Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets 2022/23 - Ed. Last day of Early Bird

Comments

• Options
    Got an email straight away. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Anybody had an email or anything from the club acknowledging their purchase?
    yeah within minutes to be fair
  • Options
    I paid but another got the email so all good.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Had a phone call this evening from the club. Answered it expecting it to be a pre recorded message but actually had a conversation with one of the ticket office staff. 

Was asked why I hadn't renewed my 5 tickets, told him in all honesty that I'm waiting to see the clubs strategy and manager appointment before I'm willing to commit to a ST, although me and my kids all want to. The staff member said that was pretty much what everyone he had spoken to had said. 

They did try to convince me with the added benefits of owning a ST but I was adamant I need to see what's happening with the club first. 

Just out of interest, how long have you had an ST and have you always wondered about the club’s strategy?

I find this recent widespread phenomenon strange. Going to a Charlton a game is about going to a Charlton game and not worrying about a “strategy”.

As a Roland boycotter, I understand the irony in my comment and of course people can spend their money however they want, but where has this entitlement come from?

I’m not trying to speak for KA, but I guess people want to see a bit of backing and ambition from the top to make them put their hand in their pocket, no club can take their fans support for granted surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    Had a phone call this evening from the club. Answered it expecting it to be a pre recorded message but actually had a conversation with one of the ticket office staff. 

Was asked why I hadn't renewed my 5 tickets, told him in all honesty that I'm waiting to see the clubs strategy and manager appointment before I'm willing to commit to a ST, although me and my kids all want to. The staff member said that was pretty much what everyone he had spoken to had said. 

They did try to convince me with the added benefits of owning a ST but I was adamant I need to see what's happening with the club first. 

Just out of interest, how long have you had an ST and have you always wondered about the club’s strategy?

I find this recent widespread phenomenon strange. Going to a Charlton a game is about going to a Charlton game and not worrying about a “strategy”.

As a Roland boycotter, I understand the irony in my comment and of course people can spend their money however they want, but where has this entitlement come from?

I’m not trying to speak for KA, but I guess people want to see a bit of backing and ambition from the top to make them put their hand in their pocket, no club can take their fans support for granted surely?
     Absolutely that. These wanky owners just think we'll keep plowing our dough in no matter what.

• Options
    WSS said:

WSS said:

Absolutely that. These wanky owners just think we'll keep plowing our dough in no matter what.

Most do though.
    Probably only happens with football.

• Options
    WSS said:

For a lot of people this can be one of the biggest outlays of the year, so it’s understandable why people are waiting before possibly parting with their cash.

6500 tickets sold with what’s happening in my opinion is a lot more than I expected.

The club need to show their intentions if they want that figure to rise. That’s down to them!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2022
    But what strategy and showing some ambition look like? Being told that we have £x budget this summer? Signing x number of players?

Or will words just help?

I’m not being facetious but what are the actual factors that is going to see the floaters/previous ST holders renew beyond platitudes?

It feels like some people just don’t want to go/have fallen out of love with it and need an excuse. And that’s fine by the way.
  • Options
    I renewed mine and my boys and never gave it a 2nd thought not to. I go to all home games so its cost effective for me to renew.

But that is not the case for all and the club have been so complacent in regards to how they treat the season ticket holders its no surprise numbers are down.

With the exception of the lower Covered End, they are very expensive in comparison to other clubs.

They club have devalued there own product by simply giving away thousands of tickets some will feel they can get good of these and pay when they have to.

Also you have Valley Pass as alternative. This was something the club have blindy gone on with which is offering paying customers a cheaper alternative
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    WSS said:

For a lot of people this can be one of the biggest outlays of the year, so it’s understandable why people are waiting before possibly parting with their cash.

6500 tickets sold with what’s happening in my opinion is a lot more than I expected.

The club need to show their intentions if they want that figure to rise. That’s down to them!
    Agreed, although if priced sensibly, and ours of course are not, I think we would be nearer to 8,000
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    WSS said:

Agreed, although if priced sensibly, and ours of course are not, I think we would be nearer to 8,000
    This is assuming the 6,500 is a true figure and not waffle & spin from the same people that used to massage the attendance figures.
  • Options
    Anyone ever have issues sitting upper north, with a ST for lower ? 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    WSS said:
    But what strategy and showing some ambition look like? Being told that we have £x budget this summer? Signing x number of players?

Or will words just help?

I’m not being facetious but what are the actual factors that is going to see the floaters/previous ST holders renew beyond platitudes?

It feels like some people just don’t want to go/have fallen out of love with it and need an excuse. And that’s fine by the way.
    I don’t think it’s “entitlement” @WSS   I haven’t renewed for my dad and I yet, but I probably will. 

For a lot of Charlton fans, I think there’s an element of owner fatigue. I’m not lumping Thomas in with the Spivs, Duchatelet or the multiple versions of ESI, but some of his decisions so far leave a lot to be desired, not least of which was flooding the area with free tickets last year.  I could have got tickets for just about every game in the second half of the season, even after they apparently acknowledged it was the wrong strategy. It really felt like ST holders were being taken for granted. After a turgid season and the freebies, I thought he might do something to placate fans, but the pricing is, again, ridiculous in some areas of the ground. 

Spot on mate .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got the call, 20% off of food and drink upto 30 mins before the game, is a nice addition.. as is the 4 free tickets. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I had a call as well to ask if I would be interested in buying a hospitality season ticket ( I do use it pretty often when I come down of it's just me & the Mrs) I gave the same reply in that I'm not looking to do anything until I see what signings are made and who the Manager is. Tbf the guy on the phone was very understanding and explained that was a regular comment they was hearing. I explained I'm personally very supportive of TS and what he is trying to do and things like trying to sell hospitality via season ticket make sense but it's now time to step up and get signing right. If TS is getting all these comments fed back it will make him seriously think imo. Anybody trying to sell a product listens to their customers if they have any chance of selling it, he will know this and understand I'm sure so will be keen to get things right
    Good post. 
  • Options

Had the exact phone call this evening. Hope they are monitoring the feedback.👍
  • Options
    paulfox said:

I'm very surprised you haven't renewed your season ticket. You seem overall to be a TS backer, nothing wrong with that I for the most part am too. Can I ask why you didn't renew ?
  • Options
    lonman said:
    paulfox said:

I'm very surprised you haven't renewed your season ticket. You seem overall to be a TS backer, nothing wrong with that I for the most part am too. Can I ask why you didn't renew ?
    I appreciate your question wasnt directed at me but I thought I would answer as I'm sure that most people would have the same response to a certain degree.
    For me personally I live in North Wales and attending games at the valley is a very significant commitment in terms of both time & money. At the end of the day the only way I can justify it is by enjoying the trip and if the football is dire ( I dont mean results ) then I just cant justify it to myself, believe me a 6-8 hour drive home after watching Stockly trying to put his head on a ball smashed aimlessly up field in hope is not a good drive home 😳😳 which is what I did for most of last season. I know I'm a bit extreme in terms of distance but alot of people still have other commitments that they no doubt sacrifice in order to attend games and wont commit if they suspect the same dross is going to be dished up this season. I personally would rather watch a great game and lose than win and watch shite.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    TelMc32 said:
    I don’t think it’s “entitlement” @WSS   I haven’t renewed for my dad and I yet, but I probably will. 

For a lot of Charlton fans, I think there’s an element of owner fatigue. I’m not lumping Thomas in with the Spivs, Duchatelet or the multiple versions of ESI, but some of his decisions so far leave a lot to be desired, not least of which was flooding the area with free tickets last year.  I could have got tickets for just about every game in the second half of the season, even after they apparently acknowledged it was the wrong strategy. It really felt like ST holders were being taken for granted. After a turgid season and the freebies, I thought he might do something to placate fans, but the pricing is, again, ridiculous in some areas of the ground. 

Spot on mate .
    I recently read the following about somewhere and it made sense in so many ways: Burnout. It’s not about working too much. It’s investing emotionally and then not getting a return on that investment.

I think a lot of apathy and any negativity around Charlton is simply more burnout. We’ve invested our emotions into this club year after year and there is less and less of a return. And anytime we seem to be righting the ship, yet another wave comes and knocks us back. We’re the most invested ones, but we’re also not the ones at the helm. We’re burnt out.
    Great post mate and when you think of the turmoil we as fans have been through to have the optimism that TS brought was overwhelming in terms of hope. The disappointment of last year was worse because of the initial optimism. Me, I'm still in the optimistic gang with TS getting it right in the end but perhaps I'm just clinging to the hope. Your right though burn out it is
  • Options
    lonman said:
    paulfox said:

Yes no problem, I do support him until an absolute reason not to, I will renew but it will be in my time on my terms,once I’ve seen the approach this pre season, ok I will be paying more admittedly, like I have when I haven’t bought a season ticket in the past, which isn’t very often. but still always go and pay on the day. If Thomas fails to impress, then I won’t renew and pay on the day, as and when I choose.I have a 7 year old son who would appreciate my money more down in Smyths😂. At the end of the day as much as Charlton are in my blood and I grew up outside the ground, it’s also entertainment and a luxury, we haven’t particularly been entertained recently and so it’s wrong for the club to presume I’m just going to stump up my hard earned. So nothing sinister, just not prepared to commit until I’m satisfied we’re going to make a better go of it than the disaster we’ve just had, I don’t have a bottomless pit , and have priorities. That’s my honest answer.👍
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    TelMc32 said:

Spot on mate .
    I recently read the following about somewhere and it made sense in so many ways: Burnout. It’s not about working too much. It’s investing emotionally and then not getting a return on that investment.

I think a lot of apathy and any negativity around Charlton is simply more burnout. We’ve invested our emotions into this club year after year and there is less and less of a return. And anytime we seem to be righting the ship, yet another wave comes and knocks us back. We’re the most invested ones, but we’re also not the ones at the helm. We’re burnt out.
    Great post mate and when you think of the turmoil we as fans have been through to have the optimism that TS brought was overwhelming in terms of hope. The disappointment of last year was worse because of the initial optimism. Me, I'm still in the optimistic gang with TS getting it right in the end but perhaps I'm just clinging to the hope. Your right though burn out it is
    Both posts are pretty much what I would have tried to write. Last season in particular was a real kick in the gonads. I’ve been going since 1976, so to not go is hard, but it became hard last season. I have a lot of admiration for the travelling support as that must have been painful emotionally and financially.