Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Agree that generally speaking being successful is about getting the best players not being a tight arse, it’s about having quality on the pitch, we’re not down the auctions trying to win kudos for saving £100 on a vauxhall viva!
  • The vauxhall viva is Chris Gunter by the way, Ben Matthews is an Austin Allegro.

Eeeeuchhhhh.
  • Jacko’s points per game 30/20
    would currently put us on 49.5 points which is 11th position
    and a season ending total of 69 points .
    and the points per game trend is down. soon will have crossed the point when it is in the relegation zone. 
  • Jacko’s points per game 30/20
    would currently put us on 49.5 points which is 11th position
    and a season ending total of 69 points .
    Only going to drop too. 

Having a PPG to finish in the bottom half after taking over for most of the year is a pretty strong inditement. 

People clinging onto those first 4 games for dear life. 
  • Jacko’s Points per game 30/21
    would currently put us on 48.5 points which is 11th
    and a season ending total of 66 
  • Jacko’s Points per game 30/21
    would currently put us on 48.5 points which is 11th
    and a season ending total of 66 
    Rolling last 10 games is still 10 points, defent replaces the defeat against Wycombe.  Need 4 points from the next 2 games to keep it at a point a game.

The fact we only have 1.15 points per game over the whole season suggests that's not a blip. 

• edited February 2022
    All this ‘Steve is the best negotiator in the world’ stuff makes me laugh.

A key reason we have had such an awful season is because the club played hard ball in their negotiations during the summer and it back fired massively…

- Chuks didn’t take our low offer and went to brum (& it cost us more to then get him back)
    - Our main target Fraser went to Ipswich and we consequently couldn’t bring him to the valley until our season was over
    - Our main CB target went to Wigan forcing us to bring in Lavelle (who’s not gd enough) as a last min panic buy.

There’s nothing good about being known as a good negotiator if you fail to recruit any quality and waste/ruin the whole season as a result.
    Chuks went to a higher division. He was always going to go. When do you ever see players turning down that kind of move?

I didn't think we were willing to match the wages being offered by Wigan and Ipswich but something has obviously changed since then, unless Fraser has taken a pay cut to come here. Which is possible since apparently he was desperate to leave. 

We will struggle to attract the best targets next year because of how poor we've been this season. 

I'm sure Gallen is a good negotiator but he's not a wizard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also Aneke joined us to play in the Championship, it's not a coincidence he then tried to go back to the Championship at the end of his contract. 
  • Jacko’s Points per game 31/22
    would currently put us on 49.3 points which is 12th
    and a season ending total of 65
  • Jacko’s Points per game 31/22
    would currently put us on 49.3 points which is 12th
    and a season ending total of 65
    Not good enough.

If Jackson remains in charge, this only promises us mid table obscurity.

In fact no different to what we currently have.
  • I’d give JJ the nod next season but would demand nothing less than top six at Christmas. My gut feeling is that something is wrong with our recruitment process. Every season now we’re slow out of the blocks and end up scratching around with our third or fourth choices the week before the window closes. Next season is huge for this club. We simply must climb out of this league. We’re rapidly becoming an established third tier club and that simply isn’t good enough. Chris Powell showed that getting the players you want in early pays enormous dividends . He did though have the advantage of Charlton being one of the most attractive clubs in league one for players. Every season we fuck up, we lose some of that shine. 
    It best be top six by Christmas as Tommy is on the record this week saying the aim is top two next season going up via automatic promotion.
  • I’d give JJ the nod next season but would demand nothing less than top six at Christmas. My gut feeling is that something is wrong with our recruitment process. Every season now we’re slow out of the blocks and end up scratching around with our third or fourth choices the week before the window closes. Next season is huge for this club. We simply must climb out of this league. We’re rapidly becoming an established third tier club and that simply isn’t good enough. Chris Powell showed that getting the players you want in early pays enormous dividends . He did though have the advantage of Charlton being one of the most attractive clubs in league one for players. Every season we fuck up, we lose some of that shine. 
    It best be top six by Christmas as Tommy is on the record this week saying the aim is top two next season going up via automatic promotion.
    Well I’m suggesting that it’s a bit daft demanding top two. I think most of us would expect top six for a club like Charlton in the third division.
  • Sponsored links:

Well I’m suggesting that it’s a bit daft demanding top two. I think most of us would expect top six for a club like Charlton in the third division.
    I expect top two. Too many fans accept mediocrity. 
  • edited March 2022
    If TS is expecting top two then this is going to be a very expensive summer for him. The majority of our current squad are average to poor league one players. Yes we have something to build on but it’s going to be an enormous rebuild. Stockley and Washington are not going to win us top two.
    Top 6 every month for me and constantly pushing top two each month. 

If we drop out of the top 6 and struggle to return to it, I'd suggest he'd be just doing another Robinson.
  • J BLOCK said:
    I’d give JJ the nod next season but would demand nothing less than top six at Christmas. My gut feeling is that something is wrong with our recruitment process. Every season now we’re slow out of the blocks and end up scratching around with our third or fourth choices the week before the window closes. Next season is huge for this club. We simply must climb out of this league. We’re rapidly becoming an established third tier club and that simply isn’t good enough. Chris Powell showed that getting the players you want in early pays enormous dividends . He did though have the advantage of Charlton being one of the most attractive clubs in league one for players. Every season we fuck up, we lose some of that shine. 
    I don't think it is fans accepting mediocrity, its being realistic from the situation we find ourselves now in and additionally next season we could have the likes of Derby with money behind them again plus teams like Peterborough who will keep most of their players has Rotherham did this year. Next season this division is likely to be stronger.  Of course you set high targets but realistically top 6 would be a big step forward. 
  • If TS is expecting top two then this is going to be a very expensive summer for him. The majority of our current squad are average to poor league one players. Yes we have something to build on but it’s going to be an enormous rebuild. Stockley and Washington are not going to win us top two.
    I'm more concerned about the players behind them, they'll score goals if we become a team better at keeping possession and creating chances. A new striker as an upgrade over Washington (but keeping him as cover) alongside Stockley or Aneke is good enough - get the right signings in behind them (including proper wing backs) would give them better and more consistent service.
  • J BLOCK said:
    I’d give JJ the nod next season but would demand nothing less than top six at Christmas. My gut feeling is that something is wrong with our recruitment process. Every season now we’re slow out of the blocks and end up scratching around with our third or fourth choices the week before the window closes. Next season is huge for this club. We simply must climb out of this league. We’re rapidly becoming an established third tier club and that simply isn’t good enough. Chris Powell showed that getting the players you want in early pays enormous dividends . He did though have the advantage of Charlton being one of the most attractive clubs in league one for players. Every season we fuck up, we lose some of that shine. 
    I agree.  And because of that, it’s why I’ve been banging the drum re: a very extensive overhaul.  Given where we’ll finish this season and the fact we were ‘2 or 3 players off’ getting in the playoffs - think how many we are getting in the play offs next season, let alone the top two
  • We can expect what we want.
    Me personally I can see a new manager coming in again next season , when most of us get the hump when were not in the top 6 after 10 games.
    I also think whoever we have as manager and even if they are given £5 million + top 6 is not a given.
  • All this talk of give JJ the Summer to ger HIS own players in is delusional. However you look at it this current squad has decent players that have shown at previous clubs that they can perform. The fact is that they are not doing it here. Its the Managers job to make sure they do ! How long is it since we tried to play with the ball on the ground ? Teams constantly pass through us without any difficulty! I sit right behind the dugout and I can 100% say the message from the manager and coaches is to suppress the space, we basically try to play the whole game using only half of the pitch and just lob it high hoping someone can get on the end of it  we are far to easy to play against with no options. I love JJ but at the end of the day this is his team and the way they are playing is his way 
  • AndyG said:
    All this talk of give JJ the Summer to ger HIS own players in is delusional. However you look at it this current squad has decent players that have shown at previous clubs that they can perform. The fact is that they are not doing it here. Its the Managers job to make sure they do ! How long is it since we tried to play with the ball on the ground ? Teams constantly pass through us without any difficulty! I sit right behind the dugout and I can 100% say the message from the manager and coaches is to suppress the space, we basically try to play the whole game using only half of the pitch and just lob it high hoping someone can get on the end of it  we are far to easy to play against with no options. I love JJ but at the end of the day this is his team and the way they are playing is his way 

That's right, he's been in charge of this team for more than 20 games now. If it's not his style now, it never will be.

We've appointed a rookie manager, and I'd be shocked if anyone could name a single positive point about his management from the last 15 games. Whereas there are more than a handful of negative signs.
    The players simply aren't this bad.