Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets 2022/23 - Ed. Last day of Early Bird

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Apropos of nothing, I was pleased to see at the last home game that new seat number stickers had been affixed to the seats in the upper west.
    Of course I know my own seat, but the amount of times last season when late arrival day trippers would be standing looking around blankly for their seat because not a single one had a whole readable number left on it.
    All complaints to the Director of Operations.
    Numbers sticky for the use of, fall under his remit. ;)
    Which one will become unstuck first? 
    Him or the sticker?
  • Options
    The club would like to thank the 6,491 supporters who purchased their 2022/23 season tickets during the early-bird phase.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/627b993681cb9/join-more-than-6000-season-ticket-holders-at-the-valley-next-season
  • Options
    Down on the 8274 sold up to the early bird deadline for the 2021/2022 season
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    I think the really meaningful comparison will be ticket sales come start of the season when the manager and squad is known.  Imagine a lot are holding off for that. 

Also the cost of living crisis is likely a factor perhaps in people not committing money to STs.

Will be interesting to see numbers come end of July when season kicks off. 

8,000 would be good from there. That’s up on RD’s seasons in L1 but well down on 2009-12.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I'm shocked they've sold so many already tbh, fair play all.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm surprised we've sold as many. I thought 6,500 may be our final figure.
  • Options
    When do the previous ST seats that haven't been taken up become available  ?
  • Options
    Think 3rd June 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    You're nearly as miserable as me shirty.
    Our fans have amazed me once again , nearly 6500 after the season we had.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    shirty5 said:
    No I’m honest which is always the best way to be. 👍
  • Options
    it is what it is. I want Charlton to be as well a supported club as possible.

Even as someone who did renew before the deadline I’d have been more than happy if they extended it further until after the manager was announced, maybe a new signing made to try and give it a bit of positive momentum and hopefully coax a few others to take the plunge. 
    That’s too sensible mate
  • Options
    Under estimating I think impact some people face on cost of living generally & further adapting to a post COVID world including using streams and having found other interests on a Saturday.

Its not just about faith in the team for next year.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    clb74 said:
    shirty5 said:
    No I’m honest which is always the best way to be. 👍
    I think you need to have a word with @clb74
  • Options
    CAFC website states that season tickets were going back on sale at 1.00pm today but doesn’t look to be working?
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    CAFC website states that season tickets were going back on sale at 1.00pm today but doesn’t look to be working?
    Worked for me mate.
    I thought we would struggle to top 5000, so shows what I know.
    But hell, I've renewed now and sowed the first seeds of that first tingle of excitement which will lead to misplaced hope and finally foolish optimism as I walk down Floyd Road for the first home game of the season.
    (Meanwhile I reserve the right to spend the summer whingeing and moaning  :) )
  • Options
    Thank fuck!

I was so tempted...
  • Options
    it is what it is. I want Charlton to be as well a supported club as possible.

Even as someone who did renew before the deadline I’d have been more than happy if they extended it further until after the manager was announced, maybe a new signing made to try and give it a bit of positive momentum and hopefully coax a few others to take the plunge. 
    Hate to say I told them so, but I spent a good part of the last FTV meeting and subsequent follow up email telling them just that. Season ticket strategy was apparently decided before the previous (resumption) FTV meeting too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    801912601 said:
    Worked for me mate.
    I thought we would struggle to top 5000, so shows what I know.
    But hell, I've renewed now and sowed the first seeds of that first tingle of excitement which will lead to misplaced hope and finally foolish optimism as I walk down Floyd Road for the first home game of the season.
    (Meanwhile I reserve the right to spend the summer whingeing and moaning  :) )
    Does for me now as well 😇
  • Options
    I think some respect should be given to the club for publishing, could easily have kept it officially in house. Tick for transparency 
    Are the numbers correct though, we have all seen the massaging done with attendance figures. I hope they are correct but just saying. 
  • Options
    In the circumstances numbers are pretty good, but very much doubt the club will see it that way and being down year on year while there are aspirations to fill our stadium will be giving TS much food for thought and our commercial team more hard work to deliver upon.

Timing in business is everything - apathy combined with uncertainty on the horizon for many supporters won’t have helped - timing could have been managed better…

Our die hards (me included - other than latter year or two of the RD era and ESI) will be paying and going come what may, but we are not the audience to worry about - crowd targets in mind…
  • Options
    In the circumstances numbers are pretty good, but very much doubt the club will see it that way and being down year on year while there are aspirations to fill our stadium will be giving TS much food for thought and our commercial team more hard work to deliver upon.

Timing in business is everything - apathy combined with uncertainty on the horizon for many supporters won’t have helped - timing could have been managed better…

Our die hards (me included - other than latter year or two of the RD era and ESI) will be paying and going come what may, but we are not the audience to worry about - crowd targets in mind…
    A decent manager and squad with real prospects come end of July will rid apathy and see a return of the enthusiasm and extra season tickets.

Got mine already but expect loads more will sell if we look like we'll be competing for top 6 this year come start of the season.
  • Options
    Sadly, I think the 6.5k reflects our base support. 
    A decent manager announcement will probably add another 500, but it will be nee signings and new manager’s spiel that gives us a chance of getting to 8k+
    Remember Adkins very early on saying, he had assembled a squad that was “possibly able to push for promotion” - which I took to mean a mid-table finish. 
    The horrible truth is that us fans will know by the end of Sept what sort of season we will have. 
    IMO, the first 8 games, need 16 points and 14+ goals scored or else forget it. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sadly, I think the 6.5k reflects our base support. 
    A decent manager announcement will probably add another 500, but it will be nee signings and new manager’s spiel that gives us a chance of getting to 8k+
    Remember Adkins very early on saying, he had assembled a squad that was “possibly able to push for promotion” - which I took to mean a mid-table finish. 
    The horrible truth is that us fans will know by the end of Sept what sort of season we will have. 
    IMO, the first 8 games, need 16 points and 14+ goals scored or else forget it. 
    I think that’s over pessimistic. It’s unlikely everyone is concerned about a £25 increase (for adults) or their prospect of losing their existing seat in a mostly empty stadium. It will suit some to buy later. I would expect season tickets to reach 7,500 minimum regardless of who is appointed manager or any signings. 

That is still poor, by the way, and significantly less than 2009-12. But it’s not RD territory.
  • Options
    Anybody had an email or anything from the club acknowledging their purchase?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Yes I did, got an email the following day. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Yes.
    Two days later.