Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Comments

• Options
    So many thick as shit players, Watson, Leko, Lee for staters.

As a team we simply can’t mark or find a decent forward pass. We are not a team we are a bunch of blokes that have been put together like they have never met before.

WTF is going on at our club
    I’d send Leko and Lee back to their clubs.  They have been pony for weeks. 
    Sadly I have to say I totally agree. 

I watched the youth team win their game in the FA youth cup the other night and honestly there are some kids in that team who would do better than these 2 jokers. 
  • Options
    This team can't put teams away.......2-1 up and in the ascendancy and then just put in a shit 2nd half performance
  • Options
    We won’t win a game without Dobson, is my wager 
  • Options
    and thus ends our shower of shit season. Absolute shambles  
    Season was already over... if we won the tournament, it would have been no more than a good day out at Wembley on the piss and I'd probably never have  mentioned it to anyone after unless I was being facetious 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Awful performance. One of those where you think we need a major clear out. We were outplayed by a League Two outfit that had a few players who seemed better than ours. Can't think of any pluses from the game.
    I’m not sure, I reckon some bright spark might correct me, but this could, I say could , be the furthest we’ve gone in the pizza trophy to date.
  • Options
    You’ve gotta laugh really.

we have sunk to such a level of shiteness that we are all genuinely disappointed we’ve flopped out of what is widely seen as a laughing stock of a competition. One that the team 17th in League 2 rested players in.

Would've been nice to get to Wembley, but i think most of us are more pissed off with the performance than going out of the pizza cup.

I thought we were past the days of summer clear outs, but it feels like we need another fucking overhaul.

Realistically we need to sign 2 wingbacks, a centre back (Inniss won't last a season, Pearce not good enough), a DM as cover for Dobson, 2 attacking midfielders (1 to play, 1 as backup) and perhaps even another striker.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I'm fairly sure 99% of fans want us to win every game
    Or at least TRY to win the game
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Putting the irrelevance of the competition aside, just watching what was a team full of a lot of ‘first team’ players, we are an absolute woeful, woeful outfit.

I genuinely don’t know how people can see green shoots in amongst this lot.  To the fans that went, that was a pretty insulting performance.  Surely the time has come for those amongst us to get real about a lot of these players. Stop kidding yourselves that Gilbey, Lee, Famewo, Leko, CBT, Morgan, Washington and many others are players capable of competing for promotion.  

Hartlepool absolutely deserved to go through, they were much the better side in the second half.  You can clutch at straws and say Dobson in for Watson gives us a bit more bite in midfield, but it’s a strain to watch this turgid crap that these players have served up most of this season.

It has to be a huge clear out in the summer.  I’m bored of my own repetitive posts on here when I keep repeating that, but I cannot see how people can hang onto the fact that ‘there might still be a player in Albie Morgan’ or ‘if Gilbey had better players alongside him’ etc etc.

Pathetic team.

Could maybe do with a change in formation as well.  Don’t think we’ve got the personnel for the 3-5-2 Jackson wants to play.  Just feels like we’ve been worked out now.  

Big problems, very little on the horizon in terms of solutions, lots of questions
    So little quality in our team and they just look completely disorganised. Our defending was shocking and we can barely string two passes together.

I hope they are embarrassed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m watching Birmingham now and the Standard of football in this league is just as bad Players can’t pass or Control
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Disappointing but, in truth, the better team went through. There were too many sub-standard performances across the Charlton side and a neutral would most certainly not have thought that these teams were a division apart. The amount of space we afforded Hartlepool in our final third, particularly in the second half, beggared belief and we eventually paid the price.

Good luck to Hartlepool in the semis and at Palace.

• Options
    Good luck to Hartlepool for the rest of the season and particularly this weekend

completely outfought us and should have been out of sight, would have been a robbery if we had nicked it 

fair play to the 285 hope those staying up have a good night 🍺
    Well said, agreed.
  • Options
    Sorry peeps,I sort of feel part responsible for that awful shower of shite display…littleun wanted a pizza,so the Mrs done the Uber delivery thing…Domino’s turned up…2 for 1 Tuesday ain’t it…,only good thing that came out of tonight,I got a large Meateor tomoz night as my extra one…😋😋
  • Options
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    Defence looked a shambles, midfield very predictable,...win ball, pass sideways for a bit, then back and a hoof forward from a defender. Lose possession and start again. Recycling the same pattern endlessly, so boring to watch and easy to defend against. No incisive forward passing or running at defenders from midfield. Genuinely awful performance, another tenner wasted, feel so sorry for those who travelled. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    We've been absolutely f**king dreadful in every game since Jackson got the job permanently, yes, we won Saturday, but we weren't exactly good then either.
    Fleetwood were one of the worst teams we've played this season. They are losing 3-1 at home to Plymouth tonight. 

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Putting the irrelevance of the competition aside, just watching what was a team full of a lot of ‘first team’ players, we are an absolute woeful, woeful outfit.

I genuinely don’t know how people can see green shoots in amongst this lot.  To the fans that went, that was a pretty insulting performance.  Surely the time has come for those amongst us to get real about a lot of these players. Stop kidding yourselves that Gilbey, Lee, Famewo, Leko, CBT, Morgan, Washington and many others are players capable of competing for promotion.  

Hartlepool absolutely deserved to go through, they were much the better side in the second half.  You can clutch at straws and say Dobson in for Watson gives us a bit more bite in midfield, but it’s a strain to watch this turgid crap that these players have served up most of this season.

It has to be a huge clear out in the summer.  I’m bored of my own repetitive posts on here when I keep repeating that, but I cannot see how people can hang onto the fact that ‘there might still be a player in Albie Morgan’ or ‘if Gilbey had better players alongside him’ etc etc.

Pathetic team.

Could maybe do with a change in formation as well.  Don’t think we’ve got the personnel for the 3-5-2 Jackson wants to play.  Just feels like we’ve been worked out now.  

Big problems, very little on the horizon in terms of solutions, lots of questions
    So little quality in our team and they just look completely disorganised. Our defending was shocking and we can barely string two passes together.

I hope they are embarrassed.
    They won't be. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Absolute embarrassment on the standard shown. Those so called professional players should give up their day job. Be honest with themselves and say that it would be better to make a honest living being a Plummer/sparky or whatever. I’ve seen better standard of football displayed on Hackney marshes on a cold Sunday morning! Its not the losing that pisses me off, but i do question what makes a professional footballer that can’t pass the ball, that cant be aware of players, that can’t be bothered to block shots, cant control a ball, just hoofs it up hoping for the best. As Madonna says, Papa don’t preach we’re in trouble boy (or something like that as Madonna is shyte too!).
    Spec savers moment for me, I read that and thought I don’t remember many Maradona quotes, then I thought he didn’t sing either!!!🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been worried for several games that we're becoming far too predictable. Jacko may change the names, but the opponents know our formation, indeed Jacko confirmed it on Charlton TV beforehand...Which makes it really easy to set up against us. 

AND we hardly ever seem to change things. Swap the wing backs, swap the strikers, swap the midfielders, but we hardly ever change the system to counter the opposition. Pools had a crazy number of shots tonight, yet we did nothing about it.
  • Options
    Didn't hear much about pools using dodgy tactics so I guess they played a fair game?
    They played some lovely, free flowing football.  Totally out played us.  They were helped by the fact Morgan and Watson left their midfield to do whatever they wished and our defence stood off them so much they could line up their passes and shots with ease and time to spare but credit where it is due, they played decent stuff.

When we won the ball back we simply pumped it long and down the channels.

• Options
    cazo said:
    I’m watching Birmingham now and the Standard of football in this league is just as bad Players can’t pass or Control
    That's just a standard Lee Bowyer team
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Croydon said:
    Yay... Here comes the childish abuse, for a competition no one wanted us to be in prior to the first game :D
    What do you expect? The one chance this season had to redeem itself, and we've been outplayed by a team 16th in the league below us. This season has been a fucking shambles from start to finish and fans have every right to be angry. 
    Its pathetic though the reaction

Even more so when you look back at that first Group game

No one gives a shit about this competition, so dont pretend to suddenly care when we get somewhere - Either give a shit from the beginning, or not at all
    Is your full username Forever Addickted to spouting drivel?!

Jackson was the one that was talking up this game, the cup and his players, and they haven't turned up. 

Doesn't matter if supporters gave a shit about this game or not, the players are the ones who need to give a shit, and they clearly didn't, and that's not good enough, wherever the game is played and whatever competition it's in
    Chortle... So whitty - Grow the hell up
    Sadly he is right.
    I've no issue with people disagreeing with me

Just a shame that @Sam3110 has to resort to the childish comment I highlighted

Still waiting for his response on that...
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I give up.  We are league one, and should stay up.  I don't think we are going anywhere for many years to come, unless TS gives up in 22/23 or 23/24 and we drop down.
  • Options
    Credit to Hartlepool but we were very poor tonight. Aneke getting booked again is just bonkers. Feel a bit sorry for Lee because he will get it in spades but once again our defence was pitiful. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I say it every season we are in League 1 -  I hate this competition & haven't seen a single game since the Prem teams entered into it. Waste of time

A cup is a cup. Any trophy is worth winning at Wembley. You sound like any Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea fan claiming the League Cup is pointless, yet as soon as they get to Wembley in the final its all hands on deck! Perspective is needed. This is our level for now and a cup we have a chance of winning.
    Agreed. And ask any Spurs or Arsenal fan what they think about going out in the semis of the EFL Cup. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Pathetic team.

Yup. Been saying this for months. Nail on head. 
  • Options
    Now this distraction is out of the way we can concentrate on the important business stuttering to 12th in league one over the remainder of the season. COYA!!!