Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Alfie D on the move so I hear, do we have a sell on clause?
  • I think a 6pm announcement is possible, we've definitely done it in the past. If not then, then tomorrow.
  • Oshilaja was announced about 2am* so anything can happen.

*chance this is an exaggeration. 
  • I see Scott Lindsey has been appointed Swindon Head Coach so he's obviously not coming now.
  • I see Scott Lindsey has been appointed Swindon Head Coach so he's obviously not coming now.
    Shame, I wanted to blame TS for not bringing him in.

Be interesting to see where the other Scott ends up.
  • @Ollywozere where is the announcement mate ? Now come on surely your not on bloody holiday again ! 😂😂
  • edited June 2022

Got us all jumping thru hoops  again 'aven't they.. B)
  • What's the sausage saying?
  • edited June 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    I think a 6pm announcement is possible, we've definitely done it in the past. If not then, then tomorrow.

Seveeeerrrn!!... ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    @Ollywozere where is the announcement mate ? Now come on surely your not on bloody holiday again ! 😂😂
    He is not on the forum at the moment, too busy taking photos and typing up details  :)
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’m hearing….

… a buzzing noise in my right ear. 
    Election Night Special  - Monty Python c1975.
  • edited June 2022
    Welcome back Naby

Just kidding before anyone starts complaining/jizzing.
  • edited June 2022
    Chunes said:
    Just seen Marquis being shown around a flat in Abbey Wood
    Overlooking the lake at Thamesmead?..Nice.. B)
  •  😳😳😲😲😲😲😳😳
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Welcome back Naby

Just kidding before anyone starts complaining/jizzing.
    Swap deal for Gilbey
  • Garner’s assistant has been appointed head coach at Swindon.
  • Chunes said:
    Doesn't mean nuffink, could be going anywhere now the Elizabeth Line runs from Abbey Wood to Paddington, couldn't he?
  • Scoham said:
    I see Scott Lindsey has been appointed Swindon Head Coach so he's obviously not coming now.

He'll get frozen out.... Antarctic 🥶
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like Scarfy is busy and the large lady is preparing to sing. The most important things is they are given support when and if the T's are crossed and the i are dotted. 

Two academy boys have just had their names erased from the manifest for the trip to Spain and will instead train on the beach at camber sands.
    I can feel it in my water we are near.

• edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    Scoham said:
    I see Scott Lindsey has been appointed Swindon Head Coach so he's obviously not coming now.

Always a shame when you have to explain a joke... ;)
  • Garner’s assistant has been appointed head coach at Swindon.
    That’s a little bit concerning. But perhaps explains why there’s been a delay. Hopefully Garner still gets to pick the backroom staff he wants.
  • edited June 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m hearing….

… a buzzing noise in my right ear. 
    Election Night Special  - Monty Python c1975.
    They nailed it. 

PS This thread is no more, it has ceased to be. 
    It never had a decent rumour, and it’s too late for one now. 

All hail … the New Announcements thread. 
  • Chunes said:
    Doesn't mean nuffink, could be going anywhere now the Elizabeth Line runs from Abbey Wood to Paddington, couldn't he?
    Heard he's obsessed with the London Transport Museum and wants to be able to get there sharpish.
  • swordfish said:
    Scoham said:

Always a shame when you have to explain a joke... ;)
    Hard to read the room online being a relative newcomer and a🐟 😎
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    As soon as I heard the Reed link I assumed it meant that Garner could possibly go with a 4-2-3-1 system. We haven't got the players for a 4-3-3 and would need to bring in 2 or 3 attackers to make it work. It's a hard (and expensive) position to fill.

However we already have at least 2 players who could fulfil the 1 in that system, plus players like DJ and CBT would could fit into the wide positions of the 3. You then have Dobson/Reed/JFC filling your 2, you already need new fullbacks, so you bring in attacking ones, and you can player Frasier as the middle of the 3, so you just need to bring in competition.

So with a 4-3-3 you need to bring in 2-3 attackers, whilst with 4-2-3-1 you need to bring in midfield cover/competition, a far easier position to fill. It's the same number of players, but a bigger pool to choose from.

We know that Garner wants to play possession football, there's definitely an argument that can be better achieved with the 4-2-3-1.

Plus you have to consider who can step up from the U23s and who is coming through behind them. Is it easier to build a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 over the coming years, and which gets the best out of the talent that is coming through.
    Is there much difference between a 433 and 4231? Personally I think the only difference is the 3 CM's, with a 4231 having two holding and then relying on one being a lot more attacking. If we sign Reed, I think we just need one more CM, who has to be capable of chipping in. But we'd have 7 players who see themselves as midfielders so will have to offload one.  
    Agree if we get Reed we would need 1 more that will chip in with goals. Then would like to move Gilbey and Morgan on and then just use Henry as the 6th midfield option as he’s young so doesn’t count to squad list. No point using up a squad spot on a 6th choice when we probably need it elsewhere 
    Do we know if the squad cap is 20 or 21 players? If we go for 2 players in each position plus Clare and Aneke then we’d only 1 or 2 of those to be U21. I’d be content with using Henry as 6th, especially as we’ve got Clare too. Although it’s a long old season and I don’t think having one of Morgan or Gilbey as 6th choice would be a bad idea. I’d probably go for the U21 at full back. 
    Cheers. I thought the initial plan was to reduce it to 21 this season and then 20 from next season. Wasn't sure if that had been scrapped. I think full-backs is the way to go for the U21's. 
    The article said reduced to 20 next season and was a year old.  What ever it is, assuming it's 1 less than last year, we have six spaces left as of today.
    2 less than last year isn't it? Was 22 last season, although Morgan has become a qualifying player too. 
  • Scoham said:
    Swindon’s journalist on Scott Lindsey. Set mouths to foaming.
    Quite funny really as the tweets I read were the same as ours getting Garner. 3/4th choice, how many turned us down, cheap option lol