Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Adkins Gone - Jackson Caretaker**

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    I would Love JJ assisted by JE to get at least 6 games.
    we are now being told by the Muppet media and a guy called Grey from Sutton United is the Big Favourite for the Job 😂😂😂😂😂
    FF sake why would we want him !!!
  • Options
    Got to remember with Bristol Rovers, he only had one day to prepare ahead of that game.

Sunderland again, he's only really had a few days working with the team - So I'd be surprised if we saw massive differences this weekend to what we've been seeing before... He should then have a week on the training ground, unless Sandgaard gets someone else, ahead of the Doncaster game so hopefully we'll then see his own style being implemented a little bit more.
    Do us a favour. He has been working with this lot as long as Adkins, longer in a few cases. He sits in on the technical stuff on other teams and must have had an input on this seasons selections . 

Yet here you are trying to say he hasn't  had enough time with the team. How much fucking time does he need. Things may change a bit but Jacksin us not completely  new to this squad!
    So angry!! - Of course he's been working with the squad for as long as we remember.

But he's basically been working to the Managers instructions hasnt he? - Apart from a few potential game.

Like he's said himself (quote below) - Its going to take time for that system to get through, you cant expect him to have turned up for training yesterday, to explain how they're going to operate going forward and for that to simply be the case!!

So you see Jackson having no input with Adkins and Euell also. What planet are you on. So angry ? Over what ? 
    Jackson is and has been part of this team, Euell too. 

I doubt he stood by and said, "Yes bozz, no bozz, three bags full sir. "  You described  him as a sheep or aged butler in that case.  If so he won't  be of use. 
    A new manager would not have his knowledge.  Angry indeed ! 
    I'm sure Jackson and Euell have been giving their input but at the end of the day Adkins was the Manager and he has the final say so whatever input Jackson and Euell had doesn't mean it was listened too. It could be that Adkins didn't trust their input. That is why he should have been allowed to bring Andy Crosby in instead of having Jackson and Euell forced upon him. 
    I was surprised he didn't  bring in Crosby unless he wasn't allowed or they had fallen out.
    If you remember, Andy Crosby joined Port Vale as Assistant Manager about a fortnight before Adkins was appointed at Charlton.

Even if Crosby had wanted to come to Charlton, he was contracted at Port Vale. He wasn't available. 

• Options
     Others state agreement or not but somehow you chose to start on me instead of debate
    Er....This is probably why people do that...

Oh for Christ's sake listen to yourself.  Such a week argument to justify your own bias. 

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    The more I think about it, the happier I am with the idea of JJ taking over full time. I think its his unless the results stay exactly the same. There's no one out there I can think of who could galvanise an average squad of players like he will be able to with this lot. There is the worry of his reputation being tarnished but he has been very clear he wants the job and he knows what's at stake with that. 
    Problem with this is that the results can hardly get any worse. So, if JJ loses tomorrow but gets a win against Donny but then draws the next couple would that make him a success....?? Would say 3 wins, 3 draws & 4 defeats be ok to keep him in post past xmas ??

Unless we see a complete turnaround with players playing how we know they should, keeping clean sheets & scoring 3's or 4's  then it's all a bit moot.
    I’d be judging him on results, performances and the direction we seem to be heading. Difficult to put that down as a number of points, but we need to be looking like at least a decent mid table side rather than a relegation one. 
    And I totally agree......but I don't see tomorrow as a "free hit" like some posters do. Every point is vital & JJ is not coming in "new" so knows the players & their best positions. 

In fact I reckon we will win tomorrow. 
    Reading Jacko's interview on the OS and SLP, Jackson himself rubbishes the idea of tomorrow's game as a free hit.

• Options
    1968CAFC said:
    we are now being told by the Muppet media and a guy called Grey from Sutton United is the Big Favourite for the Job 😂😂😂😂😂
    Because he is cheap and will knows league 2.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Because he is cheap and will knows league 2.
    We all know the fourth division. It's a crap league with slow, rubbish players who will kick the crap out of the opposition. We should fit in perfectly.
  • Options
    A manager's job is one of motivation. Motivating a group of well trained professional athletes to execute the tactics practiced on the training ground. And to have a sense of fighting for something. Thats what all successful managers succeed in doing.   

I cant think of one occasion when I thought Adkins had that ability. To truly motivate.. His constant "positivity" spin and irksome grin made me think of football management by Tony Blair. That doesn't win football matches that wins elections. 

I am so delighted I will never hear "Yes, scotty [Minto] we were really great for that first 20 minutes .[Blair smile] .. Passing the ball around, looking dangerous [blair again] ...and, well, although we didnt get the result we wanted ... they [pick every team we have played]  showed how hard this division is [serious blair face to camera] ... But we take the positives [blair ecstatic face]  ... There was that terrific throw- in from the young lad Clare who's come in [blair grin]  shown what he can do and that delightful goal kick from Macca who has shown why he we went in for him [blair]  so we go again Tuesday. Thanks Scotty. Pleasure" [blair smirk to camera]. 

Yuk! 

Wishing Brian Clough was around ... No nonsense. Total motivation ... to the death. 
    TS should expect nothing less from the short listed candidates. 

Question One to the shortlisted candidates: 

"Are you prepared to die for Charlton Athletic football club?". 

I wonder where the motivation came from during Adkins W5 D5 L1 came from last season. 
    I think in part as it was the end of the season, some of the opposition teams weren't themselves as motivated as previously.
    Hull were up or as good as up, Lincoln were guaranteed a play off place, Accrington were safely going nowhere, Crewe were going nowhere, Plymouth were going nowhere, Ipswich were going nowhere, Sunderland were on a bad run, Doncaster were on an awful downward trajectory, AFC Wimbledon were poorish.

Yes we did well and were unbeaten, but I'm far from sure we would have done as well against them teams in January/February.
    Oh for Christ's sake listen to yourself.  Such a week argument to justify your own bias. Bowyer went with the dressing room in a mess and an injury list to match. Adkins used a LB as a right winger who scored debuting that position.  
    Then hey presto, all the opposition roll over giving us a nice end of season.  
    Utter rubbish.  

The window was crap. Adkins didn’t  want some of the signings and we only manage a squad by getting in cast offs and others misfits. 
    I am saying that others should  have shouldered some of the blame for the mess.
    They are still there. Therefore Jackson has to fight those battles too. 

It is the cheapest option to sack Adkins, justified or not. The fact it was drawn out so long indicates that Sandgaard didn't  want this additional cost and then the further cost of another manager who would most certainly want his own team , leaving TS with more payoffs and even less to spend on new players. 
    I'm not sure if you're back to trolling everyone again today, or you really believe the nonsense that you say.
    It's probably both. 
    I'd say it is staggering that anyone thinks that the assistant manager tells the manager what tactics will be played.
    More staggering that you believe or chose to believe he didn't take others views into account.  It is called team work . Why else did he have an assistant called Crosby at other clubs.
    Logging a disagreement is not trolling. Others state agreement or not but somehow you chose to start on me instead of debate 
    By God you're hard work.
    Nobody has said or believes that Adkins didn't take other's views into account.
    They are saying that Adkins was the manager and he made the decisions and he had the final say.
    Surely, you must be able to understand that, it's been said to you more than once.
     Fucking cheek. Hard work. I simply do agree. I made a simy disagreement and you turn it in to a slashing contest as usual.  
    We all know the management set up and the role of Adkins. However he is not solely  to blame so not much has changed in the Management team . In JJ we really  have to trust .
    Phew, pleased that at last you simply do agree..
    No idea what a simy disagreement is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to remember with Bristol Rovers, he only had one day to prepare ahead of that game.

Sunderland again, he's only really had a few days working with the team - So I'd be surprised if we saw massive differences this weekend to what we've been seeing before... He should then have a week on the training ground, unless Sandgaard gets someone else, ahead of the Doncaster game so hopefully we'll then see his own style being implemented a little bit more.
    Do us a favour. He has been working with this lot as long as Adkins, longer in a few cases. He sits in on the technical stuff on other teams and must have had an input on this seasons selections . 

Yet here you are trying to say he hasn't  had enough time with the team. How much fucking time does he need. Things may change a bit but Jacksin us not completely  new to this squad!
    Honestly now, he has been working with the team as his bosses have been telling him to do so. Bowyer, Adkins outline what they work on and JJ & JE will implement it. 

JJ can put his 2 pence in all he wants but in the end, Adkins will have final say.

He will have his own ideas on how to do things. 

Give him a break in the meantime will you.
    Absolutely right. The gaffer is the gaffer and what he says goes. If the assistants want to keep their jobs, there is no arguing or second guessing, whatever their own views may be.
    Now Jacko is the gaffer and it's his chance to fly. I hope he soars.

• Options
    Full respect to Ormiston and Thomas Driesen for calling Adkins out as guff (and more respect for the winding up and cnuting off of everyone )
    Personally was neither here nor there with him but obviously anyone that positive and happy is not really my cup of tea but his end to the season would never have led any sane person to foresee this debacle , nice man but had to go (4 weeks back) 

Jacko is the natural free hit … give him till Christmas and have a back up plan in place if it goes tits up .

palace cruising in the top flight 8/9 seasons in 
    scum 3 points from play offs in second tier 
    billy smarts 4 points from safety in the 3rd tier of English football , what a time to be alive 
    The love and respect is mutual.

In the future, if the stars align, I shall not rule out asking for your hand in marriage.
    Should the stars align and OohAhh accepts, you'd better make sure you get a place with two lavs, or there'll be trouble in paradise fairly quickly...
  • Options
    One thing about Jacko…. He already is 1-0 as a caretaker, correct? Didn’t he win one where were we came back from 2-0 and won 3-2? Charlton players responded well to him once. Let’s hope they do again.
  • Options
    I reckon Thomas has the end of November in mind to review Jackson’s status. That leaves time for someone else to assess the squad in time for the window. That’s 7 games. He’d need 3/4 wins I’d imagine.
  • Options
    One thing about Jacko…. He already is 1-0 as a caretaker, correct? Didn’t he win one where were we came back from 2-0 and won 3-2? Charlton players responded well to him once. Let’s hope they do again.
    Yes, 0-2 down at home to relegated Bristol R, coming back to win 3-2.
  • Options
    Apologies for this but I didn’t know where else to put it and didn’t want to start a new thread. Made me smile. Football was fun back then. 

In May 1905 William Foulke the famous giant goalkeeper was sold to Chelsea for a transfer fee of £50.
    Chelsea had just joined the Football League and in his first season he helped them to finish in 3rd place in the Second Division behind Bristol City and Manchester United. Foulke's form was very good and he managed to save ten penalties. Peter Bonetti didn't even manage that!
  • Options
    Apologies for this but I didn’t know where else to put it and didn’t want to start a new thread. Made me smile. Football was fun back then. 

In May 1905 William Foulke the famous giant goalkeeper was sold to Chelsea for a transfer fee of £50.
    Chelsea had just joined the Football League and in his first season he helped them to finish in 3rd place in the Second Division behind Bristol City and Manchester United. Foulke's form was very good and he managed to save ten penalties. Peter Bonetti didn't even manage that!
    If only our mob were as fit as him!
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    IAgree said:
    Right decision however I remain to be convinced about JJ. I simply can’t tell how good he is, or could be, or how much responsibility he has for the current situation. Knowing and having loyalties to the club, being a great player and well liked, does not necessarily equate to being a good manager. Personally I don’t think pitching him into the current situation is good for his development and is unreasonable.

Viewed from another perspective Sandgaard has dithered over Adkins and is now dithering over a replacement. If this goes wrong we might end up in an even worse situation in three games. Of course he will gain short term popularity (which he clearly loves) and save money with this decision, however it it’s certainly not without its risks, and doesn’t suggest an underlying strategy. Seriously what was being discussed into the small hours?!? 

I sincerely hope I’m wrong and JJ is the next Curbs
    I don't think any fans knew Curbs was going to become what he become. When the decision to lose Gritt was made, I thought we had lost the wrong man at the time. JJ deserves a chance. He has wanted the job for years and this is his time. He has to be given this time and I was for it happening when Bowyer left. If it doesn't work out we have another card to play. But we should all hope that we don't need to play it.
    Like is said I hope I’m wrong however deserving to have a go and fairness should be secondary considerations given the current state of the team /club. Personally I think this situation requires proven ability and experience in a relegation fight and should go to whoever is best placed to deliver such. Now that may be JJ, however I don’t feel I have enough info re the areas mentioned to make an informed comment and I don’t think pitching him into the current desperate situation is a fair way of assessing him - It’s a big ask 

I don’t think TS is doing this out of a sense of fairness, as much as an avoidance of difficult decisions, dodgy advice, a poor management setup, money, an apparent lack of strategy and popularity.

Anyway no one will be happier than I if JJ does manage to turn this around and I look forward to seeing his team play. If he pulls it off it would be very good news for the club and I will happily eat my words washed down with a celebratory beer!
    I brought a very nice couple of ales earlier……………..
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    The more I think about it, the happier I am with the idea of JJ taking over full time. I think its his unless the results stay exactly the same. There's no one out there I can think of who could galvanise an average squad of players like he will be able to with this lot. There is the worry of his reputation being tarnished but he has been very clear he wants the job and he knows what's at stake with that. 
    Problem with this is that the results can hardly get any worse. So, if JJ loses tomorrow but gets a win against Donny but then draws the next couple would that make him a success....?? Would say 3 wins, 3 draws & 4 defeats be ok to keep him in post past xmas ??

Unless we see a complete turnaround with players playing how we know they should, keeping clean sheets & scoring 3's or 4's  then it's all a bit moot.
    I’d be judging him on results, performances and the direction we seem to be heading. Difficult to put that down as a number of points, but we need to be looking like at least a decent mid table side rather than a relegation one. 
    And I totally agree......but I don't see tomorrow as a "free hit" like some posters do. Every point is vital & JJ is not coming in "new" so knows the players & their best positions. 

In fact I reckon we will win tomorrow. 
    Reading Jacko's interview on the OS and SLP, Jackson himself rubbishes the idea of tomorrow's game as a free hit.

Had we lost it 1-0 and played well, that is exactly what it would have been. Some of the pressure was off the players and that is a bit of a free hit to me. I think the mistake is to view that as meaning a game you don't try to win. I would put it that it was a game we could have afforded not to win in terms of morale damage. But we won and deserved to win so all great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can imagine a bowyer text/watsapp to jackson this eve

"Don't get ahead of yourself son. It was Sunderland 😉"