Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Plan For The Summer?

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Nothing wrong with three at the back if we have the players to play it.
  • Options
    Moving house and starting the renovations 🥴🥴
  • Options
    Moving house and starting the renovations 🥴🥴
    Don’t give Thomas ideas with the valley! 😰
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    My ideal squad for next season and holes to be filled:

GK: MacGillivray, NEW + academy player(s)
    CB: NEW, NEW, Lavelle, Clare, Purrington + academy player(s)
    WB: NEW, NEW, Blackett-Taylor, Jaiyesimi
    CM: Dobson, Fraser, NEW, NEW, Gilbey, Forster-Caskey + academy players
    ST: Stockley, Washington, Aneke, NEW + academy player(s)

Let go: Gunter, Famewo, Pearce, Morgan, John, Matthews, Lee, Leko, Castillo, Inniss, Watson, Souare, Henderson

One of our problems these past couple of years is carrying too many bodies that won’t get near the first team.

Eight in, 13 out. That gives us a reduced squad of 21 players plus academy graduates who can fill holes / deputise on the bench if we have more than 4-5 injuries and suspensions.
  • Options

Let go: Gunter, Famewo, Pearce, Morgan, John, Matthews, Lee, Leko, Castillo, Inniss, Watson, Souare, Henderson

One of our problems these past couple of years is carrying too many bodies that won’t get near the first team.

Eight in, 13 out. That gives us a reduced squad of 21 players plus academy graduates who can fill holes / deputise on the bench if we have more than 4-5 injuries and suspensions.
    You are bang on imo there mate although one I personally would try to keep is Famewo as although he hasnt had a great season I think last year he showed enough to see there is the potential for a good player
  • Options
    AndyG said:

You are bang on imo there mate although one I personally would try to keep is Famewo as although he hasnt had a great season I think last year he showed enough to see there is the potential for a good player
    Agree with that although I would keep Pearce
  • Options
    Looking at getting new bbq and some patio chairs. 
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with three at the back if we have the players to play it.
    Totally agree, but we clearly don't have the players to effectively play out from the back. We look more likely to make a mistake and concede rather than create an opportunity. We invariably end up passing sideways a few times and then hoofing it up to Stockley. The defense and midfield rarely seem to link up effectively when we play try and play out from the back.