Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++Juan Castillo signs on loan till end of season++

Comments

• Options
    If only we could re-sign Pawel Abbott we could have..............Abbott & Castillo in the side.

The only double act I want is little and large up front in a two. 
  • Options
    Can he played RWB too? Feels like that's the bigger priority for me. Purrington has done alright down the left.
  • Options
    Does the fabled black box just contain ex players, people called Matt Smith and "young Chelsea left backs"
  • Options
    In all seriousness though I hope he does well and ends up earning a contract with us, but if that's not the end goal then I'm a bit baffled as to the point of this transfer
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    In all seriousness though I hope he does well and ends up earning a contract with us, but if that's not the end goal then I'm a bit baffled as to the point of this transfer
    Even if it doesn't end in him signing it could help prove proof of concept and target a player like him, else it could help prove that this is a silly idea and let's never mention it again. 

Either way this is an almost risk free deal. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Signed in time for tomorrow, unlikely to start if Purrington is available, and be on the bench, however would expect to see some game time, and look forward to seeing what we have got.. B)
  • Options
    We were told a signing was near and it was a bit left field !

Pleased the info from Richard Cawley is accurate.

• Options
    Sounds like a generic name in one of the fake Pro Evo teams
    Or that promising young striker you sign for £10m 20 seasons into an FM save
  • Options
    We were told a signing was near and it was a bit left field !

Pleased the info from Richard Cawley is accurate.

Cawley ? I refer that to the intheknowrumopoloy board 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 Chelsea LWB (attacking full backs) came to Charlton.
    Ian Maatsen ( Dutch with a Scottish 1st name)
    Jay Dasilva  (English with a Portuguese name)
    Juan Castillo ( Dutch with Spanish name)

The name I don't like is Chelsea ! 
  • Options
    Feel like this is a make or break transfer window for SG.
  • Options
    and he wears gloves!!! - he's very inpressed by our fans and atmosphere though so hopefully the Valley can propel him to heights that St Andrews and Stamford Bridge couldn't !!!!...  
  • Options
    In all seriousness though, welcome aboard Juan and best of luck 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    To an extent, but he can only do what he can within what is almost certainly a very tight budget .. and he is helpless if other clubs make better offers for players he fancies .. what is really needed is a clearing out of our under or non performing players to both release funds and to really show which areas of the team/squad need strengthening 
  • Options
    To and extent, but he can only do what he can within what is almost certainly a very tight budget .. and he is helpless if other clubs make better offers for players he fancies .. what is really needed is a clearing out of our under or non performing players to both release funds and to really show which areas of the team/squad need strengthening 
    You mean the ones Gallen signed?

Gets the credit for the good ones..... 
  • Options
    "There's only Juan Castillo. 
    Juan Castiiiii-lo.  
    There's only Juan Castillo. 
    Juan Castillo..."
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    To and extent, but he can only do what he can within what is almost certainly a very tight budget .. and he is helpless if other clubs make better offers for players he fancies .. what is really needed is a clearing out of our under or non performing players to both release funds and to really show which areas of the team/squad need strengthening 
    You mean the ones Gallen signed?

Gets the credit for the good ones..... 
    Yes, by this point he's got to be held at least a bit responsible. There are mitigating factors of course but as you say, we can't say "all good signings were Gallen and all bad ones TS/Roddy/Black Box." 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Presumably we might attack down that side now.  
  • Options
    In his interview with Sports Illustrated on 16th Jan, Bowyer wished Juan well, but commented that he currently has Covid.  -  Well, at least its not an 'injury' in the usual sense! 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    May i be the first?

Juan Castillo
    There's only 
    Juan Castillo
    Juan Casti....llo...

(EDIT)  Blast!  Should read the thread first!
  • Options
    Sounds like the sort of player we should be in for. Welcome Juan .
  • Options
    SeaBayRed said:
    In his interview with Sports Illustrated on 16th Jan, Bowyer wished Juan well, but commented that he currently has Covid.  -  Well, at least its not an 'injury' in the usual sense! 
    your first 'like' after all these years  :)
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    'Just the Jaun Castillo,
    Give it to me,
    Delicious whipped cross
    from Chelelelseeeeeaaaa'
  • Options
    He's had the pleasure of being subbed by Bowyer at half time. 

Bet he wozunt listening 2 him.