Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Comments

• Options
    Credit to Hartlepool. They deserved it.

But that had to be the worst performance of the season, including some of the dross we saw under Adkins.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Even if we win, there's a good number of these players that haven't done enough to keep their shirts tonight, but will because... Who else?
    Exactly, wasn't far off the first XI.
     Off the top of my head, Washington, Matthews, Watson, Famewo, Pearce, Leko all poor tonight.
    Bump for the lynchings.
  • Options
    This team just can’t get going! 
    No spark, no fight and seemingly no ‘team work’ - a lot of individuals tonight! 

Season has been over for weeks, but bloody frustrating…

sent the loans back (Leko is terrible, Lee off the boil etc) and just blood some youngsters! 
    Instil some fucking pride into this team 
  • Options
    My first comment on our performance all night. 

We are crap. 

A strong team totally outplayed by a team in the league below. 

With this team we are so far off mounting a promotion challenge next season it is embarrassing. 
  • Options
    All 3 home sides through so far tonight 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    That just about sums our season up. Absolutely woeful. Just clear the decks and start again….again 
  • Options
    At least we can concentrate on the league now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Burstow continues to develop. 

That.Is.All. 
  • Options
    We're a fucking shambles, didn't deserve anything from that to be fair. Pathetic performance.

He wasn't the only bad player but Watson should never play for us again.

Knew it wouldn't be easy given Hartlepool's cup results this season but i at least expected us to put in a performance. Outplayed by a team in the bottom half of league 2 says it all.
  • Options
    Awful performance. One of those where you think we need a major clear out. We were outplayed by a League Two outfit that had a few players who seemed better than ours. Can't think of any pluses from the game.
  • Options
    Absolute embarrassment on the standard shown. Those so called professional players should give up their day job. Be honest with themselves and say that it would be better to make a honest living being a Plummer/sparky or whatever. I’ve seen better standard of football displayed on Hackney marshes on a cold Sunday morning! Its not the losing that pisses me off, but i do question what makes a professional footballer that can’t pass the ball, that cant be aware of players, that can’t be bothered to block shots, cant control a ball, just hoofs it up hoping for the best. As Madonna says, Papa don’t preach we’re in trouble boy (or something like that as Madonna is shyte too!).
  • Options
    Deserved win for Hartlepool. Poor performance from us again. Not sure Lee should’ve taken a penalty - came on as a late substitute and out of form. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Feel for Lee right now. No lack of effort form him but nothing is coming off for him. 

Glad we’re out to be honest. Snobbery or otherwise but being in the competition just rubs in what a shit level we are at right now. Sadly, we’re precisely where we deserve to be. 
    Because he's not as good as he or many of our fans think.
    But the same things were coming off for him earlier this season which tells you he is better than his current slump. His “level” perhaps lies between the two, but he’s better than this. Players go through spells like this, unfortunately. 
  • Options
    I think that end of season contract for Jacko is about right.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Valley11 said:
    Burstow continues to develop. 

That.Is.All. 
    He will develop himself right out of the door at the end of the season.  If not the end of January.
  • Options
    Complete clear out needed, this mob will never get us promoted. There is a reason the likes of Lee, Leko, CBT etc are at our club, 

Because we only sign the leftovers the other clubs don’t want.
    Works for other sides around this level.