Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• This right winger available soon

Sorry Admin, delete away
    Well we did sign Thatcher once. And stranger still played thatcher on the left wing.
  • paulfox said:
    Colby Bishop is definitely someone we should be interested in.
    Totally agree we should be.
    But I don't believe we will spend any money this window on a transfer fee.
    It will be free transfers and loan deals so I can't see it happen. 
    I'd love to be proved wrong Tommy so get yer check book out.
    Do you think Tommy can resist not having a bit of a show off signing? I’m hoping people are right with there assumption it’s all about him and he can’t help splashing out on someone once he’s got his freebies. 
    not a chance.
  • If we aren’t going to be paying any fees in this window (and I can understand TS’ reluctance to plough more money in), then I struggle to see where we’re going to find the additional quality we need.  Some of you may know the loan/free transfer market better than I do, but can we get the quality needed from it?  
  • There’s nothing to suggest we can’t pay a fee in this window, he hasn’t said it, he hasn’t indicated it, and every previous window he’s paid decent fees for league one.  We just might not need to, in their eyes at least.  

Unless you believe in the perpetual gossipers over at #CAFC Twitter and Facebook about him being “Skintgaard” and all the rest of it.  
    I don’t think he’s skint, thought I recalled a couple of comments on here saying it would be mainly free agents and loans.  If anything I think his financial commitment is the one thing he can’t be criticized for.  He’s put his money where his mouth is.  Granted it’s been loaned to the club, but I think we’ve been lucky to have what he’s put in so far.  

It’s because of this I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s putting the breaks on paying much in the way of fees. 
  • If we spent 5 mill on transfers some would be unhappy we didn’t spend 10 mill, while others would say we are being reckless, can’t please everyone!
    Extraordinary that people might have differing opinions. 

I’m hugely critical of TS but I don’t blame him
    For not spending big this summer - our signings have been extremely average at best when we’ve spent money on them . Frees and loans can serve well under the right guidance as long as the coaching and recruitment are good, as Huddersfield showed last year .
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Ironically that compo paid to Swindon probably put us top of the spending table for L1, where we might still be unless much has changed this week. Definitely still above Sheff Wed if Famewo was only £50k.🤔
  • Chunes said:
    As someone else said, if McGrandles had 2 years left on his contract and he'd paid 400k for him then some would actually be happier...
    That was me also 😉
  • Only going by TS comments before the season ended he said 5 permanent deals and 4 loans .. we need to make room in the 23 for these ?
  • Only going by TS comments before the season ended he said 5 permanent deals and 4 loans .. we need to make room in the 23 for these ?
    Morgan 
    Gilbey 
    Davison. 
    That would be my choice. 
    He said 2-5 permanents and 5 or 6 loans. As well as moving players on we could see some u21 players come in.
  • I definitely think we need to spend a few quid on a decent striker. We have a decent ish defence and midfield. But we are lacking up front. 
  • I think we will spend money on a a striker if / when the right deal is there to be had. The club know we need to bring goals into the team to get promotion and I’m hoping the shrewd signings we have made e.g. McGrandles on a free instead of paying for Louis Reed etc are all part of the plan to save the lion share of our budget for a 20 goal striker (which we know will cost money).
  • Sponsored links:

• Imagine Stockley or Aneke got injured or both. We really need another striker of the calibre of Stockton IMO.
    The likelihood of which is extremely high - both of them being injured .  I don’t think they are good enough to take us up anyway 
  • Now the Wilks transfer to the Massives has fallen through, I’d love us to go big and get him. Hull apparently waiting to get a replacement in first, so could be late in the window
  • edited July 2022
    If we spent 5 mill on transfers some would be unhappy we didn’t spend 10 mill, while others would say we are being reckless, can’t please everyone!
    When you hear that £5 million wouldn't buy £45 million man Sterlings left arm, it doesn't feel whether you spend £5m or £10m would make one heck of a difference.
  • Now the Wilks transfer to the Massives has fallen through, I’d love us to go big and get him. Hull apparently waiting to get a replacement in first, so could be late in the window
    Not sure he’ll ever move to a club outside of Yorkshire.
  • Scoham said:
    Now the Wilks transfer to the Massives has fallen through, I’d love us to go big and get him. Hull apparently waiting to get a replacement in first, so could be late in the window
    Not sure he’ll ever move to a club outside of Yorkshire.
    Would miss the Woolpack
  • Hal1x said:
    If we spent 5 mill on transfers some would be unhappy we didn’t spend 10 mill, while others would say we are being reckless, can’t please everyone!
    When you hear that £5 million wouldn't buy £45 million man Sterlings left arm, it doesn't feel whether you spend £5m or £10m would make one heck of a difference.
    Not at the top level, but you could hoover io some up and coming talent in the lower leagues with 5 mill.
  • I think we will spend money on a a striker if / when the right deal is there to be had. The club know we need to bring goals into the team to get promotion and I’m hoping the shrewd signings we have made e.g. McGrandles on a free instead of paying for Louis Reed etc are all part of the plan to save the lion share of our budget for a 20 goal striker (which we know will cost money).
    Don’t know why people are so anti stockley when we already have a 20 goal striker, that would probably have been 25 or more if he hadn’t been injured.
    aneke’ return last season was something like 4 in 9 .
    he got us 15 off the bench before going to Birmingham.
    Of course we’d like another but really we should have just kept Washington.
  • edited July 2022
    CafcSCP said:
    I think we will spend money on a a striker if / when the right deal is there to be had. The club know we need to bring goals into the team to get promotion and I’m hoping the shrewd signings we have made e.g. McGrandles on a free instead of paying for Louis Reed etc are all part of the plan to save the lion share of our budget for a 20 goal striker (which we know will cost money).
    Don’t know why people are so anti stockley when we already have a 20 goal striker, that would probably have been 25 or more if he hadn’t been injured.
    aneke’ return last season was something like 4 in 9 .
    he got us 15 off the bench before going to Birmingham.
    Of course we’d like another but really we should have just kept Washington.
    Considering we're not playing hoofball this year... Give it 5-10 games and I think we'll be reminded of how awkward he looks playing this kind of football. 

I remember when we lost at home to Morecambe, there was a moment in the second half when Dobson played a simple ball on the floor up to him. Stockley tried to play a simple pass back, but the ball hit his foot, then his shin, then his knee, then bounced off the ground and fortunately bobbled back to one of our players. I could swear sections of the crowd were laughing. 
  • edited July 2022
    Defo need a striker to replace Washington, currently one light in that department. That would be my priority right now if we had some money to spend. I’d guess the rest would be loans at the end of the window.