Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin Sandgaard taking on role in player recruitment, replacing Ged Roddy

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    995632 said:
    Chunes said:
    Sandgaard obviously felt that he wasn't in the loop enough with Roddy involved and has put in someone who will report back better. There were issues with our summer recruitment that were rooted in a lack of good communication between all parties. 
    Source?
    This is something that Bowyer was unhappy about saying that we didn't move fast enough to get a few deals done and lost out on players to other teams because of it. Could well be that the time difference between Colorado and London has caused issues for confirmation of the go-ahead for signings. Having someone TS implicitly trusts (evidently not GR) can only be a good thing as you'd imagine that MS would have the approval to move ahead with a deal if the situation arises. 

People saying what skills does he have that are transferable - manufacturing and supply chain management for a massive medical company probably means he can sort and improve processes and source key elements to produce products, I'd hazard a guess that would include analysing data to a high level and putting together best cases for options on relevant products etc.? 

Source?

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/we-didnt-move-fast-enough-as-a-club-charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-frustrated-after-addicks-fail-to-sign-player-in-time-for-peterborough-clash/

We didn’t move fast enough as a club – Charlton boss Lee Bowyer frustrated after Addicks fail to sign player in time for Peterborough clash

BY LOUIS MENDEZ

Charlton boss Lee Bowyer has expressed his frustration after the club were unable to get a new signing over the line in time for Tuesday’s defeat at Peterborough United.

The Addicks manager was hoping to add another body to his squad before the trip to London Road – that the South Londoners lost 2-1.

Bowyer was hoping to start a new signing for the top six clash but says the Addicks didn’t move quickly enough to make it happen.

Speaking afterwards, Bowyer explained: “He would have started. It disappoints me because it would have made us stronger. Like I’ve said before, the players we’re looking to bring in are going to improve us. We’ve brought Ronnie (Schwartz) in and Liam (Millar) and I think everyone will agree they’ve improved us as a squad.

“The player we were hoping to get through the door would have made us better. That’s frustrating for me, but again, the hand that I’m dealt. This is what I have to do, keep trying to get the best out of the hand I’m dealt. That’s what I’m doing. Me and my team behind the scenes, we work extremely hard to drag everything out of every player. I will continue to do that.

“I don’t want to go into too much detail but the reason why we couldn’t get the lad through is because we didn’t really move quick enough on it. The player is still available now but we could have got it done before now because the player was ready to leave to come down. Obviously, us as a football club we didn’t move quick enough.”

That good enough for you? 

• Options
    995632 said:
    995632 said:
    Chunes said:
    Sandgaard obviously felt that he wasn't in the loop enough with Roddy involved and has put in someone who will report back better. There were issues with our summer recruitment that were rooted in a lack of good communication between all parties. 
    Source?
    This is something that Bowyer was unhappy about saying that we didn't move fast enough to get a few deals done and lost out on players to other teams because of it. Could well be that the time difference between Colorado and London has caused issues for confirmation of the go-ahead for signings. Having someone TS implicitly trusts (evidently not GR) can only be a good thing as you'd imagine that MS would have the approval to move ahead with a deal if the situation arises. 

People saying what skills does he have that are transferable - manufacturing and supply chain management for a massive medical company probably means he can sort and improve processes and source key elements to produce products, I'd hazard a guess that would include analysing data to a high level and putting together best cases for options on relevant products etc.? 

Source?

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/we-didnt-move-fast-enough-as-a-club-charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-frustrated-after-addicks-fail-to-sign-player-in-time-for-peterborough-clash/

We didn’t move fast enough as a club – Charlton boss Lee Bowyer frustrated after Addicks fail to sign player in time for Peterborough clash

BY LOUIS MENDEZ

Charlton boss Lee Bowyer has expressed his frustration after the club were unable to get a new signing over the line in time for Tuesday’s defeat at Peterborough United.

The Addicks manager was hoping to add another body to his squad before the trip to London Road – that the South Londoners lost 2-1.

Bowyer was hoping to start a new signing for the top six clash but says the Addicks didn’t move quickly enough to make it happen.

Speaking afterwards, Bowyer explained: “He would have started. It disappoints me because it would have made us stronger. Like I’ve said before, the players we’re looking to bring in are going to improve us. We’ve brought Ronnie (Schwartz) in and Liam (Millar) and I think everyone will agree they’ve improved us as a squad.

“The player we were hoping to get through the door would have made us better. That’s frustrating for me, but again, the hand that I’m dealt. This is what I have to do, keep trying to get the best out of the hand I’m dealt. That’s what I’m doing. Me and my team behind the scenes, we work extremely hard to drag everything out of every player. I will continue to do that.

“I don’t want to go into too much detail but the reason why we couldn’t get the lad through is because we didn’t really move quick enough on it. The player is still available now but we could have got it done before now because the player was ready to leave to come down. Obviously, us as a football club we didn’t move quick enough.”

Not really.... 

You said "a few deals", Bowyer said "a new signing"
    You said "lost out to other teams" Bowyer said "the player is still available"
    You said it "could well be the time difference", Bowyer said "we didn't really move quick enough".

So nothing that you said happened is backed up by the article you are using to prove it...

Anyway, Adkins has gone, Jackson's in, we are improving, and it's Christmas Day...Have a good one  :)

• Options
    So since he's started his role, any updates from inside the club about how he's started? 

Been through a January window, how involved was he in the decisions made and targets chosen? 
  • Options
    995632 said:
    995632 said:
    Chunes said:
    Source?

Source?

BY LOUIS MENDEZ

I gave up reading for laughing when I read the line “Schwartz and Millar have improved our squad” 

Comedy Gold
  • Options
    995632 said:
    995632 said:
    Chunes said:
    Source?

Source?

BY LOUIS MENDEZ

I gave up reading for laughing when I read the line “Schwartz and Millar have improved our squad” 

Comedy Gold
  • Options
    995632 said:
    995632 said:
    Chunes said:
    Source?

Source?

BY LOUIS MENDEZ

Comedy Gold
    Millar 100% improved our squad, Schwartz however ....
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Chunes said:
    Millar was a good player...
    The lack of Millar, JFC and Gilbey was the big reason 433 worked last season and didn't work this season.

Not the only one, but a big one. 
  • Options
    995632 said:
    995632 said:
    Chunes said:
    Source?

Source?

BY LOUIS MENDEZ

Comedy Gold
    Millar 100% improved our squad, Schwartz however ....
    100%......I would not go that far. Like all our players he was too inconsistent, one good 45 minutes followed by missing in action for the next couple of games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played 21 times for Basel this season. Five goals. I think he’s doing alright.
  • Options
    Decent equalising goal away at Young Boys, 4:15 https://youtu.be/MNVRcTeQ4gM
  • Options
    Very tidy finish. 
  • Options
    So since he's started his role, any updates from inside the club about how he's started? 

Been through a January window, how involved was he in the decisions made and targets chosen? 
    None …. As it’s been said he part of the team that works under SG 
  • Options
    Played 21 times for Basel this season. Five goals. I think he’s doing alright.

Regular starter for Canada too, who are flying through WC Qualification and are up to their highest ever world ranking.
  • Options
    I thought he was a decent player, let’s be honest most wingers outside the top European clubs are inconsistent. 
  • Options
    Decent equalising goal away at Young Boys, 4:15 https://youtu.be/MNVRcTeQ4gM
    Credit Suisse? Now we know what the dirty money’s being used for. 
  • Options
    quality rather than quantity is exactly right - let the dead wood go and bring in 'solid citizens' - other ream's best player's with histories of not getting injured - ok so we may want to try and sign a couple of investments who may turn a profit later but this summer has to be about improving the first team and getting up 
  • Options
    As an aside, those are 4 cracking players Harris brought in at Millwall -  Jed Wallace, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper and Shaun Hutchinson

The sort of "proper" players Curbs brought in back in the 90s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    I appreciate that the ideal solution is to have a strong CEO. But in terms of the playing side of things, surely there is a formula that ought to work. Appoint a manager that is reasonable and knows what he is doing and support him. Not fart about with structures and ways of playing that constrain the manager. That person can be Thomas' son or the cleaner, as long as they don't dictate to the manager. Jacko deserves the support and time to get it right without interference.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Am I missing something? That's a four day old match report dressed up as news. The only direct quote I could see was from the opposition manager.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    As an aside, those are 4 cracking players Harris brought in at Millwall -  Jed Wallace, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper and Shaun Hutchinson

The sort of "proper" players Curbs brought in back in the 90s
    Unfortunately, the overriding problem is that we are in League 1……..not in The Championship.
    Yes, there are some excellent players out there who might be tempted to join a League1 club but let’s be honest, they are pretty limited in number.
    You have also to offset the cost of living in the South East….this is not to be overlooked by any means.
    A player from outside the region has to look at that very closely and how far his money goes as compared to where he is currently, especially if he has a young family to think of.
    I’d have thought London clubs from the lower leagues will surely have to cough up extra salary to compensate.
    Does that make sense…..I think so?
  • Options
    We have brought in the right quality under both Powell and Bowyer without really splashing that much cash so it must be possible. 
  • Options
    Is the hard shooter still with us? 
  • Options
    Not according to this which I shared on the rumours thread.

• Options
    No surprise to find a Twitter account called CAFC MEMES AND OPINIONS isn’t reliable. 

Martin is still analysing players but according to Storrie it’s Holden who makes the decision on who to sign.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/storrie-takeover-process-and-summer-transfer-window

HA asked about Martin Sandgaard (MS). PS said MS is still at the club on the analysis side. He said he (PS) sits as the controlling name in the SPA. HA asked if MS was still identifying players. PS said he was still involved and his role is in analysis of players rather than who the player is. He said the identification of the players is Dean Holden – he said Dean Holden decides which players he wants to bring in to the club and then it goes through the process.