Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets 2022/23 - Ed. Last day of Early Bird

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    We expect owners to shell out for a playing squad to compete at the top of the league yet rue our own personal contribution to it.

It is a significant cost for most but that's the cost and economics of modern football unfortunately.

Duchatelet had the intention of (relatively) cheap/reasonable tickets but at the expense of football ambition.

In an ideal world we would have cheap tickets and an altruistic zillionaire owner bankrolling football success. Most clubs don't have this perfect scenario.

The "product" is awful and has been pretty much most seasons since I've supported this predominantly joyless outfit for 35 years and I know renewing doesn't guarantee the football or squad will be any kop.

I go because I go, because it's Charlton and it's what I've always done and will always do.

I think the squad will be worse than this year next term and just expect more of the same under the current model. Any other aspect of life you'd be mad to consider keep paying hundreds if not thousands a year to imbibe in this misery. But it's what we do.

I'll renew the early bird price and £260 for 23 games of (piss poor) football with the odd moment of joy is reasonable in this day and age.

I'm not a big fan of the owner but I find it questionable we expect them to burn their dough and yet are reluctant to contribute beyond the minimum to that.

Seems a bit entitled.

Albeit I do appreciate financially it is tough times for most. £20 a month to watch football 2 or 3 times a month is cheaper than a takeaway or sky sports subscription.

No not really, can't fill seats so give 1000s away from October onwards. Then decide to increase prices after devaluing the product. 

Millions of us are piss broke due to bills going up, football will be the first to go, personally he/they have read the room wrong and they won't make any more money by increasing prices. My £400 ST will become 10 walkups at the very most., probably more like once a month or less when I lose the momentum of having a ticket in the draw all paid up and ready to use.

Pay £260 and sit in covered end?
    Nu for me, lower is shit... hence the price. Make lower 300 and upper 350.
    Just buy in the lower and walk up to the upper each game.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The Curbishley stand differentials are unenforced and unenforceable unless it happens organically art a rare sell out.
    The centre blocks of the Curbishley stand are not so special anyway, seats nearer the Covered End tend to get more of any atmosphere or second half excitement.
    Exactly, you can sit right on the end of a row in the cheaper section, and potentially just move across the stairs to the more expensive section if you want a more central view after half time. How will the club stop that? With a blockade of ticket checking stewards on the steps? 
  • Options
    So my three season tickets for block k west upper increase by 6.25% after the early bird date. I can’t manage the money for before the May deadline and I’m not paying more after watching the worst ever Charlton season. So I’m out. 
  • Options
    I will renew again as I have done for many years as I want my isle seat and can’t be arsed/remember to get game by game ticket, as i should hopefully attend at least enough home games to cover cost, and you never know next season might even be good!!!!!
  • Options
    Bit disappointing tbh. After a shite season I was hoping for something incentivised and with a clear marketing plan to drive increased sales. This isn’t doing that.

And as we pride ourselves as a family club, it’s very disappointing that a family of 4 would be (my calculations) £110 better off sitting in the CBL Upper at Millwall watching Championship football than we would watching L1 in the North Upper. 

With the earlybird discount finishing so early before any potential signings are made, the hope will largely be on maintaining as many as the current ST base as posssible over the next few weeks, rather than driving momentum around a cheaper offer and attracting current non-ST holders. 

And what was the point of burying the news on the morning of a Matchday? Could understand if it was to be tied into a visual approach, but every poster around the ground and in the toilets were still advertising this season prices. Completely wasted Matchday opportunity, strategy just makes no sense. 
    Agree that launching it on a matchday was weird. 
  • Options
    I will renew. Have turned 65 and will see my season ticket price drop from£400 to £299 
    That is good value now.
  • Options
    Bit disappointing tbh. After a shite season I was hoping for something incentivised and with a clear marketing plan to drive increased sales and take some positive momentum into the new season. This isn’t doing that.

And as we pride ourselves as a family club, it’s very disappointing that a family of 4 would be (my calculations) £110 better off sitting in the CBL Upper at Millwall watching Championship football than we would watching L1 in the North Upper. 

With the earlybird discount finishing so early before any potential signings are made, the hope will largely be on maintaining as many as the current ST base as posssible over the next few weeks, rather than driving momentum around a cheaper offer and attracting current non-ST holders. 

And what was the point of burying the news on the morning of a Matchday? Could understand if it was to be tied into a visual approach, but every poster around the ground and in the toilets were still advertising this season prices. Completely wasted Matchday opportunity, strategy just makes no sense. 
    What strategy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And nothing in today's matchday programme either, which doesn't suggest a very coordinated promotion schedule
  • Options
    I don't like the early bird discount I must say.
    Plenty of supporters are waiting to see what we do in the transfer market before deciding what to do.
    I feel we were conned last season with Sandgaard making statements about how good we were going to be this season resulting in many renewing their ticket.
    Only for us to then retain all the shite from the season before and then giving us Arter  Leco and Soaure. 
    Once bitten and all that.
    But you posted you was going to buy anyway, mate.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Plenty of supporters are waiting to see what we do in the transfer market before deciding what to do.
    I feel we were conned last season with Sandgaard making statements about how good we were going to be this season resulting in many renewing their ticket.
    Only for us to then retain all the shite from the season before and then giving us Arter  Leco and Soaure. 
    I will Chris I always do.
    But plenty of people want to see what we do in the transfer market first.

And what was you doing in the Lincoln end with your shirt off 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I will Chris I always do.
    But plenty of people want to see what we do in the transfer market first.

And what was you doing in the Lincoln end with your shirt off 
    Its cheaper in the away end.
  • Options
    Sadly I think for a large number of people general cost of living rises will mean season tickets are a commitment some won’t be able to justify

A more radical approach was needed and by that I do mean cheaper in the main. 

It’s a falling number of supporters who will renew especially given 3rd division football. 

Really need to see something else like buying batches of three home match tickets and getting one game at a discounted price. There will be more PAYG and it needs incentives for those. 
  • Options
    No way will I be renewing my season ticket.
  • Options
    If todays attendance was anything to go by, I think they'll struggle to shift these STs in any significant numbers
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    No way will I be renewing my season ticket.
    Sadly neither will lots of others unless Tommy comes good in the transfer window. 
    Sad sad times 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Rothko said:
    Not sure whether I should renew, read some of the supposed best footballing minds ever, greater then Pep and Klopp, on here, say next years a write off, so why bother...
    It’s your money at the end of the day. You ain’t that daft! 
  • Options

Yup. I was going to check Millwall’s prices (heavily advertised in the SLP for the past couple of weeks) because that was what I expected, but you’ve saved me the bother. Pretty sure the positions have swapped and that we used to offer keener prices than them for a higher level of football not so long ago. 

Will probably renew, but without much enthusiasm.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Rothko said:
    Not sure whether I should renew, read some of the supposed best footballing minds ever, greater then Pep and Klopp, on here, say next years a write off, so why bother...
    It’s your money at the end of the day. You ain’t that daft! 
    Of course I’ll renew, my lad won’t forgive me if we don’t, and for me the game is just part of a wider day of seeing my parents, having a day out with my son and the football itself is just part of it.

My post was more a reaction to some of the tiresome nonsense I read on the football side of this site, which if I’ve disengaged with anything by this season, it’s this. Anyway, sure someone will write a worthy polemic about renewing
  • Options
    Opportunity missed for me , after a crap season and the free tickets given away for months. Besides covered end lower , which is probably too cheap , prices should have been cut.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    We expect owners to shell out for a playing squad to compete at the top of the league yet rue our own personal contribution to it.

It is a significant cost for most but that's the cost and economics of modern football unfortunately.

Duchatelet had the intention of (relatively) cheap/reasonable tickets but at the expense of football ambition.

In an ideal world we would have cheap tickets and an altruistic zillionaire owner bankrolling football success. Most clubs don't have this perfect scenario.

The "product" is awful and has been pretty much most seasons since I've supported this predominantly joyless outfit for 35 years and I know renewing doesn't guarantee the football or squad will be any kop.

I go because I go, because it's Charlton and it's what I've always done and will always do.

I think the squad will be worse than this year next term and just expect more of the same under the current model. Any other aspect of life you'd be mad to consider keep paying hundreds if not thousands a year to imbibe in this misery. But it's what we do.

I'll renew the early bird price and £260 for 23 games of (piss poor) football with the odd moment of joy is reasonable in this day and age.

I'm not a big fan of the owner but I find it questionable we expect them to burn their dough and yet are reluctant to contribute beyond the minimum to that.

Seems a bit entitled.

Albeit I do appreciate financially it is tough times for most. £20 a month to watch football 2 or 3 times a month is cheaper than a takeaway or sky sports subscription.

No not really, can't fill seats so give 1000s away from October onwards. Then decide to increase prices after devaluing the product. 

Millions of us are piss broke due to bills going up, football will be the first to go, personally he/they have read the room wrong and they won't make any more money by increasing prices. My £400 ST will become 10 walkups at the very most., probably more like once a month or less when I lose the momentum of having a ticket in the draw all paid up and ready to use.

In fairness S/Ts will never be good value for someone going to 10 games per season.
    They are good value if you go to all or nearly all the games.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Sadly I think for a large number of people general cost of living rises will mean season tickets are a commitment some won’t be able to justify

A more radical approach was needed and by that I do mean cheaper in the main. 

It’s a falling number of supporters who will renew especially given 3rd division football. 

Really need to see something else like buying batches of three home match tickets and getting one game at a discounted price. There will be more PAYG and it needs incentives for those. 
    Previous experience suggests a falling number of season tickets does NOT lead to more PAYG, just lower crowds. I think this is because just as ST holders trade down so do existing match purchasers by going less often or not at all. Obviously you can change that, at least after Christmas, with success on the pitch. It’s unlikely to happen in (July!), August and September.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Bit disappointing tbh. After a shite season I was hoping for something incentivised and with a clear marketing plan to drive increased sales and take some positive momentum into the new season. This isn’t doing that.

Completely agree and once again they’ve totally failed to read the room and current situation and feeling supporters have towards the club right now. We have had an awful season, over promised and under delivered, they say they recognise the financial crisis facing us, so let’s freeze the price and then up it just a month later.

They’re going to have a shock when a good few thousand don’t renew.

I don’t expect TS to just bankroll the club, supporters have a part to play. It would be foolish otherwise, but I think he has been foolish in the costs and money actually required to run a club in the modern game. However, by taking the piss out of us throughout this season even if best intentions were at heart at first, they continued and failed to see what was happening quickly enough. Then, by serving up the crap we have had to endure, now this, there is literally no incentives for supporters to remain loyal. Please can someone tell me where they are looking after season ticket holders? Because that’s what they said they were going to do.

And to then name all of the things that is being invested in to be ‘Premier League ready’ do me a favour! It’s his ambition, it’s decisions he is making, yet we are so far away from getting to that level it is a complete fantasy. How can you name all these different investments as a reason to justify prices or to try and sell season tickets for next season. We all want to progress, we all should have ambition, but what supporters truly want is to go to support their team and see a team winning, playing good football, and that is how we enjoy the match day experience and feel it’s good value for money. And yes, I know the argument will be well with more money from revenue we will have a better chance of recruiting the better players. But we won’t because others will be paying more in fees and wages, others will deal with the agents that TS won’t, others are so far ahead of us already. That was what was meant to happen this season and we are on our way to the worst season in living memory for most of us, and not once have I seen anyone say you know what, we got that wrong, we won’t be making the same mistakes. Instead it’s we’ll recruitment last time was left late as we didn’t have everything ready, this time it’s in place but we can’t control if we sign players early enough. Yes, you can, you can control it a lot more if you are serious, if you show ambition, if you sell the club, it’s history and it’s potential well enough. Previous managers have done it. Other clubs do it. 

Maybe I am being far too harsh, but if I am it’s because of this season, in fact no, it’s since November 2019. Two and half years of mainly a lot of crap. So I have to ask, other than blind faith and loyalty, which we are all guilty of because of our love of the club, what is there that is actually attractive for season ticket holders to renew? 
    Unfortunately so true