Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++Juan Castillo signs on loan till end of season++

123457»

Comments

• Options
    I thought he did ok for a youth player and that is what he is.
  • Options
    The problems last night were not down to Castillo.
    He was not a liability last night, Gilbey and Morgan posed more risk to our ability to withstand MKD.
    I thought Gilbey was especially useless.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Thought he did ok, under the circumstances.
    I think we're prone to getting a bit hysterical when things are going wrong, and some of the criticism of his performance on the post match thread, and low marks on the player's marks thread, were a bit OTT.
  • Options
    Thought he looked a bit nondescript and unadventurous until late on when he decided to try and take people on.
    Too early to make a definitive judgement on him, but I'd mark him 5 or 6 on last night's showing
  • Options
    Thought he looked a bit nondescript and unadventurous until late on when he decided to try and take people on.
    Too early to make a definitive judgement on him, but I'd mark him 5 or 6 on last night's showing
    He got better after Lee came on and created more space.

Watched him in the under 23s and he got forward and crossed well including an assist.

Also took good right wing corners. Left foot inswingers.
  • Options
    Wasn't particularly impressed. That said, he sure likes to get the ball and go backwards with it, so I'm sure he'll fit in fine.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Wasn't particularly impressed. That said, he sure likes to get the ball and go backwards with it, so I'm sure he'll fit in fine.
    It's quite hard to go forwards when they pass the ball behind you.
  • Options
    He was Ok last night. Nothing special but far from a disaster.

I'll tell you one thing though. (And don't forget you heard it here first!) He won't break into the Chelsea first team.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    He can go back
    That's what he done every time he got the ball last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:
    I thought he did ok for a youth player and that is what he is.
    Is he still considered a youth player though? He's 22 not 18, and he's already been playing senior football for 3 years.
  • Options
    I thought he was ok, just lacking in confidence from time to time. Can’t really blame him for that given what was going on elsewhere on the pitch.
  • Options
    And unlike some of our players it appears he can actually trap a ball.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Having seen him play for the under 23s a couple of weeks ago I couldn't believe he wasn't in the team yesterday (or at least on the bench).

He is fit and strong now. Good runs and crosses. Good inswinging corners with his left foot. Defended well too against a strong Norwich side.
    Exactly the type of player that the management don’t like. To get in the first team you have to be prone to injury, ponderous, let your opponent run at you unchallenged and be able to pass the ball out of play. 
    Good joke that
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Having seen him play for the under 23s a couple of weeks ago I couldn't believe he wasn't in the team yesterday (or at least on the bench).

He is fit and strong now. Good runs and crosses. Good inswinging corners with his left foot. Defended well too against a strong Norwich side.
    Exactly the type of player that the management don’t like. To get in the first team you have to be prone to injury, ponderous, let your opponent run at you unchallenged and be able to pass the ball out of play. 
    Good joke that
    Yeah, you’ve said that twice. Thanks again.
  • Options
    He won’t be at Chelsea beyond the summer. He’ll be released and likely to go back to Holland at a smaller club in the Eredivisie or second tier.
  • Options
    When Dasilva and Maatsen first played for us, they immediately showed attacking flair on another level to our existing full backs. Indeed for a young full back, attacking flair is usually easier to master than the defensive side

Castillo showed none of that individual flair
  • Options
    he did ok but barring Dobson that is about the limit of any of our players atm - just another body in s sea of average 
  • Options
    I hope he starts the next few games and gets the chance to show what he can do.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Heavy and unfit. Not a good combination for a professional footballer. 

Disagree. I think he lacked confidence in doing what he wanted to do naturally but it was an ok debut.
    Some of Morgan's passes to him were awful. He ignored him for much of the game.
    Because Morgan wanted to do the 40 yard cross field ball.....his decision making is poor TBH
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    When Dasilva and Maatsen first played for us, they immediately showed attacking flair on another level to our existing full backs. Indeed for a young full back, attacking flair is usually easier to master than the defensive side

Castillo showed none of that individual flair
    Right now I’ll settle for someone who can at least play a bit. He’s hardly had a proper run in the side, and playing against a fairly rampant MK Dons side is probably not the ideal occasion to be trying to show off your attacking flair, unfortunately. I’d like to see a bit more of him before judging. 
    Must be pretty difficult playing when the atmosphere is turning toxic (‘we’re effing sh1t’ song can’t help) and the club’s on a losing run.
    I think we as fans need to be a bit more patient sometimes.