Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Comments

• Options
    They looked better footballers pretty much each and every Hartlepool player.  Moved forward with intent, had a clue what to do with the ball and looked comfortable on it. 

Very concerning given that is essentially our strongest side bar one or two.  

• Options
    Agree with the comments re Watson,hes just here for a payday,absolutely useless tonight. Send Leko back,he's been shit all season,Lee is just plain knackered i think,it's the only excuse i can think to give him right now. Just rounds off another joyless season.
  • Options
    Well, I’m not really bothered by going out of the pizza cup, though I did enjoy watching all the games. Felt like a breath of fresh air from our seasons woes to be honest.

However following on from our recent run of form and our Fleetwood performance, I am really worried about that performance especially with the first team we had out there today. I just don’t see any encouraging signs from this coaching set up that even if we get ‘better’ players ‘who care’ that we are going to see an upturn in performances. 

There’s so much wrong currently, but firstly I really think JJ needs to look at the formation, or have some sort of alternative in mind, because every team we play against now just play compact, push a front 3 against our back 3, and when it goes out to the wing backs, end up doubling up on them, and rinse and repeat the same tactic when it goes back to our defence and back across to the other wing back. 

• Options
    Only saw the second half but we were utterly dire - look like a pub team. We have so many poor players.

H'pool outplayed us and we would struggle in L2. We were clueless.
  • Options
    So many thick as shit players, Watson, Leko, Lee for staters.

As a team we simply can’t mark or find a decent forward pass. We are not a team we are a bunch of blokes that have been put together like they have never met before.

WTF is going on at our club
    I’d send Leko and Lee back to their clubs.  They have been pony for weeks. 
    Luton don’t want Lee back, trying to get us to sign him on a perm, they are not silly.
  • Options
    Hope the team coach gets stuck in traffic on the way home. My liking of them lasted for about 2 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So many thick as shit players, Watson, Leko, Lee for staters.

As a team we simply can’t mark or find a decent forward pass. We are not a team we are a bunch of blokes that have been put together like they have never met before.

WTF is going on at our club
    I’d send Leko and Lee back to their clubs.  They have been pony for weeks. 
    Agreed, i'd actually rather we played a couple of the U23s instead.
  • Options
    MacG was so flat footed on the penalties......not jumping up and down......never get near one of them.....
  • Options
    Truly awful defensive display and a very poor team effort. Just knew Lee was going to miss his penalty. The best team won. Agree with earlier posts re under performing loan players ..  send them back and blood our youngsters.
  • Options
    Very poor and soo predictable. No cohesion, calmness on the ball or fight. My sons first game we lost to Wycombe - won't be pushing him into supporting anyone, or going again.
  • Options
    I say it every season we are in League 1 -  I hate this competition & haven't seen a single game since the Prem teams entered into it. Waste of time

• Options
    Didn't hear much about pools using dodgy tactics so I guess they played a fair game?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Croydon said:
    Yay... Here comes the childish abuse, for a competition no one wanted us to be in prior to the first game :D
    What do you expect? The one chance this season had to redeem itself, and we've been outplayed by a team 16th in the league below us. This season has been a fucking shambles from start to finish and fans have every right to be angry. 
    Its pathetic though the reaction

Even more so when you look back at that first Group game

No one gives a shit about this competition, so dont pretend to suddenly care when we get somewhere - Either give a shit from the beginning, or not at all
    Is your full username Forever Addickted to spouting drivel?!

Jackson was the one that was talking up this game, the cup and his players, and they haven't turned up. 

Doesn't matter if supporters gave a shit about this game or not, the players are the ones who need to give a shit, and they clearly didn't, and that's not good enough, wherever the game is played and whatever competition it's in
    Chortle... So whitty - Grow the hell up
  • Options
    Disgraceful performance- out played and out fought by a L2 team. Jacko must be worried about his performance based contract if that’s the best he can get out of the squad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sheffield Wednesday got done 3-0 at home by this outfit and so have others.
    their first Goal was down to us and so was their second, now this shit competition is over for us we can concentrate on staying in league 1 😂😂👍👍👍
  • Options
    Always looks like we have the muddy half of the pitch, but for both halves!
  • Options
    Passing was poor. Defence was poor. We never looked in control. Poor Lee.
  • Options
    Not that bothered by being knocked out, would love to go to Wembley with Charlton again, but in a competition that everyone wants to win from the start. This season has turned into a right shitter though. My main concern is the lack of flexibility in JJ’s formation/tactics. I understand him sticking with his plan if he really believes in it, but it isn’t working all of the time. Does he not trust in his squad to play a different way?, surely this will define if he’s a good manager or not, good managers tend to be able to change things with the same personnel and make it work. We will see I guess.( I’m not writing JJ off by the way, but he does have to show us a bit more).
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I say it every season we are in League 1 -  I hate this competition & haven't seen a single game since the Prem teams entered into it. Waste of time

A cup is a cup. Any trophy is worth winning at Wembley. You sound like any Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea fan claiming the League Cup is pointless, yet as soon as they get to Wembley in the final its all hands on deck! Perspective is needed. This is our level for now and a cup we have a chance of winning.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    You’ve gotta laugh really.

we have sunk to such a level of shiteness that we are all genuinely disappointed we’ve flopped out of what is widely seen as a laughing stock of a competition. One that the team 17th in League 2 rested players in.

AFKA - Ditto

I just cannot see the bottom of this. Owners, coaches and players without a single clue or the nouse to arrest this terminal slump.  Sad times.
  • Options

A cup is a cup. Any trophy is worth winning at Wembley. Perspective is needed. 
    Yep. This is our level, has been for 10 years pretty much and will be for the foreseeable probably. Its the only cup we will ever have a chance in.