Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++Juan Castillo signs on loan till end of season++

Comments

• Options
    He might be speedy but can he actually defend? 
    Not the job of a wingback apparently. 
  • Options
    Probably about 5 months too late but hopefully a decent signing for the rest of the season. 

Perhaps if it works out we'll be able to have him back next season for the whole year. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Will be interesting to see him in action.....I wonder if he goes straight in tomorrow. Won't comment until I see him a few times but the loan move is only worth it if he helps keeps us up and/or is here next season. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Ajax Youth to Chelsea....I'd say he got something about him
  • Options
    Wonder whether Gallen asked Chuks for a second opinion, would have seen him in training presumably.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You'd think Charlton fans of all people would be able to take Bowyer's criticisms of players with a hefty pinch of salt 
    Only when they go on 14 chips 
  • Options
    I thought we were signing Juan Mata?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    That’s Juan, where’s the other?
    Cobian 👍🏻
  • Options
    Welcome Juan. Hopefully performs and we end up signing him. In recent seasons we desperately needed speedy full backs, it is becoming the most important position on the pitch possession wise.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing him play. Given his age and contract situation it’s Juan that could become permanent in the summer.

Right position and type of player, important we have pace and someone who offers something at both ends of the pitch. Two proper wing backs could transform us as a team. Solly and Wiggins as full backs along with Yann were our best players in our title winning season, great full/wing backs can make a huge difference. 

I expect he was a target in the summer that we missed out on.
  • Options
    Purrington came off after 63 minutes in the Crewe match and hasn't been seen since - injury????????
  • Options
    Purrington came off after 63 minutes in the Crewe match and hasn't been seen since - injury????????
    Was on the bench against Cheltenham
  • Options
    well, that's one of the two positions i knew about ticked off and i think we all know what the other one is 
  • Options
    Was on the bench against Cheltenham
    OK I'll give you that one :)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Swisdom said:

Ajax Youth to Chelsea....I'd say he got something about him

Well as Chelsea have about a thousand players on their books i will reserve judgement but I agree its looks a good pedigree.
    Juan is 22 and has just signed on loan in League 1 so his progress has been hampered at Chelsea if at 22 most of us had never heard of him and he is at the 3rd tier on loan.

I wish him well and will give him 100% support as I do every player that represents Cafc. Please don't expect Chilwell type performances every week. 

A Dutch player with a Spanish name ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we will see
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I really pleased with this signing, it actually doesn't matter much of he is any good or not.  What does matter is he is obviously here to play in a position we both play with and need at least an option for.

Add to that he can play left back, left wing back and left mid, could probably play left of a front 3 as well.  He is left footed.  He is obviously quick.  Both of those are missing in our squad so far this season.  Even our quicker players are a bit stop start.

He has good pedigree but he has also played for two people Jackson knows in the last 3 seasons (I think he played for Pardew and Powell in Holland?).  

He is out of contract in the summer so there is no harm on having a look see now. 

Most of all this smacks of a manager signing a player he needs and wants, not one he is given, that hasn't been the case in the last 2 windows.  It needs to happen more.

It's about time we had a manager and let him manage. 
    I'm disagree strongly with that!
    Well it doesn't in the sense that even if he is Roberto Carlos we aren't going to get in the play offs and if he is a bit pants it won't mean certain doom.   It's only a loan. 

We matters more is we have signed him with a clear plan on what to do with him and it, on the face of it, addresses some serious shortcomings in our squad.  

The manager needs to be responsible for the team he puts out on a Saturday because when push comes to shove he is the one accountable.  If he is happy to delegate that responsibility fair enough, but it's still ultimately him that pays the price. 

No one cried when the last 3 managers went because ultimately they didn't win enough games.  No one questions the person that actually signs the players. 

• Options
    Hope it leads to a permanent deal in the summer, assuming it works out well for both parties. Nice to have an actual LWB. 

Wonder if it means Souare is on his way out? 
    You obviously weren't at Lincoln away earlier in the season.
  • Options
    If he improves on what we have it can only be a welcome addition so good luck Juan.

However as per other transfer windows this one is making a mockery of the "Black Box" system we are supposed to have to identify players, it is too much of a coincidence that our only two signings so far have come from Lee Bowyer at Birmingham. 

I am guessing that a black mobile to call Lee rather than the black box is the simple and cheapest option.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    well, that's one of the two positions i knew about ticked off and i think we all know what the other one is 
    Do we? 
  • Options
    Sounds like a generic name in one of the fake Pro Evo teams
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Do we? 
    position wise its been mentioned more than any other - not a striker (although that may be the 4th if it happens i guess )