Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets 2022/23 - Ed. Last day of Early Bird

Comments

• Options
    I’m going to probably renew but the thing putting me off at the moment, other than crap football, is no pricing for Valley Express. Seeing as my wife can’t renew for next season, someone has to babysit the dogs, I’m not driving up from East Sussex on my tod so until they announce Valley Express prices, if they still run it, I’m out.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    £575 for me.  I love my seat so will continue to pay it.  £575 to watch Gilbey pointing is a lot of money though.  
    The way he throws his arms up in the air as a surprise about his first touch, passing and shooting, makes me think he's just warming up for next season. It will definitely be worth it!
  • Options
    i have used my actual st 4 times this season, as other times my mates who all sit in west have had a spare and ive sat with them instead of using my st for north upper

wont renew for next season as pointless
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    With less than 9k Charlton fans in the stadium yesterday I would have thought that was enough evidence to make next seasons prices attractive.
    It's been a long g time since ive seen j BLOCK so empty for a weekend leagu game 
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:
    I am going to renew purely based on the fact that I go with my grandad (and now my mum wants to go too) so has been a family tradition going back years and years. However I want to move to a cheaper block in West. Do I ring up and ask to renew in a different seat that isn't in the best location or wait until June when the season tickets get released from hold and hope there are better seats available?
    Ring up and ask what's available & if it's what you want.
    I spoke to ticket office Saturday and they were really friendly and helpful - give em a bell
  • Options
    I've moved from North Upper to Lower. No way can I justify £400 under the current football and economic circumstances.
  • Options
    Probably already been asked so apologies if so as i haven't read the entire thread but in the West, why are M and N the same zone/price as the corresponding blocks below them (D & E) but then as you go along, L & P are different prices to C & G? K is different to B, but then J is the same as A. Makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Probably already been asked so apologies if so as i haven't read the entire thread but in the West, why are M and N the same zone/price as the corresponding blocks below them (D & E) but then as you go along, L & P are different prices to C & G? K is different to B, but then J is the same as A. Makes no sense at all.
    Because the lower tier is considered a better view so the combination of halfway line and lower tier is deemed the premium seating. I guess the club thinks if it had a flat structure in the upper tier some people who want to sit on halfway in the lower tier would opt for the £400/£425 prices instead of paying £575/£625 - personally I think you only need one price in the upper tier.

The number paying top price to sit in M and N is likely to be small (there are about 120 seats not available, so probably 70 adults). The difference might generate £10k in £2m plus of revenue, so 0.5% of the total or the equivalent of £1 per existing season-ticket holder. I doubt if there are many match by match sales there. 

It’s more important to focus on things that change the numbers significantly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Renewed - lower west - block D - it’s such a good seat, and despite this being a crap season, I enjoy my Charlton time

Word of warning re block D in the lower west - this is the block where, unless you are existing season ticket holder, if you buy season ticket in this block, you have to join Club 1905, which I think is about £2,400 per season

I am pretty sure this remains the case, unless someone better informed than me can advise different 
  • Options
    Because the lower tier is considered a better view so the combination of halfway line and lower tier is deemed the premium seating. I guess the club thinks if it had a flat structure in the upper tier some people who want to sit on halfway in the lower tier would opt for the £400/£425 prices instead of paying £575/£625 - personally I think you only need one price in the upper tier.

The number paying top price to sit in M and N is likely to be small (there are about 120 seats not available, so probably 70 adults). The difference might generate £10k in £2m plus of revenue, so 0.5% of the total or the equivalent of £1 per existing season-ticket holder. I doubt if there are many match by match sales there. 

In addition, M & N have padded seats, so you'd want to charge an extra couple of hundred for the luxury of sitting on an old piece of foam! They also use those seats as part of the hospitality package with the Vista Lounge, so a way of sweating the assets - if I can use that phrase.
  • Options
    Renewed - lower west - block D - it’s such a good seat, and despite this being a crap season, I enjoy my Charlton time

Word of warning re block D in the lower west - this is the block where, unless you are existing season ticket holder, if you buy season ticket in this block, you have to join Club 1905, which I think is about £2,400 per season

I am pretty sure this remains the case, unless someone better informed than me can advise different 
    A bargain.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    £625 for my seat if I dont renew before the early bird deadline. My mate who is reading fc season ticket holder is paying 350 for the equivalent.
  • Options
    Not renewing until I see some evidence of a good summer of business. I just cannot be arsed to go at the moment
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

In addition, M & N have padded seats, so you'd want to charge an extra couple of hundred for the luxury of sitting on an old piece of foam! They also use those seats as part of the hospitality package with the Vista Lounge, so a way of sweating the assets - if I can use that phrase.
    I think that’s only the hospitality seats at the front, which you can’t buy anyway. 
  • Options
    A bit of a heart-in-mouth moment just now when I renewed my ST for the women's games and got an automated email titled "CAFC Confirmation Email 2021-22". Fortunately the rest of the email did have the right dates in all the right places, but the notification that popped up on my phone was panic-inducing.
  • Options
    Bought our 4 family tkts online last night.

Doing the sensible thing by moving over to Block F from Block E saving £200 for our 2 Over 65s.

Now for the holiday balance.....

Bread & "pullit" for the rest of the year as my old Nan would say.
  • Options
    Three of us moved to the very affordable West Stand for the same price as the covered end. Very happy with the changes. Well done the Club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Johnny Jackson just phoned to thank me for purchasing my ST in the AC Stand. Says he will be glad to see me there next season. I'll be there for sure. I live in hope but of course it's sometimes the hope that kills you. One more time with feeling.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Haven't renewed yet but I will. Prices of just about every commodity going up, and some increasing to astronomical levels, season ticket prices frozen for early birds, yet you get so many moaning because that isnt good enough! 
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    Haven't renewed yet but I will. Prices of just about every commodity going up, and some increasing to astronomical levels, but my season ticket price is frozen, yet you get so many moaning because that isnt good enough! 
    The reality is for the hard core the price is not frozen. We bought at the early bird prices last year. The early bird this year are merely the post early bird price from last season. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Clarky said:
    Haven't renewed yet but I will. Prices of just about every commodity going up, and some increasing to astronomical levels, season ticket prices frozen for early birds, yet you get so many moaning because that isnt good enough! 
    Yeah, but my Gas provider doesn't give £1000s of units away for free to random people each week and then expect me to pay the same over priced charges as last year (or more) and expect me to be grateful. 

You can't plead poverty and then give stock away continuously to random people. 

The numbers will speak for themselves, ticket prices will definitely be lower than last year. 

• Options
    Johnny Jackson just phoned to thank me for purchasing my ST in the AC Stand. Says he will be glad to see me there next season. I'll be there for sure. I live in hope but of course it's sometimes the hope that kills you. One more time with feeling.
    He called me as well, I said I hope that I don’t see him next season. 
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    Haven't renewed yet but I will. Prices of just about every commodity going up, and some increasing to astronomical levels, but my season ticket price is frozen, yet you get so many moaning because that isnt good enough! 
    The reality is for the hard core the price is not frozen. We bought at the early bird prices last year. The early bird this year are merely the post early bird price from last season. 
    Don’t think that’s correct. Was there an increase last summer? I thought not.

The issue is the product has been devalued.
  • Options
    Bit disappointing tbh. After a shite season I was hoping for something incentivised and with a clear marketing plan to drive increased sales and take some positive momentum into the new season. This isn’t doing that.

And as we pride ourselves as a family club, it’s very disappointing that a family of 4 would be (my calculations) £110 better off sitting in the CBL Upper at Millwall watching Championship football than we would watching L1 in the North Upper. 

With the earlybird discount finishing so early before any potential signings are made, the hope will largely be on maintaining as many as the current ST base as posssible over the next few weeks, rather than driving momentum around a cheaper offer and attracting current non-ST holders. 

And what was the point of burying the news on the morning of a Matchday? Could understand if it was to be tied into a visual approach, but every poster around the ground and in the toilets were still advertising this season prices. Completely wasted Matchday opportunity, strategy just makes no sense. 
    Could be premier league football yet 😉

But you'll still be glued to Charltonlife. :D
    I only come to see OohAahs rants. The man’s a legend 
    He loves you lot really.