Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++Juan Castillo signs on loan till end of season++

Comments

• Options
    Doesn’t sound like a long term appointment unfortunately.

• Options
    Welcome young man may you fly down the wing and be a great success here at CAFC.

PS

Whatever you do alot of people on here will still say your shite ! lol
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    “The main thing I want to do is give the manager some options, so we’ve got defensive players for the wing-back position if he wants to do that, and we’ve got attacking players for that and we’ve got that on both sides.

Wasn't Souare meant to be the attacking option down the left...
  • Options
    Getting our business done before deadline day as well. Something there's often a lot of criticism about.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    “The main thing I want to do is give the manager some options, so we’ve got defensive players for the wing-back position if he wants to do that, and we’ve got attacking players for that and we’ve got that on both sides.

I don't like this. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

He was, but not proved good enough to make the team or bench. You can work that out surely!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ross1 said:

I don't like this. 
    Don't take the things they say at face value mate  ;)
  • Options
    Was it the Jan window when Mouthall loaded up the soft drinks ? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ross1 said:

I don't like this. 
    To right I don't. 

It's unnecessary though and almost passes the buck. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ross1 said:

I don't like this. 
    To right I don't. 

I don't particularly read it in the same way at all - perhaps the phrasing could've been better but them having distinct roles and responsibilities surely doens't come as a surprise.

Gallen's job is to find the players and bring them in and it's Jacko's job to use them in the best way to achieve results. If he can't, then that will fall onto his shoulders if the players are deemed good enough or it will fall on Gallen's shoulders if the players are not good enough.
  • Options
    Looks like he can put in a decent cross in on the run, with none of this stop, cut back & dither stuff. He's got 3 months to impress............
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Twice Gallen mentions that we need to get him fit. Seeing as it's only a short term loan, should we not have gotten someone ready top play immediately?

Ideally yes but how often does a L1 January signing when you’re mid table tick all the boxes?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Bless. He's trying.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ross1 said:

I don't like this. 
    To right I don't. 

I don't particularly read it in the same way at all - perhaps the phrasing could've been better but them having distinct roles and responsibilities surely doens't come as a surprise.

Gallen's job is to find the players and bring them in and it's Jacko's job to use them in the best way to achieve results. If he can't, then that will fall onto his shoulders if the players are deemed good enough or it will fall on Gallen's shoulders if the players are not good enough.
    Is it though?  In the summer we were told it was Roddy and "his team" that found the players, then 4 people had to agree, then Gallen went and did the deal.

It never falls on anyone's shoulders than the manager.  Since Gallen has been here we are on the 4th manager, the other 3 either were sacked or were close to it, yet no one blames Gallen.... 

If we have another, let's say 5, poor performances the "has Jackson really got it" thread will start well before the "has Gallen's time come" one.*

*other thread names are available. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely zero chance he signs here permanently at the end of the season. 

He’s got great pedigree and if he has a half decent second half of the season, a bigger club will take him.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    He’s got an identical twin called Jamall but no one can tell them apart. Once you’ve seen Juan, you’ve seen Jamall
    Are you here all week?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    ross1 said:

He was, but not proved good enough to make the team or bench. You can work that out surely!?
    The problem is, you can't keep adding in new players every window for the same positions, or you end up with a bloated and unbalanced squad

They had Souare on trail, so it's not as if he was an unknown quantity when he was signed.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Scoham said:
    Croydon said:
    Twice Gallen mentions that we need to get him fit. Seeing as it's only a short term loan, should we not have gotten someone ready top play immediately?

Ideally yes but how often does a L1 January signing when you’re mid table tick all the boxes?
    I don't think it's asking much to sign players that are ready to play though. No matter what level we're at.
    It’s balancing that with everything else, the cost, the chance of bringing a loanee back next season, who else is available and when etc.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    ross1 said:

The problem is, you can't keep adding in new players every window for the same positions, or you end up with a bloated and unbalanced squad

They had Souare on trail, so it's not as if he was an unknown quantity when he was signed.
    Did we actually have him on trial or was he just training with us before he signed?

A subtle difference but Gallen is on record as saying we didn't sign another left back because we knew he was available/coming in.  By then the window was shut so it was either Souare or no one. 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    _MrDick said:
    He’s got an identical twin called Jamall but no one can tell them apart. Once you’ve seen Juan, you’ve seen Jamall
    Are you here all week?
    Nah... He's only here the Juan night only...
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Ajax Youth to Chelsea....I'd say he got something about him

Well as Chelsea have about a thousand players on their books i will reserve judgement but I agree its looks a good pedigree.
    Juan is 22 and has just signed on loan in League 1 so his progress has been hampered at Chelsea if at 22 most of us had never heard of him and he is at the 3rd tier on loan.

I wish him well and will give him 100% support as I do every player that represents Cafc. Please don't expect Chilwell type performances every week. 

A Dutch player with a Spanish name ?

Juan Castillo paternal side is from the  Dominican Republic.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    That 'Up the Addicks' bit didn't do Ronnie Scwartz any favours.
  • Options
    Does this mean Papa or Purry are moving on in January?
  • Options
    Looks like he can put in a decent cross in on the run, with none of this stop, cut back & dither stuff. He's got 3 months to impress............
    Think he may need longer with you...