Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Women to rebrand as "Charlton Ladies" - turned down by FA (p28)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Part time goalkeeper coach role advertised for £10 an hour.

https://jobs4football.com/job/goal-keeping-coach/
    Doesn’t say how many hours a week either. 
  • edited May 2022
    Swisdom said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    whenever i do an email requesting some help from our marketing team, i always start the email with 'Ladies' (they are all women btw) - never dawned on me that they might think i'm being disrespectful - how do you address a group of women without naming them all?  
    I guess everyone should address people however they'd like to be addressed, as a general rule, and that seems to be the issue with changing the name of the team. 
    i will send them a pre email first next time and ask them
    In French I was taught you should ask someone if they wished to be referred to as Tu or Vous.  "On peut se tutoyer".

It's basically a way of saying "Can I refer to you as Tu" which is more familiar and formal  than Vous.  I always found this practice strange but I suppose this is not too dissimilar to nowadays to people telling us what their pronouns are so nobody assumes anything.

Still find it weird though
    The French practice of formal and informal tenses isn’t really the same as pronouns.

As a fluent French speaker myself the best rule of thumb is to always use the formal tense unless talking to someone you know really well or a child that you are obviously superior to.

The pronouns stuff is an actual choice of how you want to be addressed all the time and people generally respect that.

In French if you insisted to your close friends that you wanted to be addressed formally, effectively as “Mr. Swisdom” at all times then they’d think you were a complete tosser!
  • Scoham said:
    Part time goalkeeper coach role advertised for £10 an hour.

https://jobs4football.com/job/goal-keeping-coach/
    Education/Qualifications/Training – Required to Apply
    • UEFA B Goalkeeper (minimum)
    • UEFA Level 2 (minimum)
    • FA Youth Modules 1 & 2 (included in new Level 2)
    • FA Level 1 First Aid (IFAiF) or Level 2 First Aid (EFAiF)
    • FA Safeguarding certificate
    • FA Licensed Coaches Club member
    • Current FA DBS check
    • Previous experience of coaching girls and\or at an elite level desirable
    • Be able to travel independently.
    • Understanding of the FA Girls Talent Pathway

For £10 an hour. 
    The list of requirements points to this being for the junior teams.
  • Kim Dixson has posted on Twitter that she is looking for a new challenge.

Good luck Kim wherever it takes you.
  • Goods news on a Friday, whatever next ? 😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Was always a crazy idea, I see today Steve Adamanson has left as well.
  • edited June 2022
    shirty5 said:

Scoop for young Natasha there.
    She has some good contacts
  • edited June 2022
    Delusional that the FA would allow it in any case, let along a summer where they are hosting a major women tournament 
  • cafc999 said:
    shirty5 said:

Scoop for young Natasha there.
    She has some good contacts
    So I understand 
  • Interesting and pleasantly surprised by the FA. 
  • Interesting that this was the headline 

Tom Cruse appointed Women's Academy Technical Director

• shirty5 said:

I Bet we have not heard the last of this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Crusty54 said:
    Interesting that this was the headline 

Tom Cruse appointed Women's Academy Technical Director

Sounds like a tough role….,you could say mission impossible!

but If we can get the cocktail right it shouldn’t be too much risky business
  • First game he felt the need for speed and now facing a 6-month drug ban...
  • Utterly utterly bizarre.

Putting aside any consideration around whether it is actually the correct thing to do, this was always far far behind literally hundreds of other tasks that should have been prioritised.

There's a lot I want to like about TS and some things I do but his decision-making (including if we are honest in buying us in the first place in the structure and at the pace he did) is something I struggle to comprehend a lot of the time.

Hopefully this is a line through it and time to refocus and re-prioritise and not the start of some ridiculous doubling-down exercise.
    Totally with you on this & the issue of prioritising. 

Glad you posted it, not me, though, so thanks ! 
  • Great result and also pretty funny!
  • Ah the little loves...
  • edited June 2022
    It's a shame that the achievement of incorporating the women's team into the club and turning them professional has been tarnished to some degree by this episode.

Hopefully TS will not now contest the decision, although he'd have to write off any cost already incurred in the rebranding, money which would have been better used for less misguided initiatives.

If he does contest it, he will have chosen the wrong issue to make a stand on imo due to the negative messaging surrounding it.

That said, tbh, I wasn't aware that the term was considered outdated  before this came up, and have always begun my speeches "Ladies & Gentlemen," not realizing some might take offence. Not all though and my wife says she doesn't have an issue with it.

Perhaps it's more a generational thing. As one of my favourite characters from Heartbeat, Claude Jeremiah Greengrass used to say often, "I'm nearly an old age pensioner now you know!"

Doh, apologies for that. it's Senior Citizen now isn't it, or is that now 'so last year' too. I give up. It's all so confusing nowadays 🤔