Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Adkins Gone - Jackson Caretaker**

Comments

• Options

To me it sounds like Jackson's been doing a bit of sandbagging so he could get the job. 

Having him as assistant when he was desperate for the managers job seemed a bit of a bad decision. Turned out that way too. 
  • Options
    CAFCTJSE said:
    Jacko interim, curious to see who we go for for permanent manager
    I think (hope) if Jacko stops the rot he’ll get it permanently

Let’s face it, promotion is gone now so our goal for the season is to finish 20th
    100% this, plus its the cheapest option for Tommy
    & that was the main problem with the transfer window looking for the cheap option. Ok we signed a couple for fees but overall we were looking for the youth to step up but just aren't up to it yet (Deji apart maybe) & poor signings on the cheap.

• Options
    JJ won't be given time to grow into the role if results and performances remain the same but I do expect some response.
  • Options
    Jackson's first games: 

Sunderland
    Doncaster
    Rotherham
    Burton
    Plymouth

Other than Doncaster all teams that have enjoyed a very good start to the season. Think we'll be in the poo after 3 losses and a draw out of those. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Re; the fitness issue, my big question is why?  Why is it so bad.  I take into account players joining late like Arter, who hasn't played much football in the last year, but surely fitness is an issue that is the easiest to fix?  
    It does make you wonder what they do at Sparrows Lane all week, and we won't talk about defensive coaching.
  • Options
    This is JJs chance to join Curbs and Chrissy as undisputed Charlton legends. It isn't anything technical but I just have a feeling he is going to take it. As long as he gets a fair chance.
    I really really really really want it to work for JJ (more so then any other manager we have had come in since Powell). However I really really really cannot see it happening.

We need a whole cultural and ethos change in our coaching and backroom staff. Issue such as fitness, injuries (thankfully not so much this year) are not just something that has cropped up under Adkins. It's clearly a longstanding thing that various managers have never really been able to get on top off - Bowyer tried but that just lead to half our squad breaking down.

Alongside this there's nothing I have seen about our play style that has changed under any manager we have had since at least Robinson. 

Again I hope it work, but if it does not, and we barely pick up a point in the next 10 games. We are likely down.
  • Options
    Interesting to see how the recruitment process works if it doesn't turn out to be the Johnny and Jason show. 

Who will work with GR and TS in the knowledge they have input 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Re; the fitness issue, my big question is why?  Why is it so bad.  I take into account players joining late like Arter, who hasn't played much football in the last year, but surely fitness is an issue that is the easiest to fix?  
    I completely agree. Who is responsible for fitness training ? Is it Roddy, do we have a fitness coach? It may be the easiest issue to fix but it won’t happen overnight. 
  • Options

To me it sounds like Jackson's been doing a bit of sandbagging so he could get the job. 

Having him as assistant when he was desperate for the managers job seemed a bit of a bad decision. Turned out that way too. 
    Interesting to me that Jackson clearly believes that he's ready to step up to the big stage. Whether he is right about that we shall see but hopefully that means he's going to be putting his own stamp on the team and their style rather than just doing what was done before. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Right decision, (2 weeks too late!) Thanks Mr Adkins for your service, good luck for the future. 

Will be at SOL , for JJ/ JE first game result not important, but improvement would be great! 

This could be the start of something magical!
    It’s written in the stars!

COYRS!!!!!!
  • Options
    I reckon it's exactly the right time to dispense with the services of Adkins, so full marks to TS for that. I really hope JJ steps up to the plate. We could still improve a lot on Saturday, but fail to get a result, so it's right to give JJ a fair chance over time, but not too much time.

Much as the summer signings may have disappointed many, I firmly believe our squad is at least mid table standard. It's up to JJ to make that potential a reality, and show that our current predicament is in spite of him rather than, in part, because of him. I hope he succeeds, but sadly I suspect that we won't see much improvement until the coaching set up is radically changed.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Mike Bailey 
    Alan Curbishley 
    Chris Powell 
    Lee Bowyer 

All played for Charlton and went on to Manage the club to promotion.  

Come on Johnnie, add your name to the list. 
    Promotion has long gone, we need an ex player to help us avoid relegation now.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    "He’s Only Gone and Done It Tel - Thomas Sandgaard- Manager sacker! :-)"
    Yep I know...
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    And he's looked one of the fitter ones in the last couple he's played!
  • Options
    Whoa whoa slow down people I'm missing all the new internet facts.

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Mike Bailey 
    Alan Curbishley 
    Chris Powell 
    Lee Bowyer 

All played for Charlton and went on to Manage the club to promotion.  

Come on Johnnie, add your name to the list. 
    Promotion has long gone, we need an ex player to help us avoid relegation now.
    They didn't all achieve promotion in their first season...
  • Options
    Think Jacko will put the fire up the squad and get them fighting which is the main thig IMO. If we can also improve fitness (must happen) and some tactical tweaks to get us more organised defensively and hard working and allow the attacking play to become more free flowing and creative that can be enough to string a reasonable run of results together.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can't argue with any of that, though would reply that the issues with the team have been obvious for weeks now. At the latest the change should have been made after Lincoln, or was it delayed because Thomas wanted to do it in person?