Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets 2022/23 - Ed. Last day of Early Bird

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Can't knock what I pay in lower North to be honest. But wow, zone 1 £625 for league one football after the early bird is a bit of a rip off if you ask me.

Think they've missed a trick on simplifying prices across blocks in east and west. AC stand, two seats separated by an isle, one is £625 the other £425, ludicrous variance.

Never quite understood why they don't show pricing for the hospitality either and not that I've ever used it but the finance is a bit punchy at credit card interest rates.
    Make all seats £525 then?
    I can see the reason for a variance and you have to cut the line somewhere but almost 50% more is madness to the extreme.
  • Options
    Not sure whether I should renew, read some of the supposed best footballing minds ever, greater then Pep and Klopp, on here, say next years a write off, so why bother...
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Can't knock what I pay in lower North to be honest. But wow, zone 1 £625 for league one football after the early bird is a bit of a rip off if you ask me.

Think they've missed a trick on simplifying prices across blocks in east and west. AC stand, two seats separated by an isle, one is £625 the other £425, ludicrous variance.

Never quite understood why they don't show pricing for the hospitality either and not that I've ever used it but the finance is a bit punchy at credit card interest rates.
    It used to be one price. I think the charming Keohane introduced the different pricing. It’s a ridiculous price to charge in League One. Sandgaard should be reversing the hike in prices we got in the Roland era. 
    I feel, like Roland, he’s ripping us off when he should be rewarding the loyalty with lower prices.
  • Options
    Don’t think that Sandgaard investing needs a direct huge investment from us. We simply don’t have the same amount of money.
    more relevant is the price charged by other clubs especially those of similar size, set up and in higher leagues
    Those clubs are finding that they “know the math” perhaps they know it better than TS!
  • Options
    Agree with Croydon, I would have thought a small reduction would  have been appropriate after the fiasco of the free tickets giveaway. Anyway after 23 years of being a season ticket and over 60 years of attending Charlton matches, next year I won’t be attending, not total because of footballing reasons but watching the crap that has been dished up this year hasn’t made the decision any harder to make. However it mostly because I will be missing the majority of the season due to holidays, and also I'm getting older and attending is becoming more difficult. In previous years I would have probably brought my season ticket and not attended just to keep my seat. Hopefully the odd game I would be able to attend no doubt will coincide with a freebie game,
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    iaitch said:
    Rob7Lee said:

I can see the reason for a variance and you have to cut the line somewhere but almost 50% more is madness to the extreme.
    If the 3 zones in the Curbs were £400, £450 and £500 it would still be a bit silly, but more comprehendible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We expect owners to shell out for a playing squad to compete at the top of the league yet rue our own personal contribution to it.

It is a significant cost for most but that's the cost and economics of modern football unfortunately.

Duchatelet had the intention of (relatively) cheap/reasonable tickets but at the expense of football ambition.

In an ideal world we would have cheap tickets and an altruistic zillionaire owner bankrolling football success. Most clubs don't have this perfect scenario.

The "product" is awful and has been pretty much most seasons since I've supported this predominantly joyless outfit for 35 years and I know renewing doesn't guarantee the football or squad will be any kop.

I go because I go, because it's Charlton and it's what I've always done and will always do.

I think the squad will be worse than this year next term and just expect more of the same under the current model. Any other aspect of life you'd be mad to consider keep paying hundreds if not thousands a year to imbibe in this misery. But it's what we do.

I'll renew the early bird price and £260 for 23 games of (piss poor) football with the odd moment of joy is reasonable in this day and age.

I'm not a big fan of the owner but I find it questionable we expect them to burn their dough and yet are reluctant to contribute beyond the minimum to that.

Seems a bit entitled.

Albeit I do appreciate financially it is tough times for most. £20 a month to watch football 2 or 3 times a month is cheaper than a takeaway or sky sports subscription.
    Those of us complaining aren't being charged £260 though. 
    You can sit in that end though
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    shine166 said:
    We expect owners to shell out for a playing squad to compete at the top of the league yet rue our own personal contribution to it.

It is a significant cost for most but that's the cost and economics of modern football unfortunately.

Duchatelet had the intention of (relatively) cheap/reasonable tickets but at the expense of football ambition.

In an ideal world we would have cheap tickets and an altruistic zillionaire owner bankrolling football success. Most clubs don't have this perfect scenario.

The "product" is awful and has been pretty much most seasons since I've supported this predominantly joyless outfit for 35 years and I know renewing doesn't guarantee the football or squad will be any kop.

I go because I go, because it's Charlton and it's what I've always done and will always do.

I think the squad will be worse than this year next term and just expect more of the same under the current model. Any other aspect of life you'd be mad to consider keep paying hundreds if not thousands a year to imbibe in this misery. But it's what we do.

I'll renew the early bird price and £260 for 23 games of (piss poor) football with the odd moment of joy is reasonable in this day and age.

I'm not a big fan of the owner but I find it questionable we expect them to burn their dough and yet are reluctant to contribute beyond the minimum to that.

Seems a bit entitled.

Albeit I do appreciate financially it is tough times for most. £20 a month to watch football 2 or 3 times a month is cheaper than a takeaway or sky sports subscription.

No not really, can't fill seats so give 1000s away from October onwards. Then decide to increase prices after devaluing the product. 

Millions of us are piss broke due to bills going up, football will be the first to go, personally he/they have read the room wrong and they won't make any more money by increasing prices. My £400 ST will become 10 walkups at the very most., probably more like once a month or less when I lose the momentum of having a ticket in the draw all paid up and ready to use.

Pay £260 and sit in covered end?
  • Options

Seems a bit entitled.

not everyone can sit in the lower CE seeing that we had 8000 odd ST sales this season
  • Options

Seems a bit entitled.

not everyone can sit in the lower CE seeing that we had 8000 odd ST sales this season
     Not everyone will do. 

I'm sure you will be able to get tickets in there no problem.
  • Options
    Think I'll connect to NORD, head to Finland and by a season pass for Charlton TV......am sure there will be ample freebies floating around. This season has destroyed my interest in attending games live.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Not everyone wants to either. The view is shit 
    100% this, hence why they are the cheap seats
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Not everyone wants to either. The view is shit 
    More incentive to sit there then surely!
    Good point! 😂
  • Options
    The Curbishley stand differentials are unenforced and unenforceable unless it happens organically art a rare sell out.
    The centre blocks of the Curbishley stand are not so special anyway, seats nearer the Covered End tend to get more of any atmosphere or second half excitement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    shine166 said:

Seems a bit entitled.

No not really, can't fill seats so give 1000s away from October onwards. Then decide to increase prices after devaluing the product. 

Millions of us are piss broke due to bills going up, football will be the first to go, personally he/they have read the room wrong and they won't make any more money by increasing prices. My £400 ST will become 10 walkups at the very most., probably more like once a month or less when I lose the momentum of having a ticket in the draw all paid up and ready to use.

Nu for me, lower is shit... hence the price. Make lower 300 and upper 350.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Seems a bit entitled.

Oi I sit in the lower 
    Seeing as the views shit make the lower £200 and the upper £450
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Seems a bit entitled.

Oi I sit in the lower 
    Seeing as the views shit make the lower £200 and the upper £450
    Fine by me 😆, I'm back to walkups next year 
  • Options
    The disabled vs wheelchair prices never make much sense to me either 
  • Options
    To go from giving tickets away to then increasing prices for next year, baffling.

This.

With what has been served up this year I'm tempted not to buy one & just get one for Jnr (Student). Then buy on a match per match basis & take up the 2 for 1's & freebies.
  • Options
    I'd this part of the 10% increase sales pitch? 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The Curbishley stand differentials are unenforced and unenforceable unless it happens organically art a rare sell out.
    The centre blocks of the Curbishley stand are not so special anyway, seats nearer the Covered End tend to get more of any atmosphere or second half excitement.
    Have to agree with this. Used to sit on the halfway line in the AC Stand since it opened. Last season though because my wife decided to return we moved a block nearer the Covered End, saved ourselves a couple of hundred pound, yet the bloke across the aisle still paying a lot more. But I have to agree that although I’ve effectively moved a whole block the atmosphere is better and I will be staying put.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The only point of price increases is to increase revenue. The test is whether it does. I doubt these May rates will make much difference - they are just the starting point for next year. Not sure there is any scope for increasing match prices though.