Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++Juan Castillo signs on loan till end of season++

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Where is he?

Injured or have they realised he's not up to it?
    Charlton have never wanted Castillo. Bowyer wanted shot of him and Chelsea wouldn’t take him back. We wanted Aneke. Do the maths.
    Poor bloke . A player that all three teams doesn’t want  . He must feel great about that 
    I wouldn’t feel too sorry for him…

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/lee-bowyer-delivers-birmingham-city-verdict-on-chelseas-juan-castillo-and-his-future/amp/

Bowyer revealed his thoughts to Birmingham Live, saying: “When he (Castillo) first came he was overweight, couldn’t run, broke down in the first week or two of pre-season because he was out of shape.”
    The end of that article....

"Major credit has to go to Castillo for working his way to match fitness and not giving up, because it must have been demoralising seeing academy stars and an attacking midfielder in McGree get in the starting lineup over him."

Major credit for getting fit and trying to get in the team, seriously? As Roy Keane would say 'that's his job'.

• Options
    Must be utter shite if he can’t get near the current Charlton first team.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Where is he?

Charlton have never wanted Castillo. Bowyer wanted shot of him and Chelsea wouldn’t take him back. We wanted Aneke. Do the maths.
    What’s the explanation for Nile John?
    Don’t think the club expected to get both him and Fraser. That doesn’t really explain why we won’t use him now.
  • Options
    So much for Bowyer loving Charlton. He forced us to accept a known dud because he knew we were desperate for Chuks. Personally I’d have told him to eff right off. He’s fecked us right over. I doubt Castillo is costing very much but whatever it is it’s better spent elsewhere. Unbelievable. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Where is he?

Spurs sold us down the river.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Having seen him play for the under 23s a couple of weeks ago I couldn't believe he wasn't in the team yesterday (or at least on the bench).

He is fit and strong now. Good runs and crosses. Good inswinging corners with his left foot. Defended well too against a strong Norwich side.
    Let’s hope he gets a look in along with John now. Can hardly do worse than what we’re currently picking.
  • Options
    I guess with 3 x CBS on the bench and purrington playing JJ thought he could cover left wing back. 

Still dont get why there were 3xCB’s on the bench though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Where is he?

It's compulsory for us to sign a young PL midfielder in January, that never plays

Nile follows in the footsteps of the 2 Matt Smiths
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Having seen him play for the under 23s a couple of weeks ago I couldn't believe he wasn't in the team yesterday (or at least on the bench).

He is fit and strong now. Good runs and crosses. Good inswinging corners with his left foot. Defended well too against a strong Norwich side.
    Exactly the type of player that the management don’t like. To get in the first team you have to be prone to injury, ponderous, let your opponent run at you unchallenged and be able to pass the ball out of play. 
  • Options
    In the U23 game they both played in Castillo was better than John.
  • Options
    Where is he?

Not doubting this info at all but if it’s true then the club really do need to take a look at its recruitment policy. That’s a terrible situation. Quite unbelievable 
    I would say it’s very believable SHG, something is very wrong with our recruitment policy, very wrong.
  • Options
    Where is he?

Jesus...what a shambles.
  • Options
    Nile John looked totally lost in the Norwich under 23 game.
  • Options
    Where is he?

I would do the maths on this but they don't add up at all. 
  • Options
    Interesting that he starts tonight. 
  • Options
    Can't cross evidently
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Can't cross evidently
    Defends well enough, passing is fine. He's no Maatsen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

Exactly the type of player that the management don’t like. To get in the first team you have to be prone to injury, ponderous, let your opponent run at you unchallenged and be able to pass the ball out of play. 
    Good joke that
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Can't cross evidently
    Defends wellnajsnhia passing is fine. He's no Maatsen.
    Can always tell the mark of a player by how they wellnajsnhia
    Is that Dutch for not getting any crosses in?
  • Options
    Heavy and unfit. Not a good combination for a professional footballer. 

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Disagree. I think he lacked confidence in doing what he wanted to do naturally but it was an ok debut.
    Did ok in the circumstances. Let’s hope that he doesn’t look in the direction of his captain for inspiration.
  • Options
    He can go back
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Good joke that
    Thanks
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Disagree. I think he lacked confidence in doing what he wanted to do naturally but it was an ok debut.
    Some of Morgan's passes to him were awful. He ignored him for much of the game.
  • Options
    He looked out of his depth and lacking confidence to me but I don't think this was the right game to give him a full debut. There was always going to be too much pressure on him. I think we should have played the more experienced Purrington for this one.