Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• As Alex Hartley on the BBC said, about Sam Curran getting Rizman out

Some days you bowl shit deliveries and get wickets   :D
  • England 20/20 team seem to be all over the place at the moment. No matter what the situation batters coming in just seem to want to throw the bat at everything. Should easily have won today but once again fell apart after losing too many early wickets.

Cant see us doing much in the WC next month. 
  • I knew as soon as I laughed at Pakistan 88-6, it would be the kiss of death.

However, we should have won comfortably but Hales, Salt and Duckett played unnecessary shots in the air. 
  • England 55-1 off 4 after being 50-0 off the first 3. Shadab checking a blistering start by taking the wicket of Hales
  • England's style of aggressive white ball batting really works when you get a good start in the Powerplay. 
  • 82-1 after the power play.
  • Phil Salt. 50 off 19 
  • edited September 2022
    102-1 off 7   :D
  • 128-1 off 9
  • What a selfish individual he is
  • Sponsored links:

• Ban him from ever reviewing. Wtaf was that
  • Seriously. Which part of the stumps did he think it was missing?
  • Maybe thought it'd squeeze between them?
  • As I've said before, I've been told by a number of people in the game that he bats for himself and only himself. There's enough evidence of that out there.
  • Only 7 runs and a wicket in the last 2
  • Loving the Sensodyne ads. "We'll stick you on the telly but don't you dare lick that lolly, I wanna see gnashers"
  • All over in less than 15 overs. Brilliant, aggressive batting. 170-2. Loving this series
  • If Babar Azam's 87* off 59 balls was excellent then Salt's same score off 18 balls fewer was in another league. Pressure is on Hales now for that opening spot. 
  • It's been a good series, as a 7 match series could have turned into a tedious slog if one team had been 5-1 at this stage. Instead it'll be a good chance for both sides to show the winning mentality in the deciding match.

The Pakistan batting approach is quite old fashioned, being steady at the top of the order and relying on slogging at the end. Sometimes it works, but today they were shown up a bit
  • If Babar Azam's 87* off 59 balls was excellent then Salt's same score off 18 balls fewer was in another league. Pressure is on Hales now for that opening spot. 
    Hales should be replaced by Duckett, Hales' fielding is a liability, Duckett is a lil greyound round the field and he can catch .. won't happen of course
  • Sponsored links:

Hales should be replaced by Duckett, Hales' fielding is a liability, Duckett is a lil greyound round the field and he can catch .. won't happen of course
    Trouble is Duckett isn't in the World Cup squad. If he were, I would have him come in for Malan. Salt should open instead of Hales which would then allow Buttler to concentrate solely on captaining the side.
    Trouble is Duckett isn't in the World Cup squad. If he were, I would have him come in for Malan. Salt should open instead of Hales which would then allow Buttler to concentrate solely on captaining the side.
    agree, Duckett's form has come too late for World Cup selection, and selectors almost never change their collective mind .. I agree Duckett is in better form than Malan and said ages ago that Salt keeping gives Buttler more space to captain the team .. discussion on 5Livex about Stokes .. not played a 20/20 since March .. is he 'worth' a place .. of course Stokes being Stokes, will always get selected
  • It's been a good series, as a 7 match series could have turned into a tedious slog if one team had been 5-1 at this stage. Instead it'll be a good chance for both sides to show the winning mentality in the deciding match.

The Pakistan batting approach is quite old fashioned, being steady at the top of the order and relying on slogging at the end. Sometimes it works, but today they were shown up a bit
    I'm not suggesting it's fixed but I thought the same and was expecting a 3-3 and final match decider. 
  • England lose the toss, and will have to bowl last when the dew is at its worst
  • We had 50 by this stage on Friday #playingitsafe
  • Good job that wasn't Malan - he would have reviewed it.

• What a wanker Malan is 
  • Salt not happy with Malan who starts to run and then sends Salt back. There's no way Malan was going to sacrifice himself!
  • What a wanker Malan is 
    I've been saying this for a while. One England player has said that he is the most selfish individual he has ever come across - both on and off the field.
  • Sir Geoffrey Malan  ;)