Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Adkins Gone - Jackson Caretaker**

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    What it looks like at the moment.

Sad for Nigel as a man as lovely bloke but it wasn't working. 

Hopefully JJ & JE can do the business.

• Options
    If Charlton are relying on those two then see you in division 4...
    We aren't! We're relying on Gunter, Watson and Morgan too! 

Everything will come good. I have visions of seeing JJ registering as a player to take the odd corner and free kick. Fresh from Southgate and Moyes school of Management.
  • Options
    Bye Nige, regardless of any other factors he had to go, wish him well.

Not expecting much in the way of changes tbh, hopefully get that "new manager bounce". 

• Options
    Jackson for me. But I understand the reservations.
    From the above list, Wilder. If you can’t get him then Lowe, and let him bring his entire staff. No getting him in the door to work with what we have here. That doesn’t work. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    mogodon said:
    A decent man but one seemingly not really given the back-up within the club to succeed and his departure has been inevitable for weeks.  
    It makes you wonder why this decision was not reached a month ago.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    "He’s Only Gone and Done It Tel - Thomas Sandgaard- Manager sacker! :-)"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has he posted a video today of him walking & spouting how wonderful life is....😄
    Make the most of the day Golfie. 
  • Options
    Calm down with writing off Jackson after 30 minutes.

He has his pro licence and he is a natural leader with 445 matches in his locker behind him and has seen how 20 odd managers/ head coaches set up their teams.

I would expect Sunderland to win because how ever we set up they have a better side than us. Anyone disagree with that statement ?

The Doncaster and Rotherham home matches will be a test of a change of mentality.

You can't get blood from a stone, but we will improve under JJ and Jason and resemble a team.
    Having a licence doesn’t make you a decent coach. JJ should have gone as well. The sooner a permanent manager is appointed the better
  • Options
    As many others have said, he's a decent bloke and it's sad that it didn't work, but this was becoming inevitable and best to get it done quickly which gives the next manager time to get established before the transfer window opens. My worry is that I think a lot of the problem is with the Director of Football model, so while team management may improve the crucial problem that we don't have the right mix of players may not. We'll see. Obviously I hope I'm wrong as none of us want to explore League 2.
  • Options
    CAFCTJSE said:
    Jacko interim, curious to see who we go for for permanent manager
    Indeed
    Remember when Bow went and Adkins came in?  Sandgaard boasted about the systems he'd installed and how we'd reap the benefit of smooth continuity in such circumstances. 

Imagine Roddy has made his recommendation already ... or is sweating like a pig.
  • Options
    Calm down with writing off Jackson after 30 minutes.

He has his pro licence and he is a natural leader with 445 matches in his locker behind him and has seen how 20 odd managers/ head coaches set up their teams.

I would expect Sunderland to win because how ever we set up they have a better side than us. Anyone disagree with that statement ?

The Doncaster and Rotherham home matches will be a test of a change of mentality.

You can't get blood from a stone, but we will improve under JJ and Jason and resemble a team.
    Yeah. What of it ? 

;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As others  have said he had to go, results were dreadful. Jacko the answer?, I wait to be convinced personally, but  should be given a  fair chance, in any case we are in for a scrap, and the players have to have a good look at themselves and perform. The investment in the new year looks like a rebuild of the team, wether TS will dig deep into his pocket, we shall see?
  • Options
    I listened to TS on the radio, he was asked what he wants from a new manager and TS explained is to get the players fit.   

My first question to that is, isn't that as much down to the coaches if not more so, then I would be thinking what has JJ & Jason Euell been doing for the last few months.

He went on further to say JJ will be given time to grow in to the role.  I hope for all our sakes JJ gets the bounce expected but not guaranteed for sure.
  • Options
    Let’s face facts. This is Charlton Athletic we’re talking about here. It’s only a matter of time before we’re in another crisis. It’s just the way it is. 
  • Options
    The board meeting probably went something like this:

TS: yeh, I've just read charltonlife. Bloke called dave2l said jacko should be caretaker manager. He's a genius and knows everything about football.
    That's what we're going for.

TS wife: yeh can't go wrong with that. Dave's are usually right about stuff.