Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Women to rebrand as "Charlton Ladies" - turned down by FA (p28)

Comments

• Options
    27 pages brilliant. 
  • Options
    27 pages brilliant. 
    Wait until the owner tweets after the game tomorrow afternoon 👍 
  • Options
    I popped this on the main TS thread but I think it will get lost with todays ongoing topic on there. 

Has the whole renaming the Charlton Women to "Ladies" thing blown over now? A few months back TS was adamant that the change was going to be finalised imminently but nothing since then. Has the backlash convinced him to not go through with it now? 
  • Options
    In the brochure thing for new STs it was all Charlton Women so perhaps the owner has listened, in which case fair play. 
  • Options
    I’m sure he said “women” during his CL interview…
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I popped this on the main TS thread but I think it will get lost with todays ongoing topic on there. 

Has the whole renaming the Charlton Women to "Ladies" thing blown over now? A few months back TS was adamant that the change was going to be finalised imminently but nothing since then. Has the backlash convinced him to not go through with it now? 
    He couldn’t “finalise” it during the season as the FA won’t allow mid-season name changes.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I’m sure he said “women” during his CL interview…
    He did
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

He couldn’t “finalise” it during the season as the FA won’t allow mid-season name changes.
    Do you think its still something he wants to push on with?
  • Options
    I think Airman has it, new season, new name. Oh well. 
  • Options
    I've worked with a few women's teams over the last year. One was Merseyrail Ladies and they seemed perfectly happy with their name. Another is London Seaward who, having fallen out with Leyton Orient, were happy to not have to go under another club's banner so don't even need to refer to their gender in their name. 

I did hear a debate about how 'ladies' is seen as patronising but cannot remember the reasoning. Ultimately it should be up to the women involved with the club to decide IMO. If they feel patronised by the word then it's not for me or anyone else to tell them otherwise. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    (Already posted this on a different thread). 

I thought the crowd at the Valley (710?) was decent until I heard that more than 23,000 watched Newcastle Women’s debut match at St James’s Park. They’re in the 4th tier of women’s football. 

There’s real potential in women’s football. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I thought the crowd at the Valley (710?) was decent until I heard that more than 23,000 watched Newcastle Women’s debut match at St James’s Park. They’re in the 4th tier of women’s football. 

How much did they pay to watch?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Is there? Surely the reasons for that massive attendance are pretty similar to the reasons Newcastle ‘men’ get such good gates?
  • Options
    Anna Filbey has said on Twitter that she is leaving the club. A big shame.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    who?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    That's a real shame, she's looked very, very good playing out at CB
  • Options
    Not sure if it’s at all helpful but as Airman mentioned earlier, local/regional/national FAs don’t let you change team names and details mid-season. There’s usually an AGM in May-July and each team is asked to submit any changes and confirm current details (name, kit colour, pitch/stadium location etc) as well as any suggested rule changes, feedback etc.

So watch this space I’d say. If we get to the end of July/early August and there’s no change then maybe TS has seen sense. 
  • Options
    are we definitely sure this is for the women's team and not the Men's? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if it’s at all helpful but as Airman mentioned earlier, local/regional/national FAs don’t let you change team names and details mid-season. There’s usually an AGM in May-July and each team is asked to submit any changes and confirm current details (name, kit colour, pitch/stadium location etc) as well as any suggested rule changes, feedback etc.

So watch this space I’d say. If we get to the end of July/early August and there’s no change then maybe TS has seen sense. 
    I believe the paperwork has been submitted.
  • Options

I believe the paperwork has been submitted.
    In my experience the FA won’t fight it, which is a shame. 
  • Options
    Know your audience:

When females professional footballers talk about their team mates, they say "we have a great team spirit with this group of girls" I heard this said again at the weekend after the Woman's cup final by a Chelsea player and have heard similar all season after this debate started. 

When talking about females playing football I always say Woman's football when talking about "the group." 

At a local library, there was a poetry and story pamphlet book produced and when we were selecting the poems I said to 6 females present. "Decision time Ladies" it seemed  appropriate as the females were 45 to 60 and i knew them all personally but not intimately.

In London at a spoken word gig in Covent garden with 3/4 of the audience female and from 16 to 70 years old. I saw a Young woman with a crew cut who I had met before sitting next to her female partner also a man who is a transvestite in a floral dress similar to the artist Perry but without the face blusher. Also many folk with different hues and three male rugby player from New Zealand who did a version of the haka.

I addressed the 50+ people as "guys" as that term was still acceptable in cosmopolitan London.

Know your audience, or else just say "peeps'
  • Options
    9 of the team leaving!!
  • Options
    Are they all directly related to the proposed name change?
  • Options
    9 of the team leaving!!
    Saw this. Does anyone know what's going on? There's some good names in the released list.
  • Options
    Elise Hughes going is a shame, decent player. Other than her and Wynne though it's mostly back up players and a few who predated the move to professional status, so not a mass exodus of key players. The important thing now is getting players better than what we currently have to really give the squad some depth
  • Options
    9 of the team leaving!!
    Saw this. Does anyone know what's going on? There's some good names in the released list.
    I don't think they were released. It seems the contracts were only one year.
  • Options
    Elise Hughes going is a shame, decent player. Other than her and Wynne though it's mostly back up players and a few who predated the move to professional status, so not a mass exodus of key players. The important thing now is getting players better than what we currently have to really give the squad some depth
    Easily done, just copy the blue print for the 1st team.................................oh, hold on a minute!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Part time goalkeeper coach role advertised for £10 an hour.

https://jobs4football.com/job/goal-keeping-coach/