Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Plan For The Summer?

Comments

• Options
    For a starting 11, in a dream world based on the Powell promotion shake up I would have:
    NEW GK (maybe AMB), NEW RWB, Lavelle, Inniss (if fit, wishful thinking), NEW LCB, NEW LWB, Dobson, NEW RCM, Fraser, NEW ST, NEW ST

Squad options:
    Harness/AMB, DJ, Clare, Deji, NEW CB, NEW LCB, CBT, JFC(?)/New Dobson Backup, Gilbey, Morgan, New Fraser Backup x2 out of Chuks, Stockley, Washington

Youth options to bed in/use as needed:
    Bakrin, Ness, Chin, Henry, Adigun, Campbell, Kanu

I know deep down that it's very unlikely we won't start with at least one of Chuks/Stockley, but if we're playing a pressing game, I'm not sure I would start either, as harsh at it seems. I'll keep dreaming of two extra-mobile, top-of-league 1 strikers like a chump.
    Agree totally. No time for sentiment anymore, clear out the majority of this mob, no where near up to standard. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Plan?
    June- " Can't do any business until contracts expire at end of month"
    July - " Waiting for players to return from holiday"
    August - " We have a budget and agents/players are trying to take this piss"
    Deadline Day - "We've been chasing these two Muppets for 2 years. They were 7th  on our wish list"
    Who needs Golfie when you've got me  ;)
    Whilst people are giving this post lol's I suspect based on our last two, possibly three transfer windows it is close to the truth. Anybody who thinks staff at the club responsible for recruitment are drawing up wish lists for next summer are living in dreamland.

Our manager who is employed by the club does not even know if he will be here to pick the said players people think are being identified.

Are you saying they don’t put together a list of targets? I expecf they’ll have a wish list but the problem is more about either aiming too high or underestimating the budget required.
    Well if what we finished up with in the last window was somebodies wish list, feck me they are easily pleased.

There was no need to employ highly paid recruitment staff or fire up the "black box" at the training ground was there.

Chucks: Quick call from Bowyer to Jackson to see if we want him back.
    John: Powell contacted us, even drove him to The Valley and posed for pictures
    Castillo: If the rumours are true looks like part of the Burstow deal
    Fraser: Hooray!!! looks like a little bit of work went into this one.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Plan?
    Deadline Day - "We've been chasing these two Muppets for 2 years. They were 7th  on our wish list"
    Whilst people are giving this post lol's I suspect based on our last two, possibly three transfer windows it is close to the truth. Anybody who thinks staff at the club responsible for recruitment are drawing up wish lists for next summer are living in dreamland.

Our manager who is employed by the club does not even know if he will be here to pick the said players people think are being identified.

Are you saying they don’t put together a list of targets? I expecf they’ll have a wish list but the problem is more about either aiming too high or underestimating the budget required.
    Well if what we finished up with in the last window was somebodies wish list, feck me they are easily pleased.

There was no need to employ highly paid recruitment staff or fire up the "black box" at the training ground was there.

Chucks: Quick call from Bowyer to Jackson to see if we want him back.
    John: Powell contacted us, even drove him to The Valley and posed for pictures
    Castillo: If the rumours are true looks like part of the Burstow deal
    Fraser: Hooray!!! looks like a little bit of work went into this one.

I’d imagine the likes of Kirk, Lavelle, Dobson, CM, Clare, Fraser etc were all targets. They probably weren’t all first choices but still players we identified and went for.

Souare, Henderson and Arter might have been relatively “big names” who came available at the end of the window after we missed out on our top targets.

Maybe our recruitment staff aren’t well paid and that’s part of the problem, other clubs have better scouts, analysts and make better use of their “black boxes”?

Probably a mixture of things in reality that aren’t solved simply by increasing the budget or throwing out the black box.
  • Options
    Not many of these players look like they have the ability to step up to the championship, which is why we're mid table 
    They all don't need to be able to play in the Championship.....just enough to get us out of this League. Some then will have to be replaced, but let's get out of this one first before trying to sign the stars of the future.
  • Options
    Players with contracts ending at the end of the season: 

Henderson
    Pearce
    Inniss
    Famewo
    Purrington
    Souare
    Gunter
    Matthews
    Forster-Caskey
    Watson
    Blackett-Taylor
    Washington

I honestly wouldn't renew a single one. Perhaps Washington at a push. 

(Also, this large amount of contract expiries does make the talk of 'consistent squad' laughable, another rebuild is needed)
    I think this is the kind of short-term thinking that causes so much trouble every season. Why on earth would we let all of these squad players go knowing that we'll then have to replace them? It is always, always cheaper to renew a contract than it is to sign a new player. We have an option on Inniss's cheap contract. Purrington has managed to get promoted with us as first choice left back so he'll be fine as a backup option next season. Washington is a decent enough player at this level and so are Matthews and JFC. I wouldn't want any of them to be first choice, but if we just grumpily sack them all off then we're cutting off our nose to spite our face. No matter how much money Sandgaard has, we will have a budget next season. Assuming that Washington, Purrington and Matthews don't want outrageous pay increases that's backup options in those roles sorted. We can then focus our budget on getting in better players than them to go ahead of them. Our budget will go a lot further if we only have to sign say 5 first team players and 4 backups rather than 5 first teamers and 11 backups. If we have to go out just to get a second choice left back then the quality of the first choice left back we go in for will reduce as our budget shrinks
  • Options
    What I would do is:

The six loans all leave.
    Don't renew Watson, Gunter and Souare. 

That's the easy bit. 

That gives you enough wiggle room to get in the best 8 or 9 players you can get, that's pretty much a whole new team.  Add that to Dobson, Stockley, Lavelle, Fraser with Matthews, Purrington, Inniss, Aneke, Clare, Gilbey, CBT, DJ, JFC Washington and Morgan as back ups.  That should be enough.

I wouldn't trust our recruitment team to sign more than 6 or 7 players in the summer. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    msomerton said:
    se9addick said:
    The plan needs to involve the best free players (in the positions we need covering) available joining us on the 1st July, rather than the likes of Ipswich and Wigan
    I don’t think it works like this unfortunately. The timeline is really controlled by the players & clubs further up the food chain. The clubs further up the leagues are able to go out and get their first choice players early on, the further down the leagues have much less control over who is available and when. I think us Charlton fans might have a slightly false impression over his much you can’t really put in place to have your key transfer targets join you at the very start of the window because we had that one amazing window under Powell, I’m beginning to think that was the exception rather than the rule.
    you pay the money you can get the best.
    You can, but so can other clubs who pay the money. But we have a very good stadium & decent crowds, and we’re in London, which a draw for some players. Hopefully that’ll be enough to attract some talent to SE7. 
    Think we’re ok at RCB with Lavelle and Inniss. Ness is not too far off being back up for these two perhaps. It’s LCB where the problem is. Think Pearce has been a great servant, but can’t see him being in the squad next season. Maybe keep Famewo, but only as backup.
    We need to invest in at least one quality wing back, a striker and a midfielder. Oh, and a keeper. 
    Quality, not quantity. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    We keep hearing from Gallen, Sandgaard etc. that it's about consistency now and not having to sign 10+ players each year. Sadly I think that's the exact opposite of what we need. If we start off the summer by re-signing the likes of Matthews, Pearce, etc. it's going to be just another horrible season. 
    Nothing wrong with Matthews … and Pearce written of last season by many proved them wrong again this year …. Pearce will move into coaching but expect him to be still registered as a player 

Oi, they're mine!!  :smile:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    msomerton said:
    se9addick said:
    The plan needs to involve the best free players (in the positions we need covering) available joining us on the 1st July, rather than the likes of Ipswich and Wigan
    I don’t think it works like this unfortunately. The timeline is really controlled by the players & clubs further up the food chain. The clubs further up the leagues are able to go out and get their first choice players early on, the further down the leagues have much less control over who is available and when. I think us Charlton fans might have a slightly false impression over his much you can’t really put in place to have your key transfer targets join you at the very start of the window because we had that one amazing window under Powell, I’m beginning to think that was the exception rather than the rule.
    You can, but so can other clubs who pay the money. But we have a very good stadium & decent crowds, and we’re in London, which a draw for some players. Hopefully that’ll be enough to attract some talent to SE7. 
    Think we’re ok at RCB with Lavelle and Inniss. Ness is not too far off being back up for these two perhaps. It’s LCB where the problem is. Think Pearce has been a great servant, but can’t see him being in the squad next season. Maybe keep Famewo, but only as backup.
    We need to invest in at least one quality wing back, a striker and a midfielder. Oh, and a keeper. 
    Quality, not quantity. 
    Squad wise we need to replace about 7 or 8 in my opinion 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we all know that it’s going to be  a much bigger than we would like rebuilding job yet again in the summer. Straight away that’s not ideal and it needs to stop. JJ really needs to get us as high in the table this year as he can. We need to be an attractive proposition for the quality of players we need. We still have a “big club” name for league one but eventually that will tarnish. On the pitch I’d suggest we’ve fallen a way behind clubs that with all respect shouldn’t be holding a candle to us. I’d also say that in all honesty I haven’t been that impressed by our recruitment in recent seasons. In fact I’d say it’s largely where the problem is. 
  • Options

Henderson
    Pearce
    Inniss
    Famewo
    Purrington
    Souare
    Gunter
    Matthews
    Forster-Caskey
    Watson
    Blackett-Taylor
    Washington

(Also, this large amount of contract expiries does make the talk of 'consistent squad' laughable, another rebuild is needed)
    I think this is the kind of short-term thinking that causes so much trouble every season. Why on earth would we let all of these squad players go knowing that we'll then have to replace them? It is always, always cheaper to renew a contract than it is to sign a new player. We have an option on Inniss's cheap contract. Purrington has managed to get promoted with us as first choice left back so he'll be fine as a backup option next season. Washington is a decent enough player at this level and so are Matthews and JFC. I wouldn't want any of them to be first choice, but if we just grumpily sack them all off then we're cutting off our nose to spite our face. No matter how much money Sandgaard has, we will have a budget next season. Assuming that Washington, Purrington and Matthews don't want outrageous pay increases that's backup options in those roles sorted. We can then focus our budget on getting in better players than them to go ahead of them. Our budget will go a lot further if we only have to sign say 5 first team players and 4 backups rather than 5 first teamers and 11 backups. If we have to go out just to get a second choice left back then the quality of the first choice left back we go in for will reduce as our budget shrinks
    Do we even know when JFC is back?
    Theres a reason some of our players are on a  cheap contract, and is it a cheap contract if they are out for half the season and someone needs to fill in for them?
    We will have injuries over the season so why have 3 players in the squad who we know will get injured through the season.
    Totally fed up with it and it's got to stop.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    msomerton said:
    se9addick said:
    Quality, not quantity. 
    Ideally, but I’d rather have four top quality than 7 so so. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    msomerton said:
    se9addick said:
    Quality, not quantity. 
    Ideally, but I’d rather have four top quality than 7 so so. 
    I never said so so.
    In my opinion we need 7 or 8 better than we have. 
    Otherwise forget about promotion. 
  • Options
    Based on the preferred 352 with two players in each position:

GK
    MacG
    AMB

RCB
    Clare
    (new)

CB
    Innis
    Lavelle

LCB
    Famewo
    (new)

RWB
    Jaiyesimi
    (new)

LWB
    (new)
    (new)

CDM
    Dobson
    (new)

CM
    Fraser
    Morgan

CM
    Gilbey
    JFC

FWD
    Washington
    (new)

STK
    Stockley
    Aneke

YOUTH (on the fringes)
    Kanu
    Elewere
    Henry

CBT - harsh but where does he fit in?  One of him or Jaiyesimi has to go.
    Purrington - also slightly harsh but we have to move on if we’re opting for wing backs.
    All others not mentioned - sorry, not sorry.

The slots highlighted as “(new)” are vital acquisitions to make it work, particularly the wing back positions.  

We also need a bit of luck, as bad as we’ve been our injuries are just so frustrating and unlucky in most cases.  Take JFC for example, Lavelle never been injured until he signs for us, Stockley rarely injured until now etc.

You’ll laugh, but I don’t think we’re far off, I just hope it all gets assembled quicker than last summer.
    Keep all of that lot and we'll  be sat in mid table obscurity all over again.
  • Options

Henderson
    Pearce
    Inniss
    Famewo
    Purrington
    Souare
    Gunter
    Matthews
    Forster-Caskey
    Watson
    Blackett-Taylor
    Washington

Because we did that last year with so many players that are clearly not good enough. 

I'm sick of going into a season with the same bang average League One players to continue to slide us down the table. Purrington isn't good enough. Innis is injured 50% of the time. Matthews and Gunter are a waste of space and a drain of resources. Pearce is too old. Forster-Caskey is basically getting a wage for free over the last year. 
    It's nothing like last year if we do it right. The problem we had isn't that Matthews isn't good enough to be a backup L1 right back, it's that we stuck with him AND Gunter, neither of whom you want as first choice. We signed Stockley but Washington wasn't the right man to be a lone striker in the Adkins formation. I'd like us to sign a pacy striker as first choice but Washington has 9 league goals this season already, he's definitely good enough to be a backup striker and getting an equivalent of his goals in a backup would cost a hell of a lot more than retaining him. Purrington is good enough to be backup left back, but the key is that we spend properly on a first choice. I don't want us to miss out on quality because we're too busy trying to plug gaps in the squad. It's stupid to be worrying about signing four bloody full backs when we could just focus on two. It would be insane to let a striker who's worth 10 league goals a season walk out the door for nothing and then need to replace him AND another striker. Inniss only needs to be fit 50% of the time if we have the players to rotate him out and protect him without weakening ourselves, and the best way to do that is to focus our budget on some quality CBs and trigger the extension that allows us to pay Inniss less than we pay Albie Morgan every week. JFC should be an easy one to retain and, again, should be acting as backup to a superior player. In these cases we're looking at paying out for 5 players not 10. If you need to sign a whole team worth of players just to cover your first teamers then that's how you end up with the Souares and unready youth players in your first team squad. I think we can let the likes of Pearce, Gunter and Watson go, players who are past being able to contribute even as backups, but it's not going to be fun if we're scrabbling around after the season starts looking to pick up a free backup left back and probably ending up with a player far worse and less fit than Ben Purrington.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/93499/efl-s-best-players-under-21#latest

Anyone on these lists we should be looking at? 

Kane Wilson at wing back for Forest Green seems to be having a storming season with 12 assists & 3 goals from the right side of a 352 formation.

I like Nicky Cadden (6 goals, 9 assists) on the other side too. He’s a bit older at 25. No doubt FGR are running away with League Two in part because they’ve found a pair of really fantastic wing backs.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

GK
    MacG
    AMB

RCB
    Clare
    (new)

CB
    Innis
    Lavelle

LCB
    Famewo
    (new)

RWB
    Jaiyesimi
    (new)

LWB
    (new)
    (new)

CDM
    Dobson
    (new)

CM
    Fraser
    Morgan

CM
    Gilbey
    JFC

FWD
    Washington
    (new)

STK
    Stockley
    Aneke

YOUTH (on the fringes)
    Kanu
    Elewere
    Henry

Purrington - also slightly harsh but we have to move on if we’re opting for wing backs.

The slots highlighted as “(new)” are vital acquisitions to make it work, particularly the wing back positions.  

We also need a bit of luck, as bad as we’ve been our injuries are just so frustrating and unlucky in most cases.  Take JFC for example, Lavelle never been injured until he signs for us, Stockley rarely injured until now etc.

You’ll laugh, but I don’t think we’re far off, I just hope it all gets assembled quicker than last summer.
    Why?  That’s the lot Jackson has used, and we’d be top 6 if the season started when he took over.  That plus 7 new players as I stated.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Agree with most of the other comments above. We need a radical change in our recruitment policy  please no more injury prone players, or players at the tail end of their careers.
    Start talking early to players and agents and get things sorted early.
    Lastly please do not play any players that would mean it triggers a contract extension.
    And I would use the rest of this season to start a few youngsters to see how they cope and if they can step up next season
    I think there lies one of our problems, Sandgaard doesn't like dealing with agents.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

GK
    MacG
    AMB

RCB
    Clare
    (new)

CB
    Innis
    Lavelle

LCB
    Famewo
    (new)

RWB
    Jaiyesimi
    (new)

LWB
    (new)
    (new)

CDM
    Dobson
    (new)

CM
    Fraser
    Morgan

CM
    Gilbey
    JFC

FWD
    Washington
    (new)

STK
    Stockley
    Aneke

YOUTH (on the fringes)
    Kanu
    Elewere
    Henry

Why?  That’s the lot Jackson has used, and we’d be top 6 if the season started when he took over.  That plus 7 new players as I stated.
    You can reply rather than do an angry lol eaststandmike I won’t bite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if Purrington and Washington are off in the summer?

We could always resign them in the January transfer window.
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Henderson
    Pearce
    Inniss
    Famewo
    Purrington
    Souare
    Gunter
    Matthews
    Forster-Caskey
    Watson
    Blackett-Taylor
    Washington

Because we did that last year with so many players that are clearly not good enough. 

I'm sick of going into a season with the same bang average League One players to continue to slide us down the table. Purrington isn't good enough. Innis is injured 50% of the time. Matthews and Gunter are a waste of space and a drain of resources. Pearce is too old. Forster-Caskey is basically getting a wage for free over the last year. 
    It's nothing like last year if we do it right. The problem we had isn't that Matthews isn't good enough to be a backup L1 right back, it's that we stuck with him AND Gunter, neither of whom you want as first choice. We signed Stockley but Washington wasn't the right man to be a lone striker in the Adkins formation. I'd like us to sign a pacy striker as first choice but Washington has 9 league goals this season already, he's definitely good enough to be a backup striker and getting an equivalent of his goals in a backup would cost a hell of a lot more than retaining him. Purrington is good enough to be backup left back, but the key is that we spend properly on a first choice. I don't want us to miss out on quality because we're too busy trying to plug gaps in the squad. It's stupid to be worrying about signing four bloody full backs when we could just focus on two. It would be insane to let a striker who's worth 10 league goals a season walk out the door for nothing and then need to replace him AND another striker. Inniss only needs to be fit 50% of the time if we have the players to rotate him out and protect him without weakening ourselves, and the best way to do that is to focus our budget on some quality CBs and trigger the extension that allows us to pay Inniss less than we pay Albie Morgan every week. JFC should be an easy one to retain and, again, should be acting as backup to a superior player. In these cases we're looking at paying out for 5 players not 10. If you need to sign a whole team worth of players just to cover your first teamers then that's how you end up with the Souares and unready youth players in your first team squad. I think we can let the likes of Pearce, Gunter and Watson go, players who are past being able to contribute even as backups, but it's not going to be fun if we're scrabbling around after the season starts looking to pick up a free backup left back and probably ending up with a player far worse and less fit than Ben Purrington.
    There should be competition for places because that drives performances. It's no good having mopey 'squad players' who make up the numbers, pick up their wages and only put in the effort when they feel like it. It costs us points every season. 

If we keep doing the same thing we can expect the same results. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

GK
    MacG
    AMB

RCB
    Clare
    (new)

CB
    Innis
    Lavelle

LCB
    Famewo
    (new)

RWB
    Jaiyesimi
    (new)

LWB
    (new)
    (new)

CDM
    Dobson
    (new)

CM
    Fraser
    Morgan

CM
    Gilbey
    JFC

FWD
    Washington
    (new)

STK
    Stockley
    Aneke

YOUTH (on the fringes)
    Kanu
    Elewere
    Henry

Nothing angry about my lol, I genuinely smiled when I read your post. There is no evidence we would be top 6, it is based on assumption. 

I stand by what I have said in multiple posts on here and that is our squad is made up of average League One standard players and we are sitting mid table because that is an average position. 

We are, and will continue to be inconsistent, win one, lose one, win two lose two etc. Our recruitment process is as shocking as I can remember and I have supported this club for over 50 years. The last 3 x windows have been shockers considering we have a recruitment team and the famous "black box"

This squad is not capable of putting an unbeaten run together to challenge for a top spot, not this season, not next season, not any season.

As Croydon said to you, keep them and we will continue to sit in mid table obscurity.   

• Options
    For a starting 11, in a dream world based on the Powell promotion shake up I would have:
    NEW GK (maybe AMB), NEW RWB, Lavelle, Inniss (if fit, wishful thinking), NEW LCB, NEW LWB, Dobson, NEW RCM, Fraser, NEW ST, NEW ST

Squad options:
    Harness/AMB, DJ, Clare, Deji, NEW CB, NEW LCB, CBT, JFC(?)/New Dobson Backup, Gilbey, Morgan, New Fraser Backup x2 out of Chuks, Stockley, Washington

Youth options to bed in/use as needed:
    Bakrin, Ness, Chin, Henry, Adigun, Campbell, Kanu

I know deep down that it's very unlikely we won't start with at least one of Chuks/Stockley, but if we're playing a pressing game, I'm not sure I would start either, as harsh at it seems. I'll keep dreaming of two extra-mobile, top-of-league 1 strikers like a chump.
    What we need & what we will get are two different things The one thing above everything else that we need is a goalkeeper who can command his box. Macca doesn't even go for the ball in the six yard box, look at Wigans winner he just stood & watched & how many times has that happened this season ? Have to get a commanding keeper or we're going nowhere. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

GK
    MacG
    AMB

RCB
    Clare
    (new)

CB
    Innis
    Lavelle

LCB
    Famewo
    (new)

RWB
    Jaiyesimi
    (new)

LWB
    (new)
    (new)

CDM
    Dobson
    (new)

CM
    Fraser
    Morgan

CM
    Gilbey
    JFC

FWD
    Washington
    (new)

STK
    Stockley
    Aneke

YOUTH (on the fringes)
    Kanu
    Elewere
    Henry

Nothing angry about my lol, I genuinely smiled when I read your post. There is no evidence we would be top 6, it is based on assumption. 

I stand by what I have said in multiple posts on here and that is our squad is made up of average League One standard players and we are sitting mid table because that is an average position. 

We are, and will continue to be inconsistent, win one, lose one, win two lose two etc. Our recruitment process is as shocking as I can remember and I have supported this club for over 50 years. The last 3 x windows have been shockers considering we have a recruitment team and the famous "black box"

This squad is not capable of putting an unbeaten run together to challenge for a top spot, not this season, not next season, not any season.

As Croydon said to you, keep them and we will continue to sit in mid table obscurity.   

There is genuine evidence mate, I’m giving an opinion I’m talking maths.
    His league record is brilliant since he took over with a squad loaded with no hopers.  If the season started 18 games ago when he took over we’d be top six.  
  • Options
    Plan?

And why is Sandgaards son part of the recruitment team. When will sandgaard learn to leave it to the experts (or at least those with experience of the professional game)
  • Options
    Croydon said:

GK
    MacG
    AMB

RCB
    Clare
    (new)

CB
    Innis
    Lavelle

LCB
    Famewo
    (new)

RWB
    Jaiyesimi
    (new)

LWB
    (new)
    (new)

CDM
    Dobson
    (new)

CM
    Fraser
    Morgan

CM
    Gilbey
    JFC

FWD
    Washington
    (new)

STK
    Stockley
    Aneke

YOUTH (on the fringes)
    Kanu
    Elewere
    Henry

His league record is brilliant since he took over with a squad loaded with no hopers.  If the season started 18 games ago when he took over we’d be top six.  
    Your argument is not based on genuine evidence or maths and the season did not start 18 games ago. His new manager bounce soon stopped and we went into a slump. If JJ had been in charge from day 1 who is to say the slump would not have stared earlier.

The table does not lie and nor do player performances, and you certainly don't need maths. 

We are a bang average mid table team, and unless JJ gets a considerable amount of  money in the summer to have a clear out and buy some quality you better get used to League One.   
  • Options
    Croydon said:

GK
    MacG
    AMB

RCB
    Clare
    (new)

CB
    Innis
    Lavelle

LCB
    Famewo
    (new)

RWB
    Jaiyesimi
    (new)

LWB
    (new)
    (new)

CDM
    Dobson
    (new)

CM
    Fraser
    Morgan

CM
    Gilbey
    JFC

FWD
    Washington
    (new)

STK
    Stockley
    Aneke

YOUTH (on the fringes)
    Kanu
    Elewere
    Henry

Your argument is not based on genuine evidence or maths and the season did not start 18 games ago. His new manager bounce soon stopped and we went into a slump. If JJ had been in charge from day 1 who is to say the slump would not have stared earlier.

The table does not lie and nor do player performances, and you certainly don't need maths. 

We are a bang average mid table team, and unless JJ gets a considerable amount of  money in the summer to have a clear out and buy some quality you better get used to League One.   
    I know we’re bang average that’s why I said we need 7 new players.  Surely people aren’t expected the entire team to go, that’s just starting again like last season, we need to clear out the shite and bring in 7/8 good players, our views are probably not too dissimilar. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Croydon said:

GK
    MacG
    AMB

RCB
    Clare
    (new)

CB
    Innis
    Lavelle

LCB
    Famewo
    (new)

RWB
    Jaiyesimi
    (new)

LWB
    (new)
    (new)

CDM
    Dobson
    (new)

CM
    Fraser
    Morgan

CM
    Gilbey
    JFC

FWD
    Washington
    (new)

STK
    Stockley
    Aneke

YOUTH (on the fringes)
    Kanu
    Elewere
    Henry

Because a midfield relying on Gilbey, Morgan and a crocked JFC isn't achieving  anything.  

Edit: tbf if the 7 we sign are signed to start, I'd probably agree with you.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

GK
    MacG
    AMB

RCB
    Clare
    (new)

CB
    Innis
    Lavelle

LCB
    Famewo
    (new)

RWB
    Jaiyesimi
    (new)

LWB
    (new)
    (new)

CDM
    Dobson
    (new)

CM
    Fraser
    Morgan

CM
    Gilbey
    JFC

FWD
    Washington
    (new)

STK
    Stockley
    Aneke

YOUTH (on the fringes)
    Kanu
    Elewere
    Henry

Because a midfield relying on Gilbey, Morgan and a crocked JFC isn't achieving  anything.  

Edit: tbf if the 7 we sign are signed to start, I'd probably agree with you.

Well the idea is JFC is not crooked.  A midfield trio of Dobson, with JFC and Fraser in front I think is fairly exciting.