.
    Not sure about persevering with 2 wingers again Daz so I’ve made a couple of changes to make us a bit more solid and experienced 😉

Exactly we've already seen you can't play with two wingers, even more with two wingers who won't chase back. What we need is a Johnny Robinson who'll run up & down all day long & a Graham Stuart who'll give you width but can also tuck in & again will chase back. Well I can dream can't I ?
    Winning post.
    Get rid of the non contributing light weight wingers.
    It's like playing with 9 men and when NA brought on CBT for Lee at Lincoln, it was like playing with 8 players.
    Then he couldn't understand why we barely got a kick for 70 mins.
    CBT has been a genuine bright spark when used well. He's looked superb when Lee has been on the field and less good when Lee hasn't, but ruling him out is very weird. 

As for Leko, he's been arguably our best player this season.

What's wrong with wide forwards? If you play a midfield 3 behind them, they should be able to cover the full-backs adequately and the wingers should be free to attack
    Kirk and Leko barely touched the ball at Lincoln and CBT didn't either until late on.
    What percentage of time has CBT been used well?
    We need 100%, but I'd reckon it's around 25%, so not contributing 75%.
    The wide forwards have not been doing any defensive duties and not much offensive either.
    Leko played well against Accrington, but CBT barely figured again until late on.
    What is needed is players that can offer 100% from first to last whistle.
    Not players that contribute every 4 or 5 games and even then only for a small part of the game.
    Our full backs have been 2v1 all season and boy could they do with some protection.
    We're 3rd from bottom, not 3rd from top.
    All of the above is down to Adkins 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

agreed, would like to see a flat 4 in midfield with Clare on the right and the left Kirk/DJ or CBT.

Can either then have Leko playing off Stockey in a 2 or Lee deeper in a 4, 4, 1, 1
    I would play only one of the four wingers at the moment and that would probably be Leko followed by CBT. When we have more solidity and confidence and a few nought - noughts under our belt it might be worth trying two when we need to change the game in the second half.